Jump to content
You need to play a total of 20 battles to post in this section.
CrazyHorse_Denver

They cheapened my Missouri...

88 comments in this topic

Recommended Posts

Members
1,716 posts
18,740 battles

… and I'm not happy about it. How did they cheapen it???

The old ship had it's own in game reputation and history that will now be mixed and confused with the new version.

I could have cared less about the credit earning potential... that's not why I got the ship.

I wasn't even planning on doing the grind to get it. At that point in time the game didn't have all the camos and flags that boosted FXP and it indeed was going to be a grind to get the 750,000 needed and I'd have to abandon the several tech tree lines I was grinding out. However a Super Container with 50,000 FXP in it convinced me to try. Months later a second SC with another 50k FXP took me over the top.

I could not have known about what WG was going to do but once they did it the Missouri became extra special because of the message it would be sending to all future WoWS players. What Message? If you knew nothing else about me like WR or my postings in the forum you did know one thing... I was an old school player that was around back in the day when 750,000 FXP was a serious grind and just maybe you don't want to mess with me.

Now I'll just be lumped in with all the other newbie whales that didn't have to work for their ship. :Smile_sad:

  • Cool 3
  • Thanks 2
  • Haha 2
  • Sad 3
  • Boring 16
  • Meh 9

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
18,718
[ARGSY]
Members
25,699 posts
19,788 battles
2 minutes ago, CrazyHorse_Denver said:

Now I'll just be lumped in with all the other newbie whales that didn't have to work for their ship. 

 

 

And all the older whales who converted elite ship XP with doubloons to get it before it was pulled.

And all the newbie whales who spent their way through however many Santa boxes were needed to get it in 2018, 2019 and 2020.

How are you going to tell yourself apart from THEM?

  • Cool 5
  • Funny 1
  • Boring 2

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
808
[NUWES]
Members
3,525 posts
13,339 battles
3 minutes ago, CrazyHorse_Denver said:

… and I'm not happy about it. How did they cheapen it???

The old ship had it's own in game reputation and history that will now be mixed and confused with the new version.

I could have cared less about the credit earning potential... that's not why I got the ship.

I wasn't even planning on doing the grind to get it. At that point in time the game didn't have all the camos and flags that boosted FXP and it indeed was going to be a grind to get the 750,000 needed and I'd have to abandon the several tech tree lines I was grinding out. However a Super Container with 50,000 FXP in it convinced me to try. Months later a second SC with another 50k FXP took me over the top.

I could not have known about what WG was going to do but once they did it the Missouri became extra special because of the message it would be sending to all future WoWS players. What Message? If you knew nothing else about me like WR or my postings in the forum you did know one thing... I was an old school player that was around back in the day when 750,000 FXP was a serious grind and just maybe you don't want to mess with me.

Now I'll just be lumped in with all the other newbie whales that didn't have to work for their ship. :Smile_sad:

That doesn't make sense. I have no idea how your enjoyment of the ship is somehow cheapened by the fact that others can now get it, but people believe what they want to believe so I'll leave it at that. 

  • Cool 5
  • Funny 1
  • Sad 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1,040
[MELON]
Members
985 posts
2,898 battles

I'm sorry but you sound like a spoiled child.

 

HOW DARE WG ALLOW OTHERS GET THIS SHIP!!!!!!! ITS MINE! MINE! MINE!

  • Cool 2
  • Funny 1
  • Thanks 5

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
18,718
[ARGSY]
Members
25,699 posts
19,788 battles
5 minutes ago, Estimated_Prophet said:

Same thing as Black and Flint.

I spent steel for my Black. I desperately want WG to bring her back for coal as they said they would. 

  • Cool 1
  • Thanks 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
5,078
[WOLFG]
Members
13,437 posts
12,888 battles
2 minutes ago, Koogus said:

I'm sorry but you sound like a spoiled child.

 

HOW DARE WG ALLOW OTHERS GET THIS SHIP!!!!!!! ITS MINE! MINE! MINE!

Image result for my precious meme

  • Cool 1
  • Haha 2

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1,291
[X-PN]
Members
2,123 posts
13,645 battles
6 minutes ago, Ensign_Cthulhu said:

I spent steel for my Black. I desperately want WG to bring her back for coal as they said they would. 

Interesting statement... why?

 

I spend steel for Flint (2 seasons of CB steel) and they announced a month later the coal thing.  Had they announced before I pulled the trigger, my decision process would have be different... but more importantly, I believe if it wasn't so widely available they would have felt less need to nerf it so hard.  About the only good thing from it be so available is that the potatoes have tanked the stats so WG has been slowing bringing it back to decency.... almost.

  • Cool 1
  • Boring 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Members
1,716 posts
18,740 battles
4 minutes ago, Koogus said:

I'm sorry but you sound like a spoiled child.

 

HOW DARE WG ALLOW OTHERS GET THIS SHIP!!!!!!! ITS MINE! MINE! MINE!

