You need to play a total of 20 battles to post in this section.
LittleWhiteMouse

Asked & Answered Missouri Mission Questions:

137 comments in this topic

Retired WoWS Community Contributors
12,943 posts
11,264 battles

KHXhzVG.png

bwhQa3Z.png

If you have any related questions to the upcoming Missouri changes you want me to forward to the devs, please let me know.

Spoiler

Text version in case Imgur poops itself in the future:

AprilWhiteMouse on 2021.07.22 asked over the WG-CC Discord:

Let's do an example and get a clear answer with no ambiguity.  Here's the hypothetical scenario:  Missouri is being used to farm credits for a "Earn 50M credits" mission for a dockyard event.

Missouri plays very well in a Random Battle.  Said player has premium time and earns a cool 1,000,000 base credits (big round number!).  They were using the Ocean Soul camouflage (+20% credit earning) along with the following signals:

• Zulu (+20% credit earning)
  • Wyvern (+50% credit earning)
  • Scylla (+25% credit earning)
  • Basilisk (+30% credit earning)
  • Leviathan (+20% credit earning)

Under the current system, this would yield 2,650,000 credits (before expenses) for that one match and their progress on their "earn 50M credits" mission would read:  2,650,000 / 50,000,000.

Under the new system, the base earning value drops.  Instead of 1M base credits, we're looking at something closer to 800,000 credits for the same battle (the same as any other tier IX premium).  With all of the bonuses from signals and camouflage, our total is now 2,120,000 credits.  A difference of 530,000 credits.

BASED ON WHAT WE'RE BEING TOLD:

(a)  The difference in the base credit earning is 200,000 credits (in this example).  However, the mission will ALSO take into account all bonuses that would have been received by signals and camouflage, meaning the mission (in this example) would provide the full 530,000 credits at a minimum.  IS THIS CORRECT?
(b)  The mission bonus will also apply to our Dockyard task, meaning that under the new system the player will also have a minimum of 2,650,000 / 50,000,000 progress listed.  IS THIS CORRECT?

shonai on 2021.07.23 answered over the WG-CC Discord:

If player earns 2 650 000 credits with “old” Missouri, with mission we expect that number to be around 2 750 000 +- several thousands (but still at least 2 650 000)

So, directly answering your questions:
1.  Yes, player will earn not less than with the old built-in coefficient
2.  Yes, the progress of missions will also incorporate every credit earned. So, in such case it would be 2 750 000 / 50M

However, as the economics are quite complicated, we will carefully watch the outcome, and if there will be issues with these income, we'll take care of it

Edited by LittleWhiteMouse
  • Cool 4
  • Thanks 15
  • Boring 1

Members
1,024 posts

If its OK for me, or any other, Missouri owner to have a credit-making Missouri, new owners should be able to get it as well.    People shouldnt be treated as second class.

• Cool 14
  • Thanks 2
  • Boring 4
  • Meh 12

[GRETA]
Members
1,507 posts
11,690 battles

If you can't explain it to a five year old kid you are probably getting scammed.

Sorry but this is so unnecessarily complicated and convoluted there have to be some shenanigans going on.  If I owned an O.G. MO. I would be very concerned and irritated at this.  As for buying the new one, as much as I have wanted her I am still refusing to spend another red cent on this game until they fix the secondaries on my premium American BB's that they unnecessarily broke with the captain rework.   10.7 is a step in the right direction but I am still not satisfied. 

Edited by HallaSnackbar
  • Cool 10

[ARGSY]
Members
25,533 posts
19,680 battles
15 minutes ago, Farm_Fresh_Eggs said:

If its OK for me, or any other, Missouri owner to have a credit-making Missouri, new owners should be able to get it as well.    People shouldnt be treated as second class.

No, you were told why it wasn't coming back. WG has put it back on the table without the mega-boost to enable people who want it for the history or the radar to have it.

They have gone out of their way to ensure that previous owners are not disadvantaged.

Take it or leave it.

