You need to play a total of 20 battles to post in this section.
DevilD0g

rockets need to be changed back

97 comments in this topic

[D-DAY]
Members
7,553 posts

No they don't. There have been examples on the forum where it is obvious that some CV do not even need to use them on DDs and can still perform as well as they usually do.

Do some CVs need to be reviewed because of the change, yes, if they have been adversely affected - but does it need to go back to the 'Fish in a barrel' DD/Rocket interaction....no it does not. :Smile_honoring:

• Cool 4
  • Meh 1

Members
1,201 posts
3,483 battles

They are a [edited] to aim but if you get a slow witted or distracted DD they do a lot of damage. Mind you if the DD has half a brain it's very difficult to hit..

• Thanks 1

[PROJX]
Beta Testers
1,735 posts
6,572 battles
3 hours ago, DevilD0g said:

Leading a destroyer a ship and a half to two lengths to attack is not ideal .

What a nightmare. Imagine LEADING and using BRAINPOWER to hit a target. 

...Nobody tell him that surface artillery exists. 

• Cool 3
  • Thanks 8
  • Boring 1
  • Meh 1

Members
873 posts
14,547 battles

I don't see how the removal of the free ride many CV players were enjoying is being called a nerf rather than a fix. I suggest going into the training room and practice aiming. Play other ship types to learn how to play effectively against them. I've heard these two things help tremendously.  

• Cool 6
  • Boring 1

[MOD]
Members
50 posts
6,599 battles
33 minutes ago, PotatoMD said:

What a nightmare. Imagine LEADING and using BRAINPOWER to hit a target. 

...Nobody tell him that surface artillery exists. 

It's not the lead, it's that the machine gun fire tells your opponent where the rockets will land well before the rockets even fire. Does surface artillery show your opponent the dispersion ellipse 5+ seconds before landing?

• Cool 1

[PROJX]
Beta Testers
1,735 posts
6,572 battles
9 minutes ago, DragonPup said:

It's not the lead, it's that the machine gun fire tells your opponent where the rockets will land well before the rockets even fire. Does surface artillery show your opponent the dispersion ellipse 5+ seconds before landing?

By the time the strafe shows exactly where the rockets are going, it's far too late to dodge. 

And it doesn't take a super-unicum to know to not be in a straight course when being shot at by battleships. 

[Y0L0K]
Members
374 posts
24,737 battles

Instead of locking the aimpoint they should have simply made changing the aimpoint flare up with changes.  The same metric as before just nerf changing the aimpoint at the last seconds.  The current "fix" just dumbs down the game further while not improving anything.

Members
968 posts
221 battles
4 hours ago, DevilD0g said:

The rocket changes need to be put back.  From the moment you click to where you think they may be, a destroyer at speed can travel 750m to a kilometre and thats a ship with the fastest rudder shift in the game.

What's the speed in Knots?  Planes will always be the fastest. 

if destroyers continue to drive in a straight line and get hit then its not the carriers fault

What??!?!?!  Who pulled the trigger?  Only the guy with the gun can be blamed for shooting someone.

and carrier players and their planes should not be penalised for the lack of evasion of destroyers when being attacked.

Quite the opposite.  Ships get XP and credits for actions that influence a win.

its a nerf and a penalty. it needs to be changed back.  I have tried this new system and im more of the belief its more luck than skill if you actually hit a destroyer now. 

Players have been complaining about the ability to shoot down planes is 100% RNG.  Until AA is manual, please SHHHH about how CVs can aim, and AA has no aim.

Leading a destroyer a ship and a half to two lengths to attack is not ideal . 

Shooting stationary ships is always easier.  Work for your XP and damage.

Bomb drops on a DD are not always successful because, yes they have the fastest rudder shift in the game.

Can fly planes at 100knots across the map, can choose 3 ammo types on planes.  Still not happy - lol

its gotten to the point where i really dont use them anymore

I don't use ships with SAP.  I'm not complaining about not using 1 ammo type.

and they sit on the deck till im out of planes. 

This can only be your problem if you have a tool available and choose not to use it

That shouldnt be the case as all your weapons should be able to be used.

Press 1 in a CV to choose rockets.  Fixed it

I watched a video of an excellent carrier player Toptier

I am a sheep and must do as I saw on Youtube

recently and he virtually said the same, he leaves rocket planes on the deck for japanese or american planes now. 

The 4 second delay is to long. 

Aim better

After the second click and the machine guns its to long to time on target for rockets and thats if  you have "guessed" correctly where they may be not factoring in them slowing turning etc.

its a real skill to do it, not just point and shoot...

