You need to play a total of 20 battles to post in this section.
tm63au

Another Russian Bias Rant

55 comments in this topic

[TO07]
Members
4,226 posts
31,083 battles

I just played a game against a Borodino as well as a number of games against them last night, not a lot but enough to see where this is going.

After a few games I can see it will be another Slava sit bow on and its unsinkable, absolutely ridiculous these Russian ships.

And before any of the LESTA FANBOYS and VMF FANBOYS come in and start white Knighting for WG, yes I have heard the it all before YES there is Fantasy ships from other nations and YES some are OP and YES some should not be in game.

But the big difference here most them have weaknesses for instance German ships who's best skill is secondaries, but are now useless even if you could get in range, you could moor the Queen Mary along side any of the German battleships and you would be lucky to get 5 hits out 30 shells fired.

USN built some of the best battleships in the world every body knows that and I'm not even huge fan I like them, even The British built some great BB's,  WG has the Gaul to complain about GC a Tier 5 and they bring out another fantasy ship to TROLL the community.

I have always maintained that I have no issue being beaten fair and square, but these Russian ships are jokes and it gets really frustrating when historical ships are made to look redundant .

So for all those DEFENDERS OF THE FAITH who will down vote me with MEH and BORING emojis knock yourselves out, but at least show some B__ ls unlike in past times and declare yourselves and put a case forward for your beloved VMF fantasy ships.

RANT over.      

Edited by tm63au
  • Cool 13
  • Thanks 3
  • Haha 2
  • Boring 8
  • Meh 1

[HINON]
[HINON]
Members
9,831 posts
16,884 battles

its a BB that has all its guns at the front and that will give most players the false idea of bow tanking being the way to play it, then the Airstrikes and subs find them

[MELON]
Members
1,081 posts
3,022 battles

Doesn't that thing have garbage armor?

• Cool 1

[WOLF5]
Supertester
5,240 posts
4,507 battles
Just now, Koogus said:

Yes, 25mm bow. Makes Slava look well armored.

I'm not sure what OP's issue is, fantasy ships? That boat sailed long ago. Russian Bias? There are ships you could argue that on, but Borodino isn't one of them. I think OP needs to do some research before jumping to conclusions.

• Cool 1

[CAZA]
Beta Testers, In AlfaTesters
587 posts
8,440 battles

The absolute state of this forum.

• Cool 4

[TO07]
Members
4,226 posts
31,083 battles
21 minutes ago, Koogus said:

Could have fooled me in the the 3 games I played in my Bismarck and tried to close to range with it. 

[TO07]
Members
4,226 posts
31,083 battles
20 minutes ago, AJTP89 said:

Yes, 25mm bow. Makes Slava look well armored.

I'm not sure what OP's issue is, fantasy ships? That boat sailed long ago. Russian Bias? There are ships you could argue that on, but Borodino isn't one of them. I think OP needs to do some research before jumping to conclusions.

I will do some research like you suggest.

plus 1 to you sir for putting your case unlike some who just did the usual down vote

dam ran out of karma, next time.  

• Boring 2

[-TRM-]
Members
5,566 posts

It does not matter anymore.

What with the toxic state of the Randoms mode you should count any game time as something to be best forgotten. Win or lose. It does not matter any particular ship anymore.

As far as the Russian Bias Im over it a long time ago. I have played international video games in the past and some are truly anti American. One was a iranian rewrite knock off of Call of duty. For their own people's constant consumption of death to big satan (USA) and death to little satan (Russia etc)

Yes the game model is flawed. I cannot be bothered to dig all that up over again.

The constant unsolved problems backed by a selfish toxic population that enjoys being destructive in game or in port when they follow you there to abuse you etc... that's the real problem.

These forums I am convinced are left aside as one would leave a honey fly paper at the door to keep the home clear of pests. Anyone can rant until they are blue in the face and exhausted., Nothing will change. In fact some things will increase. It is WG's product. Once the cash flow stops then this whole thing will stop. I know I pretty much have stopped the spending. It will take 6 months to a year before they noticed it really stopped. Where is the two thousand dollar spending at xmas? In another video game of a much better quality.

• Cool 2
  • Boring 1

[MELON]
Members
1,081 posts
3,022 battles
5 minutes ago, xHeavy said:

It does not matter anymore.