• Cool 8
  • Boring 3

Members
956 posts
220 battles
16 minutes ago, Farm_Fresh_Eggs said:

Please tell that to the people who missed out on the missions for the Military Flag.  It's not right WG gets to cherry pick what is brought back (or not).

image.thumb.png.5062b3990bbe9ca35d10bf38c8c14e2d.png

• Cool 5
  • Boring 2

[WOLFG]
Members
13,388 posts
12,784 battles
2 minutes ago, HallaSnackbar said:

If you can't explain it to a five year old kid you are probably getting scammed.

Sorry but this is so unnecessarily complicated and convoluted there have to be some shenanigans going on.  If I owned an O.G. MO. I would be very concerned and irritated at this.  As for buying the new one, as much as I have wanted her I am still refusing to spend another red cent on this game until they fix the secondaries on my premium American BB's that they unnecessarily broke with the captain rework.   10.7 is a step in the right direction but I am still not satisfied. 

I don't know.

It's not like they haven't pulled some fast ones, and it's not like they haven't goobered things up unintentionally.

• Cool 3

Members
1,024 posts
5 minutes ago, Ensign_Cthulhu said:

Take it or leave it.

I already have it.

8 minutes ago, Ensign_Cthulhu said:

They have gone out of their way to ensure that previous owners are not disadvantaged.

The only people being disadvantaged are those that arent allowed to have the credit-boosting version.   Whats wrong with newer folks having the same thing?   A newer player getting a credit-boosting MO isnt effecting your income one bit.    The only reason you could want a new player to have a lesser ship is because you're jealous. 

• Cool 5
  • Thanks 2
  • Boring 2
  • Meh 3

[SALVO]
Members
9,420 posts
6,928 battles

I'm still extremely skeptic this won't be used for a normalization of MO's income.

• Cool 3

[GOB]
Members
3,005 posts

@LittleWhiteMouse

So nice to see actual work being put into a attempt to explain this with all the Instant "Pros" just posting about this 5 minutes after it was launched and talking like they were insiders(with zero evidence to back it up )  and the rest of us were stupid to question about WGs broad statements.

We appreciate you!

• Cool 2
  • Meh 1

[WOLFG]
Members
13,388 posts
12,784 battles
5 minutes ago, ArIskandir said:

I'm still extremely skeptic this won't be used for a normalization of MO's income.

WG loves their normalization.

• Cool 1

[BWC]
Beta Testers
2,223 posts
8,556 battles
21 minutes ago, ArIskandir said:

It's alot easier to change or eliminate a Combat Mission down the road than change a Special ship characteristic ( from a player relations aspect at least ).

• Cool 1

[PVE]
Members
14,695 posts
31,240 battles
56 minutes ago, Farm_Fresh_Eggs said:

28 minutes ago, Farm_Fresh_Eggs said:

I already have it.

The only people being disadvantaged are those that arent allowed to have the credit-boosting version.   Whats wrong with newer folks having the same thing?   A newer player getting a credit-boosting MO isnt effecting your income one bit.    The only reason you could want a new player to have a lesser ship is because you're jealous. 

You are looking at this in the wrong way IMO. This isn't about anyone being 2nd class. For once actually WG is trying to do something right for ALL players.

1. Missouri was removed from general availability due to the credit earning being too high. It will never be returned with that credit printing press ever again to general availability. It was on the rare ship list for SC's and Santa crates but that is like hitting the lotto.
  2. LOTS of people wanted Missouri just to have Missouri.
  3. The only way Missouri was ever coming back to general availability (permanently or temp) is if the credit earnings were nerfed BUT doing that as a whole sale change screws current owners of the ship and that would not be fair.

So that is the quandary WG found itself in. They have a popular ship still in high demand they had pulled due to a busted mechanic. They couldn't change said busted mechanic to allow it's return without seriously ticking off a lot of players who already had it. The solution was/is simple.

• Bring the ship back but make it a regular earning Premium for all new owners. This allows the return of the ship for those who don't have it and want it.
  • Make it so those who already had the ship retain the unique credit earning boost so they don't have their ship lessened just so it can come back which is not fair to them.

This is literally a win win for everyone. People who missed out on it can get the ship (with slightly reduced earnings but still T9 levels), those with it already keep that awesome credit printing press, and WG gets some much needed + reputation points and will make some good $$$ off selling it. HOW is this a bad thing?

