Sign in to follow this  
You need to play a total of 20 battles to post in this section.
Drifter_X

Missouri? Bring back Kronstat too....

13 comments in this topic

[WOLF3]
Members
663 posts
12,536 battles

Apparently this cruiser was overpowered but consensus says its not that crazy? I don't know if anyone else would be down for the return of this ship. Need to complete my 305/310 calibre cruisers. Think its likely to happen?

[NMKJT]
Members
3,385 posts
8,585 battles
25 minutes ago, Drifter_X said:

Apparently this cruiser was overpowered but consensus says its not that crazy? I don't know if anyone else would be down for the return of this ship. Need to complete my 305/310 calibre cruisers. Think its likely to happen?

Her vertical dispersion is so terrible I think a lot of people would be frustrated by that ship. It's actually worse than Roma's.

[BNKR]
[BNKR]
Members
359 posts
5,038 battles

Kronk has extremely powerful guns but she has tremendously wonky dispersion which is an extreme frustration. She will cit most broadside battleships over 15k, if you can get her guns to behave  which they rarely do. Her pen is so high she will overpen almost every cruiser inside of 15km's, but she has almost no overmatch ability so she can struggle to do meaningful damage to angled targets. 

Her HE rounds just suck. You're better off trying to hit superstructures for overpen damage than switch to HE, as it'll do almost the same damage. 

[WOLFC]
Members
3,397 posts
12,111 battles

Wasn’t Kronshtadt the first CB, with Stalingrad being released later that same year? I wouldn’t be surprised if Kronshdaht was one of those ships that was indeed pulled because of her popularity (at the time).

Even if she was over performing when she was pulled, nowadays she has a lot of competition and I can’t remember the last time I saw one in battle. Even if she is still OP, WG could always decide to balance her using the precedent set with Flint and rerelease her at will. They now have Georgia and AK to serve as tier IX Santa crate bait, after all.

Edited by Nevermore135

[SOFOP]
Members
2,585 posts
16,285 battles

Its been power crept pretty badly.  Why not.

[-A-8-]
Members
631 posts
24,224 battles

IIRC the reasoning on pulling Musashi and Kronshtadt was they were to popular in battle. While you would see a lot of the Musashi it was far from the case with the Kron. 

Let's be honest though, they were both pulled as WG wanted to raise the cost of free xp ships, bumping a tier 9 from 750k to 1m.

[XXX]
Members
744 posts
1,698 battles
7 minutes ago, Old_Baldy_One said:

Its been power crept pretty badly.  Why not.

This is my view on it. The old girl has been powercrept something fierce. Even the newer 220mm gunned cruisers out preform her. She lacks overmatch and has VERY wonky dispersion.

Comparing her to the Alaska is...interesting to say the least not to mention with the removal of all the surviability skills removed from Cruiser captains she's not actually cream of the crop anymore. The reason she was so popular was she basically a budget Stalingrad.

[WGF]
Members
96 posts
15 hours ago, landedkiller said:

Bring back Musashi 

This.

Really.

I missed it by like 40k XP and because back then I wouldn't pay close attention to patch notes.

• Cool 1

[WOOKY]
[WOOKY]
Members
684 posts
13,582 battles
14 hours ago, wildgooseman said:

Let's be honest though, they were both pulled as WG wanted to raise the cost of free xp ships, bumping a tier 9 from 750k to 1m.

Winner winner chicken dinner. 

This reason and this alone is why she was pulled.

In today's meta she would be middle of the pack on her best day in the super cruiser world

[4HIM]
Members
3,424 posts
16,586 battles
33 minutes ago, contag10n said:

In today's meta she would be middle of the pack on her best day in the super cruiser world

^This. Kron was great for potential damage missions too. But since the skills rebork it's not so true. Removal of the survival skills hurt it pretty bad. 

[TWE]
Beta Testers
365 posts
1,956 battles

Meh. I'd rather see a Sevastopol at this point. Kron's sister and have it with the German 38cm guns and turrets. Basically a Siegfried-ski. 

• Cool 1

[KSD]
Members
306 posts
10,116 battles
20 hours ago, Drifter_X said:

Have you ever shot at a ship 10 km away and had shells land short, far, wide left, and wide right all at the same time?  Behold, the Kron.  It's almost as bad as the Italian BBs.  But so tanky (when not on fire).  I think it's skippable, and given the choice I'll always prefer alaska at t9.

Sign in to follow this