No need to apologize for your misperceptions...

There are a number of ways that WG could have brought back the Missouri making it distinctive from the original. Bring it back as a black version... or... how about a special flag for the original ships. Something... anything... to show the difference between the two. 

My OP was not about denying others from getting the ship. It was about the loss of the history of how I got my ship. 

I sincerely hope they bring back the Enterprise one day... when... they do I won't mind because they'll probably be getting it the same way I did... the easy wallet way.

  • Cool 1
  • Meh 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
13,592
[PVE]
Members
14,750 posts
31,408 battles
34 minutes ago, CrazyHorse_Denver said:

… and I'm not happy about it. How did they cheapen it???

The old ship had it's own in game reputation and history that will now be mixed and confused with the new version.

I could have cared less about the credit earning potential... that's not why I got the ship.

I wasn't even planning on doing the grind to get it. At that point in time the game didn't have all the camos and flags that boosted FXP and it indeed was going to be a grind to get the 750,000 needed and I'd have to abandon the several tech tree lines I was grinding out. However a Super Container with 50,000 FXP in it convinced me to try. Months later a second SC with another 50k FXP took me over the top.

I could not have known about what WG was going to do but once they did it the Missouri became extra special because of the message it would be sending to all future WoWS players. What Message? If you knew nothing else about me like WR or my postings in the forum you did know one thing... I was an old school player that was around back in the day when 750,000 FXP was a serious grind and just maybe you don't want to mess with me.

Now I'll just be lumped in with all the other newbie whales that didn't have to work for their ship. :Smile_sad:

If you could care less about credit earning potential then you should not care about it coming back in this form because that is the only change to the ship itself. Nothing will be mixed and confused about the ship. This isn't going to be like there are 2 versions (like Alaska and Alaska B). As said the only change is new owners will see standard T9 earnings and current (OG) owners will retain the boost to credits. No one will know which earnings you have and that makes no difference. Missouri will still be Missouri.

The whole I worked for the ship thing and others get it in a different way :Smile_child: is foolish. I am sorry but it is. Who cares when or how someone gets some pixels in a game? And if you really want to play semantics here a new player buying Missouri for real $$$ is the one who "worked" for it (have to work to get money) while players like you and myself who got it years ago with 750K FXP (when that was a LOT) played a game for it; we didn't "work" to get the ship.

If it helps you cope try and look at it like all the effort you put in to getting the ship when it was 750K FXP means you get to retain that built in credit printing press it came with and the newbs get a lesser earning  ship. The ONE thing that sets the Missouri you got apart from the one the new players will get is that credit earning. There is nothing else. So your efforts are not wasted. You have the shinier toy. 

And for the record FXP could be bought, either through converting elite XP or in crates, long before Missouri was removed. So, that means newb whales were buying it even back when you got it (or there abouts). That hasn't changed with this move to bring it back.

Edited by AdmiralThunder
  • Cool 2

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
36,693
[HINON]
Alpha Tester
26,283 posts
22,562 battles
6 minutes ago, CrazyHorse_Denver said:

My OP was not about denying others from getting the ship. It was about the loss of the history of how I got my ship.

You know how you got yours. Other people don't give a crap how you got yours. Still not seeing the problem here. Never took you for someone who wanted to be seen as speshul for driving a ship.

  • Cool 4
  • Funny 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
897
[PROJX]
Beta Testers
1,392 posts
5,593 battles

Imo better than being lumped in with those who whaled to get it during Santa Crates

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Members
1,716 posts
18,740 battles
23 minutes ago, Ensign_Cthulhu said:

 

 

And all the older whales who converted elite ship XP with doubloons to get it before it was pulled.

And all the newbie whales who spent their way through however many Santa boxes were needed to get it in 2018, 2019 and 2020.

How are you going to tell yourself apart from THEM?

Because WG hides a lot of it's numbers we can only make educated guesses... but

For your first example I would not guess it's a significant %. By the time they announced it's removal many if not most people that wanted it already had it.

As for your second example I'd be shocked if it was more than a single digit of a % point and it might even be less than that.

The numbers really being insignificant I was never worried about them. Now the new numbers that will be coming in will be diluting my ships history.

  • Boring 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
18,718
[ARGSY]
Members
25,699 posts
19,788 battles
Just now, YouSatInGum said:

Interesting statement... why?

1) Because WG said they would.

2) Because coal is easier to accumulate than steel for most people.

3) I'm not driven into paroxysms of rage simply because WG gives someone the chance to get something I have for less money or effort than I put into it. When the removal of Neustra, Black and Flint for steel and the announcement of their return for coal was made, I had already spent almost all my steel on the Black. I rejoiced because I knew that when they eventually came back, not only I but also other future players wouldn't have to work as hard as I did to get them. That's an attitude that comes from being a parent. EVERY DECENT FATHER WANTS TO PLACE HIS CHILDREN INTO A BETTER SET OF CIRCUMSTANCES THAN HE HAD AS A CHILD. 

