You need to play a total of 20 battles to post in this section.
TheLucinator

Don't Re-sell the Missouri; sell the New Jersey/Wisconsin instead

20 comments in this topic

[NGA-A]
[NGA-A]
Alpha Tester
213 posts
10,293 battles

I think the idea of re selling the Missouri is a big mistake.  Having to add a coded mission for the ship for those that own it is unfair since I suspect wargaming will annul in a few patches it and shaft current owners.  There is a better option, sell either a New Jersey or Wisconsin, both are storied ships and would solve the whole credit modifier issue.  Plus those ships need a little more love anyway

• Cool 4
  • Boring 1
  • Meh 3

[WOLF5]
Supertester
5,236 posts
4,363 battles

Why not sell all four Iowas? Everyone's happy then.

• Cool 1

[ARS]
Beta Testers
6,764 posts
6,914 battles
33 minutes ago, TheLucinator said:

since I suspect wargaming will annul in a few patches it and shaft current owners

If they wanted to do that there is nothing stopping them from doing it to the Missouri as it exists in the game now.  WG has full control over the codebase of the game.  That is a manufactured concern.

[WOLFC]
Members
3,407 posts
12,113 battles

The first and only time WG ever explicitly defined a policy for nerfing non-tech tree ships was in the aftermath of the GC-rebalance attempt. This policy is to not directly nerf “premium” ships that were available directly for doubloons or sold for cash in the premium shop. Flint recently received an ROF nerf, establishing precedent for WG to nerf premiums that do not fit this very specific description. Other ships that fit in this category: Musashi, Benham, Kronshtadt, and… Missouri.

That being said, WG has decided to make the ship on which the Japanese formally surrendered and ended WWII, the most destructive conflict in human history, available once again for the majority of the player base with her problematic economy adjusted (so her battle performance isn’t even being affected). They also decided to provide a permanent mission to those who already have the ship to effectively make up the difference in credit earning.

So, two things:

1) WG did not have to provide any compensation at all for changes to MO, per the precedent set when Flint was directly nerfed. WG is throwing current owners of the ship a bone here.

2) WG has explicitly stated this mission will be permanent. If WG somewhere along the line decides to remove this mission, they should certainly be held accountable for lying to the player base in a very blatant way and I will join the group of players who decry such a decision. But WG has not done so. Let’s put away the pitchforks for now.

Edited by Nevermore135

[TYPH]
Members
11 posts
4,340 battles

I agree strongly with the initial post.  Why not avoid the confusion of "old Missouri" and "new Missouri".

Plus, if you leave "old Missouri" as one of the 200 ships you can possibly win in a container, you'll get more people buying those containers, even if their chances are infinitesimal.   Once Missouri becomes a generic Tier IX premium, that incentive goes away.

[VORTX]
Members
715 posts
9,120 battles

Mo’s gonna bring the cash. Iowa might be a better ship but Mo is so rare and fabled it will sell like hot cakes even with the silver nerf for new owners. Probably even more than the JB black. 

[WOLFC]
Members
3,407 posts
12,113 battles
54 minutes ago, AJTP89 said:

It might eventually happen. In true WG fashion I can see each of them having a shiny gimmick to make them “unique.”

Iowa has the better heal.

Missouri has radar.

The obvious remaining choices would be DFAA and speed boost for the other two in place of the aircraft catapult. New Jersey will get an expensive black lacquer camo with dragon motifs, while Wisconsin could have an over-the-top camo to bump her credit earnings up to original MO levels, complete with a giant block of cheese mounted at the peak of her superstructure. :Smile_hiding:

• Cool 1

Supertester
4,268 posts
4,646 battles

Fairly sure lots of people would want missouri because she's called missouri, they wouldn't care if NJ or Whisky were identical.

• Boring 1

[PVE]
Members
11,204 posts
19,830 battles

I got mine the day it came out and I don't begrudge anyone who gets the new one, It is quite historical after all. I have been playing it in Coop for LWM's data collection and it seems to perform quite well still. First or second place always, so far. Unfortunately it will probably be big bucks and without the baked in credit performance.

[O_O]
Members
7,168 posts
18,054 battles

I spent my (back in the day) very hard-earned 750k Free XP for Missouri.

I should get AND KEEP the package as advertised then, which includes her credit earning bonus.  Kudos to WG for granting that with the 'permanent mission for credits'.

However, my home state ship, Missouri, certainly has historical appeal as the Japanese surrender was signed on her decks.  I believe ALL historically significant ships should be available to the masses and should not be restricted behind some [edited] "once available premium" barrier.  So, I am glad to see WG's solution to the issue.  And, no, I don't need some special tag honoring me as an owner of an "original" Mighty Mo.  Just give me what I bought when I bought it, and I'll be fine.

And congrats to the soon-to-be new Mighty Mo owners!  :Smile_honoring:

[TFLT]
[TFLT]
Beta Testers, In AlfaTesters
821 posts

I really hope ppl don't fall all over themselves spending their money on the Mo.  You won't be getting the credit buff and it's just not that great a BB.  There are better T9's for the money.  I know it's hard, but try to ignore the hype.

[NGA-A]
[NGA-A]
Alpha Tester
213 posts
10,293 battles
1 hour ago, Viper069 said:

I really hope ppl don't fall all over themselves spending their money on the Mo.  You won't be getting the credit buff and it's just not that great a BB.  There are better T9's for the money.  I know it's hard, but try to ignore the hype.