To be clear, I have NO issue with WG bringing it back with the full credit earning it has now. I am NOT one of those who whines and snivels because someone else got the same toy as me :Smile_child:. I couldn't care less who has what in this game. I think every ship should be available to every player (except Iwaki Alpha and Arkansas Beta which should only go to those testers - the rest for all).

I am not willing to have the ship I got lessened though just so a new player can get it. That isn't fair to me. A new player getting a ship doesn't make mine less than. Nerfing my ship so the new player can get it DOES lessen mine and wouldn't be right. It isn't my fault a new player wasn't here when it was available or that a player who was didn't get the ship. That it what it is. You need to be there and if so get it while available. If you miss out that sucks but :etc_swear: happens.

So WG is actually doing a good thing here. They found a way to bring it back so everyone wins (them too).  That would not happen if the credit boost remained and it would not be right if current owners had the ship nerfed so new ones could get it. They did the right and fair thing by doing it as they are. They make a LOT of bone head moves and screw a lot of stuff up. This isn't one of those times.

Edited by AdmiralThunder
  • Cool 12
  • Thanks 6

[4_0_4]
Members
314 posts
1,926 battles

I appreciate you getting answers on this, LWM, and I also thank Wargaming for making the correct answers.  Hopefully this sets folks who currently have Mizzou at ease.

[WDS]
[WDS]
Members
4,565 posts
12,999 battles

@LittleWhiteMouse 

Thanks for all your hard work greatly appreciated regardless of how I feel about the rerelease of the mighty MO . Your the best Miss Mouse .

12,943 posts
11,264 battles
2 minutes ago, rallybackmonkey said:

I appreciate you getting answers on this, LWM, and I also thank Wargaming for making the correct answers.  Hopefully this sets folks who currently have Mizzou at ease.

I let them know I appreciated them taking the time to provide a clear answer.  They're normally a bit shy of this kind of specificity.  Now we have to wait to see if it is indeed implemented as they say it will.

• Cool 4
  • Thanks 1

[PVE]
Members
14,695 posts
31,240 battles
24 minutes ago, Col_Nasty said:

@LittleWhiteMouse

So nice to see actual work being put into a attempt to explain this with all the Instant "Pros" just posting about this 5 minutes after it was launched and talking like they were insiders(with zero evidence to back it up )  and the rest of us were stupid to question about WGs broad statements.

We appreciate you!

Those "Pros" you mention were going by what WG specifically said/posted about it and they even quoted those comments so in fact they DID provide evidence. People "questioning" were the ones making claims with no evidence to back it up.

:Smile_glasses:

• Cool 1

[GWG]
Members
7,776 posts
14,921 battles

Missouri has a Credit Advantage...

Prinz Eugan has a Commander XP advantage..

Anshan has a Free-XP advantage.

The reason they pulled the Missouri was 'allegedly' due to a credit advantage.  Whoop Tee Dee!!   Is it like these credits are worth anything in the real world??
They are as useful in the game as Cmdr XP and Free XP.  so????  I'm not understanding the drama here.

Oh..  But it's a game - so let's create drama out of vapor.

I have the Missouri, and the Anshan, and the Prinz Eugan.  If there is a mission -- I use the right tool for the job.
Would I be ticked if they removed any of these three bonuses?  Of course!  You'd be stealing tools out of my truck.

But they understand this, so they created this noisy work-around which adds more drama to page 4 of the battle results.

This allows people to purchase a Missouri without the added Credit Bonus.   

I guess the Prinz Eugan and Anshan are next.

• Thanks 1

12,943 posts
11,264 battles
9 minutes ago, AVR_Project said:

Is it like these credits are worth anything in the real world??

They are.  Faster credit farming = time saved.  Time is precious.  People don't think about time nearly as much as they should.

• Cool 4

[WOLF1]
Beta Testers
13,216 posts
18,753 battles
1 hour ago, Farm_Fresh_Eggs said:

Why would you feel you are being treated second class? 

