You need to play a total of 20 battles to post in this section.
Mademoisail

PTS 0.10.7

283 comments in this topic

[SF-13]
[SF-13]
Members
604 posts
9,578 battles

Hi,

There appears to be no way to test submarines or complete the submarine missions since there are no Tier 6 submarines in the port, and no missions allow you to get a Tier 6 submarine.  Without that, you cannot earn the Tier 8 and Tier 10 submarines and complete those missions.

What's the deal with that?

[OMH]
Members
161 posts
4,811 battles

Not sure what you are talking about, i got both tier 6 subs.

[TNG-2]
Members
2 posts
5,795 battles

The Test update claims 100,000 coal if the dockyard event is finished. I took this as 100,000 coal to the players live server account if finished; however, in the public test server the result is 100,000 coal credited to the public test server account. Is the 100,000 coal only given to the public test server account instead of credited to the players live account?

If so, why even grind the event in the public test server as coal is near worthless on the public test server.

Edited by Catagory6
  • Thanks 2
  • Meh 1

[WFSDL]
Members
81 posts
12,019 battles
4 minutes ago, Catagory6 said:

The Test update claims 100,000 coal if the dockyard event is finished. I took this as 100,000 coal to the players live server account if finished; however, in the public test server the result is 100,000 coal credited to the public test server account. Is the 100,000 coal only given to the public test server account instead of credited to the players live account?

If so, why even grind the event in the public test server as coal is near worthless on the public test server.

Of course it's PTS coal... you didn't think you could get 100k coal for free for basically no work did you?

• Funny 1
  • Haha 3
  • Meh 2

[58]
Members
40 posts
6,630 battles
41 minutes ago, Nordlaender said:

Hi,

There appears to be no way to test submarines or complete the submarine missions since there are no Tier 6 submarines in the port, and no missions allow you to get a Tier 6 submarine.  Without that, you cannot earn the Tier 8 and Tier 10 submarines and complete those missions.

I thought the same thing when I first booted it up. Turns out, the subs are not on the Tech Tree screens. But if you select Ranked Battle, you'll see the American Cachalot and German U-69 are in your port.

• Thanks 1

[RLGN]
Members
16,844 posts
29,513 battles

So, stats and fleets reset again on the PTS?

No big deal really, PTS after all; but will there be another sync with our main accounts at a later date?

1 hour ago, Nordlaender said:

Hi,

(see below.)

30 minutes ago, mabeenot said:

I thought the same thing when I first booted it up. Turns out, the subs are not on the Tech Tree screens. But if you select Ranked Battle, you'll see the American Cachalot and German U-69 are in your port.

Same here.

Both US and KM subs showed in my port, even when set for Co-op.

They may not be available to play in Co-op, but they do show.

[SF-13]
[SF-13]
Members
604 posts
9,578 battles

Mine did not show up initially.  I already selected Random just to get rid of the "New" sign on it, but I did not leave it on Random and go back to my port.  I have not selected Ranked yet.  I think that was the only one I did not select.

36 minutes ago, mabeenot said:

I will now try this.  Thanks for the information!

[SF-13]
[SF-13]
Members
604 posts
9,578 battles

Ok, well now they are suddenly there along with a bunch of achievements I earned last time I guess.  It was on Random battle.

I guess it just was a bug of some kind.  Anyway, it is now reported I guess.

[TNG-2]
Members
2 posts
5,795 battles
53 minutes ago, BingBongBrian said:

Of course it's PTS coal... you didn't think you could get 100k coal for free for basically no work did you?

Uh....grinding an entire dockyard is not no work... and then you get 100K coal which basically is worthless in PTS as there are no coal ships or coal commanders...so yeah, why would I expect that to be the result for a TON of work. 100K coal to the players live server account makes quite a bit of sense for all that work.

• Cool 1
  • Meh 1

[XPLOD]
Members
2 posts
2,200 battles

Public Test 0.10.7: When I go to  log in using main account details. To do that, select "Public Test" in the Game Instance menu of the Wargaming Game  Center, Public Test is not there....

[TSG4C]
Members
206 posts
9,324 battles

Special ships, such as the submarines, are not allowed in the training room.  Tried to play the Cachalot but forgot how to make it go up and down.  It went down eventually and came up when something expired.  Where's the tutorial for subs?

https://worldofwarships.eu/en/news/public-test/submarines-beta-playing/ is a link to the most recent I could find.

Edited by Justin_Simpleton
added content

[A-D-F]
Beta Testers
3,491 posts
11,204 battles
41 minutes ago, Catagory6 said:

Uh....grinding an entire dockyard is not no work... and then you get 100K coal which basically is worthless in PTS as there are no coal ships or coal commanders...so yeah, why would I expect that to be the result for a TON of work. 100K coal to the players live server account makes quite a bit of sense for all that work.

You literally get enough doubloons to finish off the dockyard at no effort

• Cool 1

[WOLF1]
Members
297 posts
5,129 battles

being a newbie or peasant, I do not know how to obtain a sub. What is and where is a random bundle which is the supposed method of obtaining a sub?

• It would be nice to ride  sub during a public test for subs

[SF-13]
[SF-13]
Members
604 posts
9,578 battles
1 hour ago, Justin_Simpleton said:

Special ships, such as the submarines, are not allowed in the training room.  Tried to play the Cachalot but forgot how to make it go up and down.  It went down eventually and came up when something expired.  Where's the tutorial for subs?

Yeah, I tried the same thing.  It sucks that you cannot go into the training room to test the sub against a single destroyer and learn how to work it.

About the tutorial, I think it might be under the part where you exit the game.  Click on the far left icon at the top and then you will see a box underneath all the commands that says "Tutorials".  It might be there, and you are gonna need it because I have been testing these subs since fall of 2019 and this one is the most complicated one I have ever seen.  Good luck.

• Thanks 1

[PHD]
Members
284 posts
16,874 battles
2 hours ago, Catagory6 said:

1 hour ago, Vader_Sama said:

You literally get enough doubloons to finish off the dockyard at no effort

I haven't looked at the new one, but the PTS dockyard is usually pretty trivial to finish even without spending doubloons.

Last time I'm pretty sure I finished all all the directives of one stage in a single battle. And in co-op no less.

But I gotta agree that PTS coal is pretty worthless.

[WOLF1]
Members
297 posts
5,129 battles
2 hours ago, Catagory6 said:

coal good to buy special consumables for your ship

Members
59 posts
19,864 battles
3 hours ago, Justin_Simpleton said:

https://worldofwarships.eu/en/news/public-test/submarines-beta-playing/ is a link to the most recent I could find.

You can play around with them in CO-OP to re-familiarize yourself with them.

[WOLF1]
Members
297 posts
5,129 battles

It looks that the backdoor method of getting subs through Ranked Battle icon works and then you can use them in Coop.

[DRFTR]
Beta Testers
4,649 posts

driven me away from the game with 3 subs in coop...  

now it will be what 3 subs 3 dd's and a total of 3 cruisers and bb's combined in coop, sounds like fun... NOT...

naval battles set to basexp first put a huge damper on my play

the recent AI sounds like a joke 

and now you want 3 subs in coop out of a total 9 ships.... 

the yukon debacle closed my wallet

basexp NB, took away alot of my desire to play coop (and i won't go back to pvp)

and now this...  

game is actively looking for a smaller and smaller niche it appears

• Thanks 3

[DRFTR]
Beta Testers
4,649 posts
1 hour ago, Justin_Simpleton said:

The language translator in chat doesn't seem to be working.  I was seeing Russian text.

its 1 pts to rule them all i think, so you are stuck with that.

[SULSA]
Members
62 posts
19,001 battles

Here is some Feedback for the 1st day of the 1st part of the PTS Round 1, I am Missing all my ships from my account so I feel very limited to complete all the missions without my Tools so to say, However my curiosity did wanted to try out the submarines and it has an amazing and beautiful underwater World, I also notice the Depth charges are now highlighted as orange dots underwater, so far im enjoying the submarine world and its mechanics, but again I feel incomplete without my ships, im uploading some amazing screenshots I had the chance to take and I will continue my Feedback once all my ships have arrived, please sync the PTS account with the main server account. For now this is it, I also notice that Submarine skills now have icons! this looks really nice and I can not wait to try out the new Secondaries mechanic.

shot-21.07.22_11.49.14-0203.jpg

shot-21.07.22_11.49.18-0507.jpg

shot-21.07.22_11.50.56-0304.jpg

shot-21.07.22_16.23.07-0154.jpg

Members
2 posts
554 battles

Really enjoy the submarine combat, will be a lot of fun once it's added to the game. Only thing is maybe have the sub torps actively track the ping? Looks like they kinda meander, then go into 'attack' mode when they are closer to the target. Also would like to see them converge on the pinged area to maximize damage.

• Cool 1