The Mo's a fine ship if you play her right.  Shes got good accuracy and no she does not have a nerf'd heal.

[Y0L0]
Members
628 posts
26,779 battles
5 hours ago, Nevermore135 said:

2) WG has explicitly stated this mission will be permanent. If WG somewhere along the line decides to remove this mission, they should certainly be held accountable for lying to the player base in a very blatant way and I will join the group of players who decry such a decision. But WG has not done so. Let’s put away the pitchforks for now. 

WG already lied when they suddenly said Missouri will no longer be available.

WG has explicitly said many things over the years that didn't end up meaning anything. They have zero credibility now.

• Boring 1

[WOLFC]
Members
3,407 posts
12,113 battles
1 hour ago, BarnacleCollector said:

WG already lied when they suddenly said Missouri will no longer be available.

From the 0.7.2 patch notes:

“When Update 0.7.2 goes live, Missouri will become unavailable for purchase for an undefined period. We added Musashi that can be obtained with Free XP - two ships in this niche are too many at the moment.”

This has been the case with all ships that have been removed from availability in such a manner. This is just simply the first case of such a ship returning unless you count Jean Bart Black or the brief return of Konig Albert in last year’s summer sale. This actually might be a very similar case to the latter if MO is only available briefly for the upcoming event, as the language of the announcement suggests might be the case.

[PVE]
Members
9,067 posts
25,439 battles
8 hours ago, becalmed said:

What the heck...this was the OP's OP I originally quoted here. Not sure what happened there  @TheLucinator Guess all I can do is tag him in now...but w/out the quote for context... darn it.

You're only looking at this from the US market...

"The Missouri" (not one of her sister ships) is world renown as "The" ship "The War" ended on...

For every nation.

8 hours ago, Nevermore135 said:

Oops..quoted wrong comment

8 hours ago, becalmed said:

I agree strongly with the initial post.  Why not avoid the confusion of "old Missouri" and "new Missouri".

Plus, if you leave "old Missouri" as one of the 200 ships you can possibly win in a container, you'll get more people buying those containers, even if their chances are infinitesimal.   Once Missouri becomes a generic Tier IX premium, that incentive goes away.

Or...they can make the "new Missouri" the short list ship in the expensive Santa crates...

That'll generate some sales.

5 hours ago, desmo_2 said:

I believe ALL historically significant ships should be available to the masses and should not be restricted behind some [edited] "once available premium" barrier.

But only Missouri can have that "Unique" significance...

But all the other ships are also "historically significant" (THG: "It's history...that deserves to be remembered").

The "Show Me" state (was it known as the Show Me state back then?)...aka: "Show Me your Surrender"...sorry...I'll see myself out.

1 hour ago, Nevermore135 said:

From the 0.7.2 patch notes:

“When Update 0.7.2 goes live, Missouri will become unavailable for purchase for an undefined period. We added Musashi that can be obtained with Free XP - two ships in this niche are too many at the moment.”

I think the "lie" he was referring to occured before that...when they originally said Mo would always be available for 750k FXP...

Sorry...don't have original article handy to quote for reference. 

Edited by IfYouSeeKhaos

[VVV]
Members
2,988 posts
5,065 battles
23 hours ago, Nevermore135 said:

Flint recently received an ROF nerf

It did?:Smile_amazed: That's insane given that Flint was rendered pretty terrible by the commander skill rework. What was WG thinking that it would need nerfs?

23 hours ago, AJTP89 said:

New Jersey in particular saw the most combat of any of the Iowas and thus it would be cool to see her in WOWS in some form. But I'm fine with letting new players get Missouri rather than adding a 3rd Iowa.

[WOLFC]
Members
3,407 posts
12,113 battles
41 minutes ago, Lord_Magus said:

It did?:Smile_amazed: That's insane given that Flint was rendered pretty terrible by the commander skill rework. What was WG thinking that it would need nerfs?

In 10.4 she received a range buff from 11.1 to 11.9km and a reload nerf from 4.9 to 5.1s. My guess is WG is seeking to make the ship actually enjoyable to play but not to the point she outperforms Atlanta by a wide margin. The very next patch her range was buffed by another 0.5km (12.4km). I guess it turns out a very lightly armored cruiser who’s defining gimmick is her ability to become a very angry, fire spewing smoke cloud struggled in a MM spread with 12km Soviet radar that could reveal her from beyond her firing range, as well as long lasting American radar that could do so from not far inside it. Who would have guessed? :Smile_sceptic:

Edited by Nevermore135

[VVV]
Members
2,988 posts
5,065 battles
21 hours ago, Nevermore135 said:

My guess is WG is seeking to make the ship actually enjoyable to play but not to the point she outperforms Atlanta by a wide margin. 

Nevermind that Flint has always outperformed Atlanta. And Atlanta is also underperforming. The rational move would've been to buff them both. Both should get 4 sec reload.

Edited by Lord_Magus

[ARS]
Beta Testers
6,764 posts
6,914 battles
On 7/23/2021 at 12:36 AM, TheLucinator said:

The Mo's a fine ship if you play her right.  Shes got good accuracy and no she does not have a nerf'd heal.

No, not a nerfed heal, but rather she lacks the buffed heal of Iowa and other American mainline BBs.  Iowa is a better BB than Missouri as it stands.

Who knows though, maybe Missouri will get buffed someday.