What with the toxic state of the Randoms mode you should count any game time as something to be best forgotten. Win or lose. It does not matter any particular ship anymore.

As far as the Russian Bias Im over it a long time ago. I have played international video games in the past and some are truly anti American. One was a iranian rewrite knock off of Call of duty. For their own people's constant consumption of death to big satan (USA) and death to little satan (Russia etc)

Yes the game model is flawed. I cannot be bothered to dig all that up over again.

The constant unsolved problems backed by a selfish toxic population that enjoys being destructive in game or in port when they follow you there to abuse you etc... that's the real problem.

These forums I am convinced are left aside as one would leave a honey fly paper at the door to keep the home clear of pests. Anyone can rant until they are blue in the face and exhausted., Nothing will change. In fact some things will increase. It is WG's product. Once the cash flow stops then this whole thing will stop. I know I pretty much have stopped the spending. It will take 6 months to a year before they noticed it really stopped. Where is the two thousand dollar spending at xmas? In another video game of a much better quality.

That's a really long way of saying I'm not enjoying the game anymore.........

• Cool 1
  • Haha 2
  • Meh 1

[RSL]
Members
865 posts
13,355 battles

Of all the Russian ships to chose from to try to push Russian Bias (which doesn't really exist outside of Petro and Nevsky), you chose Borodino?!?! 

Borodino has very weak side armor, 220mm IIRC, and a 25mm upper nose. It has weaknesses. Just need to learn them and exploit them. 

• Cool 7

Members
449 posts
9,070 battles

Borodino has 25mm of bow armour and 6 guns with a 31 second reload

Need I say more?

• Cool 2

[RSL]
Members
865 posts
13,355 battles
3 minutes ago, mcgibe said:

Borodino has 25mm of bow armour and 6 guns with a 31 second reload

Need I say more?

220 mm armor belt as well

• Cool 1
  • Thanks 1

[TOG]
Members
4,751 posts
33,875 battles

It's more tanky than it looks. It has a 50mm icebreaker plate among other things.Reminds me of a down tiered Slava.

[WOLF5]
[WOLF5]
Members
37,606 posts
30,513 battles

@Bill_Halsey That's a lot of real estate to hit on the extremities.  You're also overselling that 50mm icebreaker as it doesn't go that high.  There's plenty of bow to hit, especially with typical engagement ranges.

625KNgw.jpeg

You try to bow tank in Borodino, you're going to get ----ed sideways with a cactus by anything that can Overmatch that 25mm armor, which is a lot of things out there.  And there is A LOT of 25mm real estate to hit.

hqdefault.jpg&f=1&nofb=1

• Cool 1
  • Thanks 1

[WOLF1]
Beta Testers
15,947 posts
22,927 battles

Hmm interesting, did not seem to tough to me. But my encounter was when in a Missouri so I had a 1 tier higher but even so 406mm guns was doing OK for me. Will keep my eye out for more encounters.

• Cool 1

[HINON]
Alpha Tester
27,530 posts
26,273 battles
2 hours ago, tm63au said:

Could have fooled me in the the 3 games I played in my Bismarck and tried to close to range with it. 

IIRC it has a 50mm icebreaker lower bow and a 25mm upper bow, so if you aim at or near the waterline Borodino will shrug off even Shikishima fire. Put your shells in the tip of its nose, and you'll arc into its (admittedly thick) citadel athwartship plate, iirc.

<Edit> I should not post while tired, the icebreaker has been mentioned.

Edited by Lert
  • Thanks 1
  • Boring 1

[SALVO]
6,593 posts
7,430 battles

They seem to burn easily when up against HE dive bombers. 

[SLI]
10,529 posts
1 hour ago, Bill_Halsey said:

It's more tanky than it looks. It has a 50mm icebreaker plate among other things.Reminds me of a down tiered Slava.

I really wish you guys would stop saying that.  I have Lenin and I don't need a second premium RU BB of the same tier.

I likes ma Slava though.....a lot.

[MHG]
Members
553 posts
6,889 battles

It has many weaknesses. I'd make the arguement that Lenin is the more difficult ship to face, especially from the bow. Lenin fires the same number of guns directly forward with drastically better armour. It'll shake off hits from most BB's in its tier spread. Both ships are equally weak from the flank. Limited DCP is a non-issue with proper consumable management in your average game. Lenin has pre-nerf soviet dispersion too, does she not? 