...like it used to be.

like a bb with your seconds inflight shot already calulated for  you.  its a penalty and a nerf and it needs to be removed

Play another ship

• Thanks 4
  • Meh 5

[BEA5T]
Members
6,803 posts
34,337 battles

NO.   The "free ride" is almost over.  Missiles will finally close the Carrier bonanza for good; even if our host screws up missiles......  About time.  We lost sooooooo many friends at Update 8.0.  It's about time !  Balanced Carriers - sure, they were part of the TO&E in that era.   At least, these recent changes make the effort to add some "skill" to the mechanics....  And, really, with subs adding to the mix, it won't matter anyway because of the absolute confusion the subs will add to an already un-balanced small map, time compressed battlespace......  COOP full time again when that happens....!

• Cool 4
  • Meh 1

[MOD]
Members
50 posts
6,599 battles
Just now, PotatoMD said:

By the time the strafe shows exactly where the rockets are going, it's far too late to dodge. 

If you are unable to get our of the path, you just point your bow into it and take maybe 1 or 2 rockets. You already know the angle of the attack. Easy peasy. 

[PROJX]
Beta Testers
1,735 posts
6,572 battles
1 minute ago, DragonPup said:

If you are unable to get our of the path, you just point your bow into it and take maybe 1 or 2 rockets. You already know the angle of the attack. Easy peasy. 

Yes, that's what they call "counterplay," and it's usually something that's good for the game.

[MOD]
Members
50 posts
6,599 battles
1 minute ago, PotatoMD said:

Yes, that's what they call "counterplay," and it's usually something that's good for the game.

Cool, then we need the UI to mark where incoming shell areas are so we can properly have 'counterplay' to them.

[PROJX]
Beta Testers
1,735 posts
6,572 battles
Just now, DragonPup said:

Cool, then we need the UI to mark where incoming shell areas are so we can properly have 'counterplay' to them.

Sure, if gun turrets can detach from my ship and fly around at 180+ knots while spotting. 

• Cool 2

Members
732 posts
998 battles
9 minutes ago, PotatoMD said:

And it doesn't take a super-unicum to know to not be in a straight course when being shot at by battleships. 

This has been proven untrue love on another topic that was tested. Certain CVs have different Rocket Speeds as well and some DDs depending on their speed can go in a straight line and still dodge. Perfect example was the Kaga, her rockets would literally at another 2-3 seconds after being fired to hit the spot. So you do have a high room of error sadly. I'm all for giving DDs a chance but at this point it's no different from me just going on the mic and go "Hey I'm about to hit you with rockets" 

• Cool 3
  • Boring 1

Members
229 posts
71 battles

I'm never using my rockets ever again because they are useless!!!!     :Smile_izmena:

Rofl

Imagine if a New Mex player (for example) complained about the HE shell option.  E.g. Buff my HE or I will only ever use AP in every match!!!!!  Would anyone care? 

Should anyone care (maybe the team will) if the OP (or others) choose not to use rocket planes?   :Smile_unsure:

• Cool 1

[PROJX]
Beta Testers
1,735 posts
6,572 battles
1 minute ago, Shomaruki said:

This has been proven untrue love on another topic that was tested. Certain CVs have different Rocket Speeds as well and some DDs depending on their speed can go in a straight line and still dodge. Perfect example was the Kaga, her rockets would literally at another 2-3 seconds after being fired to hit the spot. So you do have a high room of error sadly. I'm all for giving DDs a chance but at this point it's no different from me just going on the mic and go "Hey I'm about to hit you with rockets" 

Sounds more like Kaga is an exception. 

I don't know why Kaga rockets are so slow, but most other CVs have less than a second of flight time for their rockets. 

• Cool 1

Members
968 posts
221 battles
6 minutes ago, DragonPup said:

Well the target ship has a nice stream of smoke, that shows how fast the ship is going.  Use this (speed) + distance + direction + shell travel time to lead a shot.  

If the target is smart, it will take a WASD when the muzzle(?) flash is seen for the change of direction (and/or speed) for the shells to miss.  A 'hit' location marker would be too easy when the tools are already available.   

Members
732 posts
998 battles
4 minutes ago, PotatoMD said:

Sounds more like Kaga is an exception. 

I don't know why Kaga rockets are so slow, but most other CVs have less than a second of flight time for their rockets. 

But if you are familiar with each CV I found that the easiest method to dodge the rockets is to turn into the planes the moment you see the machineguns. (If they are coming at you from the sides) Almost all the rockets I've seen from the testing don't go below the reticle. Just just have to literally "Look" at the points when they come towards you and you can basically "feel" that moment they are about to fire just from the distance. Trial and Error you can evade without too much effort. I just feel like DDs before to change were complaining because they got that tiny red symbol a plane was near but didn't pay it any attention just before a barrage of rockets hit them.  

• Cool 2