Sign in to follow this  
You need to play a total of 20 battles to post in this section.
SKurj

so 10 dd's, 6 subs and 2 cv's sailed into a bar....

33 comments in this topic

[DRFTR]
Beta Testers
7,336 posts

nvm bar , i meant coop...

wonder what pvp will look like

before i was sorta walking away looking back over my shoulder, and tonight i was even going to login and actually play some coop.. (i haven't in weeks since basexp took some of the fun out of NB)

now i am running...

• Cool 1
  • Meh 2

[DRFTR]
Beta Testers
7,336 posts
19 minutes ago, clammboy said:

Jeopardy What GIF

thats a possible combination you can run into now in coop on PTS, subs capped at 3 per side.

[WDS]
[WDS]
Members
5,266 posts
15,332 battles
Just now, SKurj said:

thats a possible combination you can run into now in coop on PTS, subs capped at 3 per side.

I was waiting for the punch line the title is set up as a joke .

[HINON]
[HINON]
Members
9,831 posts
16,884 battles
28 minutes ago, SKurj said:

pretty sure WG said subs and DDs would share the same 5 slot limit if thats the case, then the matchup you speak of cant possibly exist, unless the sharing of the 5 slot limit was yet another one of WG's lies, which i wouldnt be surprised by, but then it could be the case of WG not really caring about what happens on the PT server as, well, thats what its for, testing and finding any bugs or glitches, granted even then when those are found WG takes their sweet time getting them fixed

Edited by tcbaker777

[DRFTR]
Beta Testers
7,336 posts
7 minutes ago, tcbaker777 said:

pretty sure WG said subs and DDs would share the same 5 slot limit if thats the case, then the matchup you speak of cant possibly exist, unless the sharing of the 5 slot limit was yet another one of WG's lies, which i wouldnt be surprised by, but then it could be the case of WG not really caring about what happens on the PT server as, well, thats what its for, testing and finding any bugs or glitches, granted even then when those are found WG takes their sweet time getting them fixed

you could be right i wondered if with subs entering dd's would get a lower cap.  I still don't like the idea with current team sizes, if it were bumped up to at least 12 for coop i'd be happier...   now toss in cv's... and the mm often gives both teams bot cv's...

and wg will likely make cap high at the start to get more players levelled up to get subs into higher tiers that pay better

[HINON]
[HINON]
Members
9,831 posts
16,884 battles
4 minutes ago, SKurj said:

I still don't like the idea with current team sizes, if it were bumped up to at least 12 for coop i'd be happier...   now toss in cv's... and the mm often gives both teams bot cv's...

thatd be nice, but then we'd be right back at square one with a issue we Coop mains had a while back, the mercy rule, having 12 bots on the enemy team with how clueless they are right now, itd be like the change that were made to stop the mercy rule in Coop from happening so often never happened at all, already theres at least one or 2 ships being left alive because the bots cant hit anything anymore, it'd just be another problem for us, a vicious cycle that doesnt end because WG doesnt see PvE mains as worth their time to try and keep happy

[CVA16]
Members
8,557 posts
26,105 battles
7 minutes ago, SKurj said:

you could be right i wondered if with subs entering dd's would get a lower cap

Wouldn't you want at least one DD per sub in the match?

If it is 5 total you could have 5 subs and no DDs. Sounds like an incredibly fun game for the 4 other ships (CV-BB-CA)

[DRFTR]
Beta Testers
7,336 posts
2 minutes ago, Sabot_100 said:

Wouldn't you want at least one DD per sub in the match?

If it is 5 total you could have 5 subs and no DDs. Sounds like an incredibly fun game for the 4 other ships (CV-BB-CA)

no then we could end up with 3 of each...

i am bb main, of course i don't want swarms of dd's and subs i want big ships to shoot at :)  bad enough with torp soup from dd's now lets add in something stealthier 

• Thanks 2

[CVA16]
Members
8,557 posts
26,105 battles
7 minutes ago, tcbaker777 said:

it'd just be another problem for us, a vicious cycle that doesnt end because WG doesnt see PvE mains as worth their time to try and keep happy

WG thinks they can drive all those PVE players back to randoms/competitive if they make  PV less fun/profitable. Unfortunately that is not the option most will choose,

• Cool 6

[CVA16]
Members
8,557 posts
26,105 battles
6 minutes ago, SKurj said:

no then we could end up with 3 of each..

