You need to play a total of 10 battles to post in this section.
DesslockVonKraken

What is the use of the Kremlin in the game? Farm target

16 comments in this topic

[-MN-]
Members
17 posts
4,028 battles

Oh yes, the "Tank" in the game, "the toughest battleship in the game", a walking meme. I decided to get back to playing with him recently and, oh my God, is this giant canoe good for anything other than being a HE spamer's farm?
Kremilin was once an op ship, it's true, but now it's just useless crap. The ship has a bad gun, with [edited] dispersion, ridiculous sigma, and mediocre penetration. Obviously, some might say that the "Kremilin's aim is to punish players who are on the side", but that's no longer a fact, even Petro has better penetration, it's ridiculous. And yes... I know, "the ship is more accurate at close range", but currently on Warships, do you think it's feasible that one of the biggest battleships in the game is 10 miles away to get a decent shot?! The Kremilin is a ship with little maneuverability, gigantic, it shoots at a short distance and can only put out fires 5 times during the departure, so... is it really fair that it has such a pathetic cannon? I think it's more practical to allow you to exchange Kremilin for Petro, for free, because Petro does everything Kremilin does... but 6 times better.
Since Wargaming invented this historically ridiculous concept of "proximity battleships", with short range and low rate of fire, they could at least know how to balance it, because both the Russian and German lines are absurdly outdated in the game. The sad part is, it's going to take years for this MAYBE to be fixed.

It's always "a sensitive subject" to talk about a ship that had a reputation for OP, but let's be honest... no one cares about a Kremlin in the game anymore, it's boring to kill, but that's about it.

24174495_1654160804636854_5618927176954243664_n.jpg

• Funny 1
  • Boring 2

Members
1,701 posts
2,065 battles

Maybe this is what you see, but not a lot of people will agree with you. At the very least, YouTubers mostly believe the ship is still overpowered. 

"Desslock." Pfft. The only REAL Fezeron of Gaare Garmillas is Aberdt Dessler. DESSLER SOTO HUZZAH!

image.png.68178cc1e9ab20e8b2f50008cf761278.png

• Funny 1

[WOLF5]
Supertester
5,236 posts
4,363 battles

Mediocre Penetration? Kremlin? What game are you playing??? And horrible dispersion? It's not the best but it's not New Mexico bad. Vulnerable to HE spam??? Kremlin has deck armor that laughs at HE:Smile_teethhappy:

Sounds like you're trying to play Kremlin like Yamato (long range sniper). Get up to mid range, bow tank, laugh as they try to damage you, and blast away with your 18in guns.

I'm thinking the issue here isn't the ship...

• Cool 1
  • Funny 1

Members
811 posts
10,893 battles
1 hour ago, DesslockVonKraken said:

I think it's more practical to allow you to exchange Kremilin for Petro, for free, because Petro does everything Kremilin does... but 6 times better.

Kremlin isn't as good as its reputation but this makes it really obvious that you haven't played Petro either

[-MN-]
Members
17 posts
4,028 battles
8 minutes ago, 4HizensTotalLandscaping said:

Kremlin isn't as good as its reputation but this makes it really obvious that you haven't played Petro either

Oh yes, I played with Petro, and I loved the ship. Extremely resistant and with great penetration, maneuverability is boring, but I consider the vessel to be excellent. I was in doubt about which cruiser to take, and the only one that won me over more than the Petro was the Venezia, but they are ships with different focuses.

[-MN-]
Members
17 posts
4,028 battles
44 minutes ago, AJTP89 said:

Mediocre Penetration? Kremlin? What game are you playing??? And horrible dispersion? It's not the best but it's not New Mexico bad. Vulnerable to HE spam??? Kremlin has deck armor that laughs at HE:Smile_teethhappy:

Sounds like you're trying to play Kremlin like Yamato (long range sniper). Get up to mid range, bow tank, laugh as they try to damage you, and blast away with your 18in guns.

I'm thinking the issue here isn't the ship...

Deck armor? See HE and laugh? Long range sniper?
First, did you forget that the bow of the Kremilin, which is the size of a small cruiser, is only 32mm on deck? Default target. Furthermore, no deck is able to stop a Conqueror or Thunderer's HE, and it is obviously problematic to be able to put out fire only 5 times in the game.
As for the long range sniper, it is not even possible to put distance module in the Kremilin, and obviously it is impractical to maintain a constant distance of 20 km, in short, battles with Kremilin are always at a distance of 18 km or less.   

