Sign in to follow this  
You need to play a total of 20 battles to post in this section.
ArIskandir

Brawls Stories of Salt, Ep. 1: Shattered Dreams of a Certain Someone

13 comments in this topic

[SALVO]
Members
9,558 posts
7,008 battles

I find Brawls are entertaining & relaxing, a simple fun not really serious mode ... that's why I'm finding very amusing the amount of salt I'm witnessing in Brawls so I decided to compile some experiences.

For this first Episode I will be featuring a certain forumite which of course I won't reveal his identity, I had the "fortune" of sharing a match with him last night... I usually enjoy very much the experience of sharing matches with fellow forum users but sincerely I hope to not repeat the feat with this certain someone. 

Apparently, he got very upset I wasn't playing my DD the way he wanted so he proceeded to do non stop bickering for the best part of 2 minutes (I might post some screenies later if I manage to overcome apathy), included but not limited to declaring the match lost and announcing his intention to suicide (which he eventually did by charging the DD on a narrow channel). I even committed a very critical mistake trying to reply to his annoying chat: I blew my smoke before time, which almost got me killed some seconds later as I overshoot my smoke puff (Jervis issue) in front of the enemy cruiser... end story short, we ended winning the match by a hair with me being last man standing, mostly by a solid performance of our Fiji team mate. 

Now with more time on my hands and without the risk of clumsy fingers blowing my consumables I will explain the play I was making, maybe next time you won't get so angry and try to make the best of the situation. 

The map was Shatter, I played the open side of B cap and asked the Fiji to play the island side on the confluence of A and B cap, which he agreed:

r8FOrFS.png

As you can see, from that position we can create a cross fire covering the caps. From my position I get a perfect defilade on the enemies playing at position 1 (usually a DD), which will be easily spotted by Fiji's hydro, and even if they manage to not die, they will be forced out of the cap. From that position I also get vision and good torpedo lanes on all 3 enemy access channels, by virtue of being a DD I can play that position with some degree of safety using my concealment and/or smokes. In other words is a very strong position that will grant your team a very solid advantage, map control, vision and crossfire options, you only trade some cap ticks as you'll be arriving later than the expected enemy DD at position 1. 

Hope this help, see you on next episode.

• Cool 1
  • Boring 1

[4_0_4]
Members
314 posts
1,926 battles
6 minutes ago, ArIskandir said:

I find Brawls are entertaining & relaxing, a simple fun not really serious mode ... that's why I'm finding very amusing the amount of salt I'm witnessing in Brawls so I decided to compile some experiences.

For this first Episode I will be featuring a certain forumite which of course I won't reveal his identity, I had the "fortune" of sharing a match with him last night... I usually enjoy very much the experience of sharing matches with fellow forum users but sincerely I hope to not repeat the feat with this certain someone. 

Apparently, he got very upset I wasn't playing my DD the way he wanted so he proceeded to do non stop bickering for the best part of 2 minutes (I might post some screenies later if I manage to overcome apathy), included but not limited to declaring the match lost and announcing his intention to suicide (which he eventually did by charging the DD on a narrow channel). I even committed a very critical mistake trying to reply to his annoying chat: I blew my smoke before time, which almost got me killed some seconds later as I overshoot my smoke puff (Jervis issue) in front of the enemy cruiser... end story short, we ended winning the match by a hair with me being last man standing, mostly by a solid performance of our Fiji team mate. 

Now with more time on my hands and without the risk of clumsy fingers blowing my consumables I will explain the play I was making, maybe next time you won't get so angry and try to make the best of the situation. 

The map was Shatter, I played the open side of B cap and asked the Fiji to play the island side on the confluence of A and B cap, which he agreed:

r8FOrFS.png

As you can see, from that position we can create a cross fire covering the caps. From my position I get a perfect defilade on the enemies playing at position 1 (usually a DD), which will be easily spotted by Fiji's hydro, and even if they manage to not die, they will be forced out of the cap. From that position I also get vision and good torpedo lanes on all 3 enemy access channels, by virtue of being a DD I can play that position with some degree of safety using my concealment and/or smokes. In other words is a very strong position that will grant your team a very solid advantage, map control, vision and crossfire options, you only trade some cap ticks as you'll be arriving later than the expected enemy DD at position 1. 

