Jump to content
Sign in to follow this  
You need to play a total of 20 battles to post in this section.
Efros

Paper Russian CV... Plane...

14 comments in this topic

Recommended Posts

5,325
[KWF]
Members
6,769 posts
7,711 battles

Man, I really love ekranoplans. 

Something about the strangeness, something about the madness strikes a chord in me.

 

For anyone wondering what on earth this stuff is, just look up ground effect vehicles.

Edited by warheart1992

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
7,038
Members
34,409 posts
10,768 battles
1 hour ago, Efros said:

Heh, it's a Photoshop job. The wings and horizontal stabilisers are those of an F-14....

Not only that, you can't run an Ekranoplan in the ocean, you need smoother water. And any areas where you have appropriate surface conditions, is well within range of land-based aircraft.

Nobody's building that lol.

  • Cool 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
10,451
[SALVO]
Members
15,637 posts
9,773 battles
35 minutes ago, Laser_Beam said:

image.png.5440792bf0432efb8fb9e1ddec0576fa.png

Hey look, Viagra works in Zero G too..

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1,653
[CO-OP]
Members
3,591 posts
36,434 battles
2 hours ago, Skpstr said:

Heh, it's a Photoshop job. The wings and horizontal stabilisers are those of an F-14....

Not only that, you can't run an Ekranoplan in the ocean, you need smoother water. And any areas where you have appropriate surface conditions, is well within range of land-based aircraft.

Nobody's building that lol.

Nobody said anyone was building it, it was, however, not in this form, submitted as a potential design to the Russian Navy by Robert Bartini. I would also point out that the post was tagged as humor.

https://iopscience.iop.org/article/10.1088/1757-899X/245/4/042007/pdf

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
10,451
[SALVO]
Members
15,637 posts
9,773 battles
7 minutes ago, Efros said:

Nobody said anyone was building it, it was, however, not in this form, submitted as a potential design to the Russian Navy by Robert Bartini. I would also point out that the post was tagged as humor.

Evidently it was humor... just imagine operating helos from that thing... lol

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
7,038
Members
34,409 posts
10,768 battles
2 hours ago, Efros said:

 I would also point out that the post was tagged as humor.

Ah ok, I missed that.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
6,884
[WOLFG]
Members
16,769 posts
19,372 battles
4 hours ago, ArIskandir said:

Hey look, Viagra works in Zero G too..

See I'm not the only one with his mind in the gutter.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
10,451
[SALVO]
Members
15,637 posts
9,773 battles
Just now, DrHolmes52 said:

See I'm not the only one with his mind in the gutter.

On the positive side, it means we still keep a juvenile spirit! ... What's my age again?

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Guest
This topic is now closed to further replies.
Sign in to follow this  

  • Recently Browsing   0 members

    No registered users viewing this page.

×