Sign in to follow this  
You need to play a total of 20 battles to post in this section.

3 comments in this topic

Members
16 posts
1,383 battles

it would be very fun, if we can fly our clan flags, it would also be very nice of WG if we are allowed to design our clan flags ourselves, and especially nice if the ability to do it was ingame.

the next part of my idea has very mixed reception, but i want to add it anyway since it can also be fun.

allow the clan flags in match to have 2 purposes:

(1) a specific bonus that the clan flag designer selected, mostly as small stat boosts, such as slightly better range, or slightly reduced dispersion, or slightly increased concealment, and so on.

(2) allow those clan flags flying, in match, to be shot and burned away, stopping the flag bonus in match. when the match is over you still have your clan flag to fly in the next match.

i would at least like to have the clan flags, even if it meant we cant have these fun bonuses, but i think WG should give the flag bonuses a good try, along with being able to burn them inmatch.

[TFLT]
[TFLT]
Beta Testers, In AlfaTesters
821 posts

Haven't seen one of these threads in ages.  While it would be nice, WG has never been very receptive to it.  As a consolation prize you'll be getting subs real soon.

[UNHLY]
Members
5,347 posts
14,845 battles

There’s always going to be one big issue with letting players design their own clan flags (unless it’s only from set available elements a la the patch elements, and/or approved by WG), and one of the major reasons WG wouldn’t allow full customization outside your own UI. Give players the ability to create a fully custom image that displays to everyone in game, and within seconds of going live you’ll have a certain *ahem* Dr.-Evil‘s-Rocket shaped image showing up on your screen.

If WG lets us create some sort of server-facing flag or patch for a clan, there’s absolutely no way they’d allow them to have combat stat influences. The best we’d get is something economic, but we already have those coming from the clan base. Letting them get burned away could be an interesting visual idea, but you’d then have to go and add a hit box for that flag on all 486+ ships (and that’s just the released ones in the live game as of this patch) that only enables an optional cosmetic change with no combat connection.

Some sort of clan-wide visual identification (clan flag, clan patch, etc) beyond asking your players to use a certain one of the in-game options could be an interesting idea. But there would have to be some strict rules on what it entails and would require a lot of work for something purely cosmetic that has no practical monetization path. 

Sign in to follow this