You need to play a total of 20 battles to post in this section.
LittleWhiteMouse

LWM Needs Help: Crowd-Sourced Missouri Data

154 comments in this topic

[MAUS]
Members
13,626 posts

Hi, everyone.  I'm asking the community for help.  With the Mighty Mo making a return soon, I thought it prudent to expand the number of credit earning results I presently have with more up-to-date data.  Rather than making my eyes bleed with a Missouri marathon, I am turning to you all to ask you to play a few games if you have access to the ship.  I need these Missouri combat results -- specifically the detailed breakdown of credit earning on page 4 of the results screens for winning matches.  It should look something like this:

PNWY8y1.png

Here's specifically what I need:

• WINNING MATCHES ONLY.  You know what?  I'll take both.  Just tell me if you won or lost.
  • Tell me what game mode you played -- Ranked, Random Battles, Co-Op, etc.
  • Base experience values should be visible.
  • All credit earning modifiers should be visible.  Make sure this section is fully expanded.

Please upload those results into this thread.  These can then be compared to the new earning values when Mo gets updated.

Edited by LittleWhiteMouse
  • Cool 19
  • Thanks 9
  • Boring 2

[DRFTR]
Beta Testers
7,329 posts

hopefully ppl with MO will contribute and not just go by feelz...

[USCC]
Members
3,869 posts
18,294 battles

Will load up when i get home and play a bunch.

• Cool 1

[WOLF1]
Beta Testers
15,940 posts
22,895 battles

Ct2hLHC.jpg

Random win ^^^

ii1bt5x.jpg

Random loss ^^^

B1JTSZJ.jpg

Random loss ^^^

7j9e3TW.jpg

Random Win ^^^

TvgDhkt.jpg

Random loss ^^^

tKpxJkW.jpg

Random Loss ^^^

Ogp79HE.jpg

Random Win ^^^

• Cool 1

[ARGSY]
Members
30,558 posts
28,102 battles
23 minutes ago, LittleWhiteMouse said:

WINNING MATCHES ONLY.

I thought credits were independent of battle result.

[MAUS]
Members
13,626 posts
5 minutes ago, Ensign_Cthulhu said:

I thought credits were independent of battle result.

I'm not making any assumptions.  It's a variable and I will control it.

• Thanks 2

[ARGSY]
Members
30,558 posts
28,102 battles
5 minutes ago, LittleWhiteMouse said:

I'm not making any assumptions.  It's a variable and I will control it.

Then ask for both wins and losses, and get your contributors to state what the outcome was when they post the data. 

• Boring 1
  • Meh 16

[MAUS]
Members
13,626 posts
4 minutes ago, Ensign_Cthulhu said:

Then ask for both wins and losses, and get your contributors to state what the outcome was when they post the data. 

I already changed the ask before your post.

• Cool 4

[5D3]
Members
1,477 posts
41 minutes ago, LittleWhiteMouse said:

All credit earning modifiers should be visible.  Make sure this section is fully expanded.

How will the total credits earned per battle, computed for 2021 Mo? Is it a straight forward (Credits Received) + (Credits Received x Modifiers) + (Credits Received x Combat Mission)?

[WOLFB]
[WOLFB]
Members
375 posts
9,813 battles

First set of Mo games. Three Coop all wins, no camo or signals, even took off the vet flag. First game has the daily win on it.

Will do more later, back to work. 

MO Game 1 Coop no flags-camo 1st win 2021.07.22.jpg

MO Game 2 Coop no flags-camo 2021.07.22.jpg

MO Game 3 Coop no flags-camo 2021.07.22.jpg

Edited by Geococcyx
typo

[WOLF5]
Members
2,366 posts
16,720 battles

Coop - Win (First picture to show that at least in this case I am not a total potato...). I will provide more over the weekend...Thanks for preparing this analysis....

Missouri 7-22-2021 #1.jpg

Missouri 7-22-2021 #2.jpg

[KWF]
Members
6,769 posts
7,711 battles

Was about to suggest you also make a Reddit post to ask but I see you already did so. Mayhaps contact a mod there to pin it?

[STAR]
Members
534 posts
18,262 battles

Random Battle - Win
shot-21_07.21_21_58.48-0854.thumb.jpg.ea47097987501db029d770cb503a66f2.jpg

Win in a Ranked Battle, my friend @Ecafretsam who did this one yesterday
shot-21.07.21_21.41.21-0396.jpg

Edited by xavier_556

[T_D_F]
Members
218 posts
9,141 battles

shot-21_07.22_09_25.00-0374.thumb.jpg.cf41492791dff9df8e347aba8e8cecf8.jpg

Win on Random.  

shot-21_07.22_09_41.09-0173.thumb.jpg.c38dce93a2e0e52df2820c94f0b777eb.jpg

Win on random

shot-21_07.22_09_41.21-0132.thumb.jpg.3fd31a3a0fa5d36b4068a306bafbf1d6.jpg

Loss on random

Edited by Batmantis_

[MAUS]
Members
13,626 posts
17 minutes ago, Hukom said:

How will the total credits earned per battle, computed for 2021 Mo? Is it a straight forward (Credits Received) + (Credits Received x Modifiers) + (Credits Received x Combat Mission)?