[ARGSY]
Members
25,533 posts
19,680 battles
9 minutes ago, LittleWhiteMouse said:

Time is precious. 

If I want something I don't have enough credits for, I grind the credits. I wait as long as it takes. Something that's time-critical and something that costs credits aren't a conjunction I've come across very often in this game.

• Boring 5

[GWG]
Members
7,776 posts
14,921 battles
3 minutes ago, LittleWhiteMouse said:

They are.  Faster credit farming = time saved.  Time is precious.  People don't think about time nearly as much as they should.

This is true, and I'm not complaining about WG doing whatever they do.
But this 'time saving' you mention is for specific missions since we can always do the usual fall-back and sell a few ships to make up for credits we need right away.
Indeed, we use the Missouri to run these Credit Missions.  But we also use the Atlanta to do the 'Main Battery Hit' missions...   Use the right tool for the job.

I look at the salt this subject is bringing up.  Fact is that I spent cash back when the Missouri was released since there we didn't even have Dragon Flags back then to make 750K FXP.
I am hearing it was a major selling point from  those non-history / non-collector competitive types.  Nowadays, we have Free XP Inflation.  It'd be selling for 2M FXP as an equivalent, 4M with the credit bonus.

From what I gather, WG wants two things:  Our Money, and our time (to populate the game).
I think they are losing focus on that.  I see these distractions as hurtful, not helpful.

I'm glad they are not offending the 'Elder Core' of folks like me who have been with this game for 5 years or more.  I also wouldn't be offended to see the Missouri offered in either form.  It makes no difference to me.

But if I'm talking  someone into joining this game, and I have to say, "Sorry, you can't get that for any price"...   That's going to be a downer.

• Cool 1

12,943 posts
11,264 battles
6 minutes ago, Ensign_Cthulhu said:

If I want something I don't have enough credits for, I grind the credits. I wait as long as it takes. Something that's time-critical and something that costs credits aren't a conjunction I've come across very often in this game.

You have a combination of (a) more free time on your hands than many (b) more devotion to the game content than many.  Unfortunately, that's nowhere near a universal experience and time pressures and constraints are a very real and very aggressively monetized system in Wargaming's IPs.  It is not something that should be dismissed or even taken lightly by the community.  You might not be at risk, but there are many others that are and we should look out for one another.  Wargaming certainly won't.

• Cool 7
  • Thanks 1

[-AF-]
Beta Testers
940 posts
11,803 battles
38 minutes ago, AVR_Project said:

Missouri has a Credit Advantage...

Prinz Eugan has a Commander XP advantage..

Anshan has a Free-XP advantage.

The reason they pulled the Missouri was 'allegedly' due to a credit advantage.  Whoop Tee Dee!!   Is it like these credits are worth anything in the real world??
They are as useful in the game as Cmdr XP and Free XP.  so????  I'm not understanding the drama here.

Oh..  But it's a game - so let's create drama out of vapor.

I have the Missouri, and the Anshan, and the Prinz Eugan.  If there is a mission -- I use the right tool for the job.
Would I be ticked if they removed any of these three bonuses?  Of course!  You'd be stealing tools out of my truck.

But they understand this, so they created this noisy work-around which adds more drama to page 4 of the battle results.

This allows people to purchase a Missouri without the added Credit Bonus.   

I guess the Prinz Eugan and Anshan are next.

Didn't know this about the Anshan.  It's not gotten a lot of reps since it dropped in a box or mission sometime ago but now, it's going to be quite the useful tool!   Thanks for mentioning it!
 Guess I should have looked at it closer but DDs aren't usually my thing.

[ARGSY]
Members
25,533 posts
19,680 battles
4 minutes ago, LittleWhiteMouse said:

You have a combination of (a) more free time on your hands than many (b) more devotion to the game content than many. 

Real life constrains my playing of this game more than you might give it credit for. I have bursts of a week or so every now and then where I can stream/play for four or five hours every night, but full-time work and family responsibilities, not to mention other hobbies, often leave me playing less per day than I would otherwise like. 

Point B is a fair call, but I'd still say it pales in comparison to a lot of community contributors.

• Boring 1