You need to play a total of 20 battles to post in this section.
WoWsNewsBot

The Fourth Brawl

20 comments in this topic

[WPORT]
Members
11,541 posts
15,861 battles
14 minutes ago, WoWsNewsBot said:

Team up with friends to fight for Credits, Coal, Elite Commander XP, and signals!

Read it on the portal

Looking forward to it.
Tagged for @FurphyForum

[SOFOP]
Members
2,574 posts
16,194 battles

Could be interesting, and it could be a nightmare depending on what comp you are fighting against.  A BB/CV/X team against a team without a CV could be brutal.  Then again it is T6, which doesn't have all that great of CVs.

[TOG]
Members
4,589 posts
29,050 battles

This is not a random or even clan battles. A CV won't have the dpm of BB. A BB/CA/DD tm would trash the CA/DD and then cap. the best the CV can do would be to farm the BB. If the BB is an Ise then the BB can retaliate in kind.

Dream tm:

Ise/ Graf Spree/ T-61

Edited by Bill_Halsey
  • Cool 1

[O_O]
[O_O]
Members
5,781 posts
24,954 battles

Two Brothers in Epicenter mode?!? I might have to give Brawl a shot just to see that map/mode combo...

[TOG]
Members
4,589 posts
29,050 battles
31 minutes ago, Khafni said:

Two Brothers in Epicenter mode?!? I might have to give Brawl a shot just to see that map/mode combo...

We had it last brawl. You either go Mexican standoff and see who moves first or you do an end run on the outher ring.

Edited by Bill_Halsey
  • Funny 1

[O_O]
[O_O]
Members
5,781 posts
24,954 battles
14 minutes ago, Bill_Halsey said:

We had it last brawl. You either go Mexican standoff and see who moves first or you do an end run on the outher ring.

I've never bothered with Brawl and this is the first time I noticed the maps. Sounds like an interesting fight on this map.

[WOLF5]
Members
1,683 posts
12,133 battles
1 hour ago, Bill_Halsey said:

This is not a random or even clan battles. A CV won't have the dpm of BB. A BB/CA/DD tm would trash the CA/DD and then cap. the best the CV can do would be to farm the BB. If the BB is an Ise then the BB can retaliate in kind.

Dream tm:

Ise/ Graf Spree/ T-61

Interesting as I was coming up with the same team!

[TOG]
Members
4,589 posts
29,050 battles
23 minutes ago, Khafni said:

I've never bothered with Brawl and this is the first time I noticed the maps. Sounds like an interesting fight on this map.

I'm not a fan of it. It's either wait 10 minutes staring like a cat at a crack under the door then go nuts in the last 3 minutes. The other way is that one for our tm cracks under the pressure and goes Yolo and dies. Losing the game. 

• Funny 1

[TOG]
Members
4,589 posts
29,050 battles
1 minute ago, DJC_499 said:

Interesting as I was coming up with the same team!

To quote W.E.B Griffith: "Great minds think alike."

• Thanks 1

[TRW]
Members
83 posts
18,387 battles

Actually at T6, for CL the new dutch cruiser might be an interesting option.  If it is a standoff it could use the airstrike.  On open water torps shouldn't matter at distance and the dutch HE/AP has a good punch.

The UK London would be a good option is you wanted heal + smoke.

The PA Huanghe would also be good options along with the CW Perth for rolling smoke and heaving hitting HE with decent torps + sonar - heck I might just play my Mysore for insanity!!!

Members
553 posts

Graf Spee seems to be a very strong contender. It has BB guns and torps and can delete most cruisers easily.

As for BB (excluding ISE since I don't have it)  what would be a good BB for this from the following choices
P.E Friedrich
Bayern
Fuso
Andrea Doria
New Mexico
Warspite
Izmail
Normandy

I think the German BBs have the best brawling armour layout... not sure as I rarely play tier 6

[H-WS]
Members
446 posts
6,255 battles

Two Brothers with CVs would be very interesting...

[-N-]
Beta Testers
270 posts
7,014 battles

Reduce the number of wins required for the missions. I think I played 30 games last week and only managed to get 60% of the missions don...

The problem is that you need wins in all those games which makes it frustrating when you got bad teammates.

• Cool 2

[TOG]
Members
4,589 posts
29,050 battles
17 hours ago, Stampineer said:

Actually at T6, for CL the new dutch cruiser might be an interesting option.  If it is a standoff it could use the airstrike.  On open water torps shouldn't matter at distance and the dutch HE/AP has a good punch.

The UK London would be a good option is you wanted heal + smoke.

The PA Huanghe would also be good options along with the CW Perth for rolling smoke and heaving hitting HE with decent torps + sonar - heck I might just play my Mysore for insanity!!!

One problem with that. The airstrike doesn't spot ships so someone else wil have to spot. The Kikjun's airstrike range is .1 km shorter than it's vdetection range. you'd be spotted at the same time you launch your air strike. 

[DDDDC]
Members
132 posts
709 battles

From the Portal and the in-game description...

"Players are matched based on their skill level "

OK. So what skills exactly are you matching?  Because I just had a terrible loss due to my two team mates being potatoes. I checked their profiles and one was hidden and the other was a sub-48% WR with 67% of the damage I do, 65% of the XP I do and I had more kills in my 500 games then they had in their 1500.

That's matching skill levels?

Or by matching skill levels, does that mean only that the other team gets an equal amount of potato salad?  Just checked.  Out of the 6 total players (myself included) 3 were under 48%, one was 49 and myself at 61'ish.

This is just a 6 person version of Random with some strange map arrangements.  Oh and you can have lopsided CV games.

People have been asking for skill based MM since launch. I knew I should have never trusted what the portal said - WG makes too much money off casual players to create a skill based mode.

Members
3 posts
440 battles

well gave it a shot. One and done. If you're going  to give one side a CV to perma spot the other side, it's not worth loading in. Our DD got both caps and then we were deleted one by one.  back to the "sanity" of randoms.

cv brawl.jpg