Let's extend that to money premiums. I bought Yubari and Anshan with my own money when they were money-only premiums, and both of them are now coal ships. I'm pleased for people who can't afford/aren't allowed (e.g. minors) to spend money on this game, who can now get themselves a couple of premium ships for free. I bought Graf Spee and Tachibana with my own money, and I was equally pleased for the FTP crowd when WG handed them out for easily achievable efforts in the Odin and Hizen dockyards. I bought Warspite with my own money and I was pleased when the UK DD event gave FTP players the opportunity to earn her for free. I've bought a bunch of permacamos for ships which later got them as freebies in events that FTP players could win. Sure I rolled my eyes a bit at first, but I was still immensely pleased that the have-nots could earn an opportunity to have.

 

1 minute ago, CrazyHorse_Denver said:

Now the new numbers that will be coming in will be diluting my ships history.

Cry me a river.

  • Thanks 2

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
3,680
[ARS]
Beta Testers
6,764 posts
6,914 battles

Sorry OP, but that is ridiculous. Don't base your self worth on what others might think about you.  99% of the time when you think they are thinking about you, judging you, they aren't, they are thinking about a bill to pay, work to do, or in this case a ship to shoot or an island to avoid or some such.

  • Thanks 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
3,886
[WOLF1]
Beta Testers
13,274 posts
18,883 battles

Deleted. I am in a snarky mood. 

I understand you point of view but it is time to bring it back. Will see what camo it comes with. Maybe the original camo will still be unique.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
2,512
Members
2,270 posts
30,055 battles

Wouldn't a better 'old-timer' indicator be the PCEE025_Military_Month_Contributor_Flag.pngflag flying on the mast?

  • Cool 2
  • Thanks 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1,849
[WOLFC]
Members
3,412 posts
12,117 battles
11 minutes ago, AdmiralThunder said:

You have the shinier toy. 

But everyone else doesn’t know he has the shinier toy. :Smile_child:

Edited by Nevermore135

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Members
62 posts
191 battles

Who cares if you're happy or not? it was obvious that the Missouri would come back sooner or later, same can be said about the Kutuzov
(Don't see the Musashi coming back though, that thing is literally a Yamato at t9, and it's mega b$)

Edited by FinalAP_Ride

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Members
1,025 posts
18 minutes ago, CrazyHorse_Denver said:

There are a number of ways that WG could have brought back the Missouri making it distinctive from the original

One way that puzzles me -- because I know WG had to think of it -- was to create a new, highly detailed, special anniversary edition.  A completely new and separate ship that would get sales from the collectors who already have the original MO. 

Since they decided to monkey around with the one 'benny' of the MO, it leads to speculation that WG has something else in mind..

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
13,592
[PVE]
Members
14,750 posts
31,408 battles
4 minutes ago, CrazyHorse_Denver said:

The numbers really being insignificant I was never worried about them. Now the new numbers that will be coming in will be diluting my ships history.

WHY would you care about this so much? Seriously my friend I don't get it? If you are in game and see another Missouri are you really going to worry about when and how they got it? It doesn't matter and not only that but most likely when they see you in your Missouri they won't care less when or how you got it.

Missouri is still Missouri in all aspects minus the credit earnings so your ship is no different than theirs in all game play aspects. It's no different than someone getting Bourgogne today vs someone who got it the day it came out years ago. It doesn't matter.

It's a game and it's just pixels. Don't worry about such a small and inconsequential thing as when or how someone gets a ship. Just have fun and play the ones you have.

:Smile_honoring:

  • Cool 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Members
352 posts
729 battles

Just give the old owners a skin that paints the side of the ship. "I had this ship before it was changed" 

  • Cool 1
  • Funny 3

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Members
1,716 posts
18,740 battles
10 minutes ago, Lert said:

You know how you got yours. Other people don't give a crap how you got yours. Still not seeing the problem here. Never took you for someone who wanted to be seen as speshul for driving a ship.

I like your response because you haven't over reacted like some of the other respondents have... you got an up vote from me for that.

There's not really a problem... and it was never about me being seen as "speshul"... but the ship and the way it had to be earned was special. It's the loss of that special history of the ship in game that I morn.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Members
707 posts
4,566 battles

This is the most spoiled and entitled take I've ever read on this board. Just...wow, lol. 

 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
18,718
[ARGSY]
Members
25,699 posts
19,788 battles
2 minutes ago, CrazyHorse_Denver said:

but the ship and the way it had to be earned was special. It's the loss of that special history of the ship in game that I morn.

That ship sailed as soon as they put her in Christmas boxes.

I got my Musashi in the same way, but you won't find me whining and complaining if they decide to bring her back at some point.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

  • Recently Browsing   0 members

    No registered users viewing this page.

×