I was thinking the max would be 5 so the worst would be 3 DD and 2 subs. The number of subs could not exceed the number of DDs and the total is 5 or less..

Even from a DD perspective, having 4-5 DDs on a side is no fun for coop.  Success is often measured in damage done and it is hard to wrack up big numbers if most of the targets have less than 20K HP.

Still wonder if the bots inability to shoot straight is intentional. Maybe it was too easy for them to kill subs. Humans have to guess the aimpoint, the bots know the aimpoint.

[KID0]
Members
212 posts
1 hour ago, Sabot_100 said:

WG thinks they can drive all those PVE players back to randoms/competitive if they make  PV less fun/profitable. Unfortunately that is not the option most will choose,

Bingo! You nailed it, bud.

If PvE becomes unfun fo me, then sayonara. PvP is not an option.

• Cool 3
  • Thanks 1

[PVE]
Members
12,005 posts
21,175 battles

so 10 dd's, 6 subs and 2 cv's sailed into a bar....

and everyone still bitched about the CV's.

• Funny 1
  • Haha 3

[RLGN]
Members
18,935 posts
34,496 battles
2 hours ago, Sabot_100 said:

Thought you meant five DDs until I read this again.

For all fighting subs is slang for a female canine; what’s more unfun for me, is that no matter what WG has tried, I can’t use the subs worth spit.

Maybe they have some room full of unicums doing base testing of the controls; but for me, trying to play subs has been a complete waste of effort.

2 hours ago, SKurj said:

I am bb main, of course i don't want swarms of dd's and subs i want big ships to shoot at :)  bad enough with torp soup from dd's now lets add in something stealthier 

Don’t mind DDs in a battleship, especially in Co-op where they’re less likely to hide.

If subs get big in Co-op, I may play my Ark Royal more. In several of the PTS, Ark was amusingly annoying to subs because it was easy for her slow planes to keep subs spotted.

2 hours ago, Sabot_100 said:

WG can claim Co-op is unpopular all they want.

If it is such; then why does is seem like they’re doing everything they can to drive players out of it?

Recently played some Randoms because reasons. Despite an occasional enjoyable moment or two; doing so was a CHORE, boring, and un-fun.

Maybe if the mode WG thinks players should be playing is unpopular, to whatever amount of players that seems to upset them so much; perhaps there needs to be some critical examination of the reasons why such is so?

1 hour ago, Kaigun_Chusa said:

As above.

Randoms are dull. Sorry WG; but I’m more interested in straight up fighting; not dancing around, hoping the other side makes a mistake first, and praying my ship doesn’t get spammed to death.

Edited by Estimated_Prophet
  • Cool 1

[CVA16]
Members
8,557 posts
26,105 battles
4 hours ago, Estimated_Prophet said:

Maybe if the mode WG thinks players should be playing is unpopular, to whatever amount of players that seems to upset them so much; perhaps there needs to be some critical examination of the reasons why such is so?

But Randoms and competitive are the cash cow  for WG. Having a non-upgraded ship and /or low skill captain in PVP is painful.You will be a drad on your team. Its a huge faux pau to enter battle naked. Need to use performance flags too to claim every advantage you can. This drives PVE players to spend a lot more than coop does. In  coop you can take out a no-upgrade naked ship with no captain and still do OK. You do better with cammo and at least a 10pt captain but it is not required. Your team will likely win either way (unless it is a 2/7 match)

[D-DAY]
Members
7,559 posts
10 hours ago, SKurj said:

And by your logic, could you not also get 

10 BB's, 6 subs and 2 cv's sailed into a bar

or

10 Cruiser's, 6 subs and 2 cv's sailed into a bar

or

Many combinations?