It is worth mentioning two more things: First, the HE is capable of setting fire even without penetration. Second, the Kremilin's accuracy definitely gets worse when it's not angled.

PRINT A.png

Edited by DesslockVonKraken
  • Boring 1

[TIAR]
Members
17 posts
2,893 battles

I've had the same experience with the Kremlin, and I also think it's worth mentioning that it doesn't have anything apart from decent torpedo damage reduction to try to do something against a destroyer, but we might be playing it wrong, in the stats page it has one of the highest win rates in ranked.

[-MN-]
Members
17 posts
4,028 battles
9 hours ago, Asta666 said:

I've had the same experience with the Kremlin, and I also think it's worth mentioning that it doesn't have anything apart from decent torpedo damage reduction to try to do something against a destroyer, but we might be playing it wrong, in the stats page it has one of the highest win rates in ranked.

In fact, as I said, I don't complain about the Kremilin's resistance, let alone the torpedo protection. Does it catch fire easily? Yea! But every battleship suffers from it, so I accept it. The biggest problem is the cannons! Cruisers have torpedoes, and various assorted consumables like radar etc, but the Kremilin only has his cannons... it's the only thing he has to play with.
Nobody enters the game to be a punching bag, nobody enters the game to be farmed, our objective is to beat the enemy, cause damage, kill, that is... what is the damn use of a resistant ship that is not capable of being useful in the game?!

Members
331 posts
6,288 battles

I would say... Kremlin is not that unplayable, but she is not rewarding in the current environment, especially in random battles.

Although Thunderer has been unavailable and got nerfed twice, there are still quite a few ships often firing big-caliber HE shells and having a longer range, which make your 60-mm deck and 30-degree frontal firing angle literally useless (e.g., Conquerors, Montanas, Républiques and even GKs with a range upgrade). 

Kremlin does have a little better concealment, but CVs still easily render you spotted with fighters, not to mention Kremlin's AA suite is made of paper. 

Kremlin has the icebreaker bow, but guns of 460mm are still able to overmatch it with accurate enough aiming skills. 

In conclusion, you certainly can continue playing Kremlin, but to have good gaming experiences, you need to have map awareness, know how to exploit the terrain as your advantage, avoid being crossfired, and switch to HE shells when necessary. 

Screenshot 2021-07-29 191327.jpg

• Cool 1

Members
938 posts
2,177 battles

this is just another case of HE spam being too strong against battleships. nerf fires vs Battleships and you'll suddenly see a lot of this crap dissapper 

• Sad 1

[-MN-]
Members
17 posts
4,028 battles
On 7/29/2021 at 8:13 AM, Impitoyable_5929_x said:

I would say... Kremlin is not that unplayable, but she is not rewarding in the current environment, especially in random battles.

Although Thunderer has been unavailable and got nerfed twice, there are still quite a few ships often firing big-caliber HE shells and having a longer range, which make your 60-mm deck and 30-degree frontal firing angle literally useless (e.g., Conquerors, Montanas, Républiques and even GKs with a range upgrade). 

Kremlin does have a little better concealment, but CVs still easily render you spotted with fighters, not to mention Kremlin's AA suite is made of paper. 

Kremlin has the icebreaker bow, but guns of 460mm are still able to overmatch it with accurate enough aiming skills. 

In conclusion, you certainly can continue playing Kremlin, but to have good gaming experiences, you need to have map awareness, know how to exploit the terrain as your advantage, avoid being crossfired, and switch to HE shells when necessary. 

Screenshot 2021-07-29 191327.jpg

That's an interesting point, World of Warships sometimes feels like MOBA, where certain "characters" are nerfed to draw attention to other characters. The mere fact that a tier X ship has become "virtually obsolete" is absolutely ridiculous, it is revolting to know that this is the reality of the game. The Kremilin is a ship that relies on a type of battle that practically doesn't exist anymore: proximity battles.
I don't expect changes like "increase in firing range" because that would be ridiculous, but a simple improvement in dispersion and sigma would be minimal, because that way, at least the ship will be able to handle the enemy properly.
Either way, it's depressing to see a battleship boil down to farm damage to the enemy at long range.

[-MN-]
Members
17 posts
4,028 battles
On 8/2/2021 at 1:02 AM, BrianDavion said:

this is just another case of HE spam being too strong against battleships. nerf fires vs Battleships and you'll suddenly see a lot of this crap dissapper 

I sincerely agree to tolerate HE spammers, every dreadnought is basically a fireplace, but if I'm playing Montana I'm able to fight back... the Kremilin is just trying to get away because it has two serious problems: crapaccuracy and, short shooting range.

this-is-fine.0.jpg

Members
331 posts
6,288 battles
7 hours ago, DesslockVonKraken said:

The Kremilin is a ship that relies on a type of battle that practically doesn't exist anymore: proximity battles.

Do you mean a battle of players of similar skill levels?

7 hours ago, DesslockVonKraken said:

I don't expect changes like "increase in firing range" because that would be ridiculous, but a simple improvement in dispersion and sigma would be minimal, because that way, at least the ship will be able to handle the enemy properly.
Either way, it's depressing to see a battleship boil down to farm damage to the enemy at long range.

I would prefer a range buff to 23km even if the shells would be as inaccurate as those of Colombo at 23km. Kremlin is de facto the tier X BB with the shortest range after GK can mount a range upgrade. In the current environment, the firing range of a BB is especially of indispensable significance. It's very hard to have a brawl in random battles now, not only because of long-range snipers, but also because of the excessive amount of DDs and CVs. 

• Cool 1

[-MN-]
Members
17 posts
4,028 battles
10 hours ago, Impitoyable_5929_x said:

Do you mean a battle of players of similar skill levels?

I would prefer a range buff to 23km even if the shells would be as inaccurate as those of Colombo at 23km. Kremlin is de facto the tier X BB with the shortest range after GK can mount a range upgrade. In the current environment, the firing range of a BB is especially of indispensable significance. It's very hard to have a brawl in random battles now, not only because of long-range snipers, but also because of the excessive amount of DDs and CVs. 

Well, I try to keep my expectations with real possibilities. And honestly, we're talking about Wargaming, hoping they are able to understand the game situation is like expecting a miracle lol, after all, with all the current problems in the game, they decided to sell a tier X ship, again . So I choose to ask for the easiest: a simple improvement in accuracy.

And indeed, the current situation with DDs is indeed a problem, but one that will never be resolved. If you're a Kremilin and fire a full volley of PP at a DD, if you get it right you'll be VERY LUCK, and even then, he'll stay alive, look at you and say, "Okay, now go back to the harbor." That's been a problem, because currently DDs are virtually unstoppable, but if you talk about it with any Warships "authority" they'll laugh and say, "Oh but it's okay."
And the CV issue is an old issue, for example I have a Montana with anti-area build, and I also use fighters on it, and I'm just not able to stop a TIER 8 CV from giving me 2 attacks. And well, AA works automatically, so all I can do is watch. And if I comment here about FDR... my God. Problems like these have been going on for years, and the only thing Wargaming will do is "smile and wave."
And what I honestly find most irritating is that, the game information is simply unreliable, the AA is a good example: Kremilin's AA actually sucks, it's just useless for you to build AA in Kremilin, but according to information in the game, the Kremilin has a "level 99/100" AA.
In other words, when it comes to Wargaming, it's better to wait a little... because something really good never comes. 

23844690_889671304523816_6286614198944447389_n.jpg

Edited by DesslockVonKraken

[TIAR]
Members
17 posts
2,893 battles

To make things better with submarines having limited damage control party usages hurts even more and I heard in the PTS at least the Russian battleships didn't get the depth charges planes.

[-MN-]
Members
17 posts
4,028 battles
5 hours ago, Asta666 said:

To make things better with submarines having limited damage control party usages hurts even more and I heard in the PTS at least the Russian battleships didn't get the depth charges planes.

Yes, I am aware of that. It's like I said, the World of Warships looks like a damn MOBA. The company looks and says, "Ok, I don't want players to use this character anymore", and they destroy the character simply to limit the player.

Wargaming: "Oh do you like this ship? Hm...BUT I DON'T LIKE THIS SHIP!"