We don't know.  I've been trying to pin down Wargaming to give me a results screen to demonstrate it.  There are a few ways Wargaming could do this:

1. Flat value.  Wargaming could just toss on a flat 200,000 credit bonus onto each and every match Missouri played and call it even.  This does not scale perfectly, however.  In a match where Missouri earns 1M base credits currently, under the new system it will earn about 825,000 or so.  So for matches where Missouri wouldn't be tickling that 1M credit mark, a flat bonus appears to work to the players advantage.  However in those rare, truly monstrous games, the player would be earning less.

The catch is that a flat value probably won't interact with signals, camos, etc.

2. Modifier.  This is the most likely way, I figure and it will be pretty eye opening to see what the calculated value actually is.  At best guess, Missouri earns about 20% to 25% more than a tier IX premium.  Unlike the flat value listed above, this will always scale based on your performance.  Now, depending upon where this modifier is applied will determine if it scales with signals, camos, etc.  If it's calculated off base experience (and premium base experience), we're screwed as it will now act no different than a signal or camouflage modifier.  If it directly modifies base experience, then we're golden and Mo will behave exactly as she does now.  Similarly, they could apply a modifier after all other calculations are made.
  • Cool 1

[PVE]
Members
8,728 posts

I'm glad Mouse started this.  MO owners will now have a record of the earnings pre-change to compare.  I'd like to think this would help steer WG towards doing this correctly and not screw the players.

• Haha 1

[WOLF5]
Supertester
5,240 posts
4,507 battles
1 minute ago, LittleWhiteMouse said:

We don't know.  I've been trying to pin down Wargaming to give me a results screen to demonstrate it.  There are a few ways Wargaming could do this:

1. Flat value.  Wargaming could just toss on a flat 200,000 credit bonus onto each and every match Missouri played and call it even.  This does not scale perfectly, however.  In a match where Missouri earns 1M base credits currently, under the new system it will earn about 825,000 or so.  So for matches where Missouri wouldn't be tickling that 1M credit mark, a flat bonus appears to work to the players advantage.  However in those rare, truly monstrous games, the player would be earning less.

The catch is that a flat value probably won't interact with signals, camos, etc.

2. Modifier.  This is the most likely way, I figure and it will be pretty eye opening to see what the calculated value actually is.  At best guess, Missouri earns about 20% to 25% more than a tier IX premium.  Unlike the flat value listed above, this will always scale based on your performance.  Now, depending upon where this modifier is applied will determine if it scales with signals, camos, etc.  If it's calculated off base experience (and premium base experience), we're screwed as it will now act no different than a signal or camouflage modifier.  If it directly modifies base experience, then we're golden and Mo will behave exactly as she does now.  Similarly, they could apply a modifier after all other calculations are made.

The flat modifier would have been my initial guess. It'd be very WG to consult the almighty spreadsheet, see what MO made on average, and give the mission for an amount that brings the average back up to where it was. Obviously that wouldn't stack or scale, but I can easily see WG's response being that overall the ship was making the same or more.

BUT since they told you that it would work with flags + camo it seems that they're going with a modifier. I don't think it will be based off BXP or modify it as credit earning IIRC is directly based off performance and is not derived from BXP. So modifying or boosting XP would do nothing for credits. So they'll either have to have the mission modify the base credit earning or they'll have to apply the modifier after all other modifiers are applied. Not sure which one is easier to code. It'll be interesting to see how it works. Hopefully they do it right, but from their response to you it seems they're at least aware of the scaling issue with flags and camos.

[GGWP]
Beta Testers
2,397 posts
37,382 battles

Did a quick coop for you LWM, which was a win....will try to add a few more later.  Here is the screenshot you asked for.   Used the permanent camo and the Alpha tester flag but no signals.
I am a bit surprised you didn't ask for one that included the damage done since I thought credits were mainly driven by damage and not by winning or losing.

shot-21.07.22_10.04.21-0591.jpg

[WOLF1]
Beta Testers
15,940 posts
22,895 battles
1 minute ago, Merc85 said:

Did a quick coop for you LWM, which was a win....will try to add a few more later.  Here is the screenshot you asked for.  I am a bit shot-21_07.22_10_04.21-0591.thumb.jpg.4c6b508766b6017e09017bc1f58a0fe1.jpgsurprised you didn't ask for one that included the damage done since I thought credits were mainly driven by damage and not by winning or losing.

You do the math from XP. So if you have the XP number you do not need to know where it came from.

[GGWP]
Beta Testers
2,397 posts
37,382 battles
3 minutes ago, paradat said:

You do the math from XP. So if you have the XP number you do not need to know where it came from.

What math?  My point is that there is no XP factor that is used in the calculation of credits, which is what Mouse is looking at I thought.

[WOLF1]
Beta Testers
15,940 posts
22,895 battles
6 minutes ago, Merc85 said:

What math?  My point is that there is no XP factor that is used in the calculation of credits, which is what Mouse is looking at I thought.

You can use the ratio between XP and Credits to figure out the difference in credit earning between ships provided they do not have XP bonuses baked in.