What is this thread actually about? It looks like bait, but you may have a real point you are trying to make? :Smile_honoring:

[DRFTR]
Beta Testers
7,336 posts
2 hours ago, _WaveRider_ said:

And by your logic, could you not also get 

10 BB's, 6 subs and 2 cv's sailed into a bar

or

10 Cruiser's, 6 subs and 2 cv's sailed into a bar

or

Many combinations?

What is this thread actually about? It looks like bait, but you may have a real point you are trying to make? :Smile_honoring:

of course but who complains about mostly bb's and cruisers in coop...

we always remember the bad matchups...   while swarms of dd's maybe exciting for dd players, not so much for bb's...

ppl vent now about 4-5 dd's in coop, what do you think will happen when only 3 ships are not subs or dd's on your team.

[D-DAY]
Members
7,559 posts
Just now, SKurj said:

of course but who complains about mostly bb's and cruisers in coop...

we always remember the bad matchups...   while swarms of dd's maybe exciting for dd players, not so much for bb's...

I have no love for 5 of any ship type do I want 5 BBs when I am in a light cruisers - no thank you. Do I want 5 fast firing cruisers if I am in a DD - no thank you.

I'm all for a cap if it is to limit all ship types, but to pick and choose because of your own preference - that's not a balanced approach, that's just selfish.

9 minutes ago, SKurj said:

ppl vent now about 4-5 dd's in coop, what do you think will happen when only 3 ships are not subs or dd's on your team.

Still complain? 

[DRFTR]
Beta Testers
7,336 posts
5 minutes ago, _WaveRider_ said:

I have no love for 5 of any ship type do I want 5 BBs when I am in a light cruisers - no thank you. Do I want 5 fast firing cruisers if I am in a DD - no thank you.

I'm all for a cap if it is to limit all ship types, but to pick and choose because of your own preference - that's not a balanced approach, that's just selfish.

Still complain? 

you bet it is selfish, have you seen coop play?  it's selfish mode lol

[USCC]
Members
3,869 posts
18,294 battles
12 minutes ago, SKurj said:

what do you think will happen when only 3 ships are not subs or dd's on your team.

Well I for one will switch to a cruiser, and sink them all!   
123.jpg.ede81f50bd1b7acad975f7bf23dc9103.jpg

[D-DAY]
Members
7,559 posts
6 minutes ago, SKurj said:

you bet it is selfish, have you seen coop play?  it's selfish mode lol

Incorrect, it does not need to be played any more selfish than any other mode - that is the choice of the player.

I see no reason why certain selfish people, worried about other selfish people should bother me - I certainly wouldn't support their pov. :Smile_honoring:

• Cool 1

Members
276 posts
802 battles
11 hours ago, Kaigun_Chusa said:

That's a big 10-4, Eleanor. I already spend more time playing arcade mode in *That Other Game* than I do playing WOWS as it is. The crazy PT boats are beaucoup fun for me.

If the 10.7 iteration of Co-op is anything like the current schittshow on PT, it's been nice knowing you.

[DRFTR]
Beta Testers
7,336 posts
11 minutes ago, _WaveRider_ said:

Incorrect, it does not need to be played any more selfish than any other mode - that is the choice of the player.

I see no reason why certain selfish people, worried about other selfish people should bother me - I certainly wouldn't support their pov. :Smile_honoring:

well the way coop is played it is every man for himself, as a bb player that often means arriving late to the party and picking up the scraps.  i rarely see other players saving one for me...

[CO-OP]
Members
3,595 posts
36,462 battles

If there's going to be 3 slots for subs, a new class, they need to up the teams from 9 to 12. If they don't there's going to be an exodus.

[D-DAY]
Members
7,559 posts
Just now, SKurj said:

well the way coop is played it is every man for himself, as a bb player that often means arriving late to the party and picking up the scraps.  i rarely see other players saving one for me...

As a BB player I do no worse in Co-Op than in another ship type - but that may be because I play to win and don't play 'selfish'.

I guess if you play selfish you may find certain ships allow a better success at being selfish - again, if that is the way you play, why should I be affected by it - live with the selfish world you created. :Smile_teethhappy: