Sign in to follow this  
You need to play a total of 20 battles to post in this section.
Mad_Dog_Magoo

Port building accuracy

10 comments in this topic

[A-D-F]
Members
135 posts
25,088 battles

One of the things i really like about wows is when the game team designs a new harbor the buildings depicted are correct and accurately placed. The new port of Rotterdam is no exception. (except for one small problem) there is one building i am having trouble identifying. with the port of Rotterdam selected there is a square white building that is prominate. it is called the Witte Huis (the white house).look directly at the white house.(put it in the center of your screen. the gray building behind the white house and slightly to the right is the Laurenskerk catholic church. now look directly off the port beam of your ship. look slightly to the right and in the distance you will see what appears to be a church spire. i have a google sattelite map of Rotterdam but i am not able to find this building. is any one familiar with Rotterdam that could identify it for me. thanks.

[WOLF5]
Supertester
5,236 posts
4,363 battles

Seems like a question for @Lert

[HINON]
Alpha Tester
26,265 posts
22,545 battles

I'unno

• Cool 1

Members
127 posts
3,701 battles
4 hours ago, Mad_Dog_Magoo said:

One of the things i really like about wows is when the game team designs a new harbor the buildings depicted are correct and accurately placed. The new port of Rotterdam is no exception. (except for one small problem) there is one building i am having trouble identifying. with the port of Rotterdam selected there is a square white building that is prominate. it is called the Witte Huis (the white house).look directly at the white house.(put it in the center of your screen. the gray building behind the white house and slightly to the right is the Laurenskerk catholic church. now look directly off the port beam of your ship. look slightly to the right and in the distance you will see what appears to be a church spire. i have a google sattelite map of Rotterdam but i am not able to find this building. is any one familiar with Rotterdam that could identify it for me. thanks.

I was asking myself the same question and did the same google maps thing and couldn't identify that part of the city either, this is gonna bug me now:Smile-angry:.

Members
697 posts
8,735 battles

I just wish we had a true free camera in the ports, so we can view the entire port. Seems like several areas, are basically wasted, because we can't see them very well.  Plus I'd like to be able to zoom in better on certain parts of ships. I don't care how bad it may or may not look lol.

[SALVO]
Members
9,514 posts
6,975 battles

If it helps you sleep, you can assume that church spire was destroyed during WW2 bomb raids and wasn't rebuilt. 

[HINON]
Alpha Tester
26,265 posts
22,545 battles
1 hour ago, Valas1 said:

I just wish we had a true free camera in the ports, so we can view the entire port.

I doubt the backs of buildings are even rendered, or the ground between buildings you can't see from the normal view. Probably the only things that are modeled / textured in these ports are the building facades you can see.

Members
127 posts
3,701 battles
2 hours ago, ArIskandir said:

If it helps you sleep, you can assume that church spire was destroyed during WW2 bomb raids and wasn't rebuilt. 

I was thinking this too, there just doesn't seem to be any buildings like that in that area of the city but there are quite a few educational buildings so maybe it was torn down to make room for the new ones, possibility?

[SALVO]
Members
9,514 posts
6,975 battles
2 minutes ago, Acme1970 said:

I was thinking this too, there just doesn't seem to be any buildings like that in that area of the city but there are quite a few educational buildings so maybe it was torn down to make room for the new ones, possibility?

Indeed it is possible. In the end it is reduced to settling with the explanation you are most comfortable with.

[CO-OP]
Members
2,721 posts
30,135 battles

2 hours ago, Valas1 said:

I just wish we had a true free camera in the ports, so we can view the entire port. Seems like several areas, are basically wasted, because we can't see them very well.  Plus I'd like to be able to zoom in better on certain parts of ships. I don't care how bad it may or may not look lol.

isn't there a free camera in Aslains for use in the port?

Sign in to follow this