Hope this help, see you on next episode.

I really don’t understand why people would get salty in these brawls, the stats aren’t recorded and unless one ship decides to hide in a corner the match is over in 6-7 minutes.  

[SALVO]
Members
9,558 posts
7,008 battles
2 minutes ago, rallybackmonkey said:

I really don’t understand why people would get salty in these brawls, the stats aren’t recorded and unless one ship decides to hide in a corner the match is over in 6-7 minutes.  

Me neither pal... 

[SALVO]
Members
9,558 posts
7,008 battles
3 minutes ago, goldenpollywog said:

Definitely worth the division with buddies

Totally agree, playing with buddies is a blast

4 minutes ago, goldenpollywog said:

if salt ensues then you probably deserve it.

You be the judge mate... 

[WDS]
[WDS]
Members
4,572 posts
13,027 battles

I have had zero salt in my matches and much fun . I did play both solo and with the clan it was fun both ways .

• Cool 1

[SALVO]
Members
9,558 posts
7,008 battles
6 minutes ago, clammboy said:

I have had zero salt in my matches and much fun . I did play both solo and with the clan it was fun both ways .

Most of my matches had been salt free, but the salty ones had been so over the top I find them deserving a post.

[PQUOD]
[PQUOD]
Members
5,212 posts
20,553 battles

Yeah Brawls is fun. Quick matches, grinding my Vauqeulin. Fun boat to jet to the front and start early cap and spot red capital ships. Bait red DD’s to shoot at you revealing their position as well. Pretty much the majority of the chatter is F key commands and GG’s. 

• Cool 1

[WPORT]
Members
11,726 posts
16,062 battles
1 hour ago, Capt_Ahab1776 said:

Yeah Brawls is fun. Quick matches, grinding my Vauqeulin. Fun boat to jet to the front and start early cap and spot red capital ships. Bait red DD’s to shoot at you revealing their position as well. Pretty much the majority of the chatter is F key commands and GG’s. 

Finished grinding my own Vauquelin, today.
Brawls was a good mode use for the endeavor.

Good luck with your grind.

• Cool 1

[WPORT]
Members
11,726 posts
16,062 battles

Thanks for the map analysis, @ArIskandir

• Cool 1

[DVYJC]
Members
4,529 posts
12,401 battles

I've been playing solo queue and have been a little salty about triple divisions, but then... My solo queue pickup trans have oddly never lost against one so far lol.

[SALVO]
Members
9,558 posts
7,008 battles
12 hours ago, RainbowFartingUnicorn said:

I've been playing solo queue and have been a little salty about triple divisions, but then... My solo queue pickup trans have oddly never lost against one so far lol.

Aye, I drop solo a lot... used to be worried about triple Divs but have bested so many of them that it isn't a problem anymore. Being the maps so small and matches so fast, it is all very "intuitive" everyone has a very clear role to play, voice comms are not that huge advantage as you'll commonly will be engaging in 1 vs 1.

Having said that, witnessed yesterday a marvelous Two Brothers push (hate that map with a passion) from a triple Div, they were synchronized within seconds. It was a beautiful thing to behold.

• Cool 1

[DVYJC]
Members
4,529 posts
12,401 battles
20 minutes ago, ArIskandir said:

Aye, I drop solo a lot... used to be worried about triple Divs but have bested so many of them that it isn't a problem anymore. Being the maps so small and matches so fast, it is all very "intuitive" everyone has a very clear role to play, voice comms are not that huge advantage as you'll commonly will be engaging in 1 vs 1.

Having said that, witnessed yesterday a marvelous Two Brothers push (hate that map with a passion) from a triple Div, they were synchronized within seconds. It was a beautiful thing to behold.

Two Brothers with three-player teams and epicenter is kinda a guilty trololol pleasure.

• Funny 1

Sign in to follow this