Borodino's only benefit is the Radar, which, due to her armour, is going to be situational at best. 

In my opinion, I dont have her yet anyways

[SLI]
10,529 posts
13 minutes ago, RonJamesDio said:

Lenin has pre-nerf soviet dispersion too, does she not? 

Dispersion and Sigma values for them:

Lenin.thumb.png.d5fbf1d91cc1dc63acf992c4bd49e8ac.pngBor.thumb.png.4faa1c1cc4214ce9436c7af270c8a507.png

[4_0_4]
Members
334 posts
2,244 battles

It has a 220 mm above waterline exposed citadel as well as the 25 mm upper bow.  If you get on it’s side with even a CA, nevermind a BB, you can take it apart.  As soon as people figure that out, anyone cross map will take a potshot at this thing if it’s detected.

Edited by rallybackmonkey
Department of redundancy department.
  • Cool 1

[-TRM-]
Members
5,566 posts
4 hours ago, Koogus said:

That's a really long way of saying I'm not enjoying the game anymore.........

Not necessarily.

I have spent a great deal of time in Operations this past week or two. The rest of the summer will have huge time planned in Scenarios. The benefits being mined will support winter game play then. Ive been getting a french commander to 21, one of the seasoned ones. However gathering the necessary million to two million ECXP will take a time.

I have played a number of Clan Brawls in a Div with my Clan every day for s short period of time. We lost a few games wom more than a few in particular (I think I have gotten 4 of the victory missions for clan battles completed. Slowly working the way up them four wins at a time.) The Clan Div is with people or even a merc now and then who know how to play and we all work well together.

I do not play clan brawl with solo in puhlic with strangers. Its either a win or a fiasco best forgotten.

Coop serves it's own purposes in the dailies. We don't do ranked. So no stress there. The Random mode is where there is most of the trouble which is unnecessary. If the chat is disabled I am unaware of the salt and toxins from the team. (They are talking to a empty space, I dont see or her what they are saying to me specifically) nor do I care. I play the game map presented and eventually get sunk. That would be that.

Move on to the next ship and feed that into the next random. After a few randoms the first several would be completed, either victory or defeat. Whatever. Report for abuse those who follow me into port after a map and say bad things. They get blacklisted and forgotten. There are hundreds on that list. Chokes the game sometimes. If they are still taking time to give me a hard time in a game product then they are truly wasting their own times. All they have to do is back off and play for fun. I'll be dead and gone in due time medically. Just finished upgrading some of the paperwork in the hospital to DNR anyway in the light of changes this month after surgery. In due time I'll be forgotten as well.

Having fun? Sure. But enjoying the game product? No. That got stopped in patch 8.0 and every patch since with the exception of patch 10.5 that eliminated team kills which really benefited the game. There has been way too many bad teammates throwing torps into my hull for just being pink for a couple of games. No big deal to them as long I am out of the game itself for that map. Now that the TK is eliminated all they can do is abuse me. I have actually taken a moment to deliberately take them out after game start a couple of times and be pink myself. Its against ToS and only in response to repeated Tk's Even a church mouse like me can bite when cornered. So the 10.5 TK removal benefit everyone. Not just me. Because if that continued there would have been bans and sanctions handed out and the trolls and tkers would have won.

Its nice that I am so famous. Makes me wonder how that came about.

Edited by xHeavy

[CAAT]
Members
5,882 posts
7,687 battles
4 hours ago, tm63au said:

After a few games I can see will be another Slava sit bow and its sinkable, absolutely ridiculous these Russian ships.

To be fair, I looked at Borodino's stats today, and that's LITERALLY what she is in EVERY aspect. a Tier VIII Slava. You cannot brawl in her because of that weak 25mm bow/stern armor, and you can't even TRY to use secondaries in any real capacity (she literally has just 4 guns), so that's pointless (at least Slava has secondaries I guess, although the weak armor would make brawling rather risky). All you CAN actually do with her is a survivability build, and with her battlecruiser dispersion, she definitely fits that sniper role. 

[HINON]
Alpha Tester
27,530 posts
26,273 battles
14 minutes ago, SaiIor_Moon said:

You cannot brawl in her because of that weak 25mm bow/stern armor, and you can't even TRY to use secondaries in any real capacity

With a noobtrap radar as well, 'encouraging' people to get in close to make use of it, only to promptly get yeeted back to port.

• Boring 1