You need to play a total of 20 battles to post in this section.
OttoVonPrien

UPCOMING DOCKYARD NERFED 50% !! ?

62 comments in this topic

[KMS]
Beta Testers
384 posts
22,353 battles

The big incentive for buying out the ship at the start of the Dockyard is the reward for completing phases after getting the ship.

At first it was 400 res pts and 200 steel

then it was nerfed to 3k coal and 200 steel

just  Announced in the news the upcoming one will just 250 steel

THAT'S A BIG NERF  !!???!!!??

in the Armory 1 steel = 10 coal

so to have the same value as last time we should have 500 steel, only 50 more steel is a 50% cut

I was going to buy out the dockyard on day one,  now i have to rethink the $

wg makes a lot of $ when people buy out the dockyard anything extra they earn more missions COSTS NOTHING and is PLOWED back into the game

It's like some one took a course in how to lose money buy killing the cash cows,  IT's gotta be  MR Hyde he is always looking at how to cheat customers and turn them off from spending money on the game,  The is a strong probability I will not buy out the dockyard after all, and if I do I will be mad about being cheated and shortchanged and that will effect my spending for a long time.

0 production and development costs to reward people who  buy out the dockyard

really short term thinking on someone's part at WG.  really flunks  Eco 101

Not to late to  change the programing before the update and get my $100+

• Cool 1
  • Haha 1

[PVE]
[PVE]
Members
11,673 posts
30,005 battles
3 minutes ago, OttoVonPrien said:

The big incentive for buying out the ship at the start of the Dockyard is the reward for completing phases after getting the ship.

the upcoming one will just 250 steel

Well look on the bright side, there is little reason to spend money on Dockyard events! 

But seriously, yeah I don't get it either. Does not seem to make sense to me. If something is successful and getting players to spend doubloons/money on it, seems stupid to neuter it. From where I sit, Wargaming is experimenting with how much they can get away with before the players break out pitchforks and torches and come after them. 

• Thanks 2

[ARGSY]
Members
30,553 posts
28,064 battles
13 minutes ago, OttoVonPrien said:

the upcoming one will just 250 steel

It's not a nerf if you want steel. I'm betting they looked at their figures and saw mostly steel spent afterwards. 

The other thing you need to compare between dockyards is how much you're paying out in dubs per stage vs. how much steel you get for your buck.

• Cool 3
  • Thanks 1
  • Boring 3

[KMS]
Beta Testers
384 posts
22,353 battles
3 minutes ago, Spooooooooooooooooooooon said:

250 steel doesn't seem to me to be a "nerf".  I'd rather have steel over all other currencies

i buy out the dockyard for the bennies but we should get 300 more steel total of 500 steel for the same level of value\

1 steel = 10 coal

3k coal =300 steel

trading 3k coal for only 50 steel is not only a Big nerf but a BIG CHEAT of 250 steel

but if it seems like a good deal to you ,  give me 3000 pennies and i will give you a nice new $5 bill

after all everyone likes new $5 bills

[KMS]
Beta Testers
384 posts
22,353 battles
16 minutes ago, Ensign_Cthulhu said:

It's not a nerf if you want steel. I'm betting they looked at their figures and saw mostly steel spent afterwards. 

The other thing you need to compare between dockyards is how much you're paying out in dubs per stage vs. how much steel you get for your buck.

read the rest of my post, got posted in middle of my writing it, just added the rest of the post

WG says 1 steel = 10 coal,   so how is it not a nerf??!!

3k coal= 300 steel (in Armory)

last event we got 3k  coal and 200 steel, to have the same value we should get 500 steel total, 

getting only 250 steel is a 50% reduction in pay out

people need to do the math using WGs own system to keep them honest, this is not honest

there is no production cost , and not even a development cost to this EXTRA feature of the Docyard, dockyard is already done

with all the nice people at wg way is there always some one trying to cheat and gouge and nerf, turning customers off and their spending for a very short term profit if any.

• Haha 1

[ARGSY]
Members
30,553 posts
28,064 battles
9 minutes ago, OttoVonPrien said:

WG says 1 steel = 10 coal,   so how is it not a nerf??!!

Because you can't swap coal into steel, and what matters to a lot of people is HOW MUCH STEEL YOU GET PER STAGE.

It will not matter to those people that the other things are not also available. What they are seeing is a greater availability of steel overall.

• Cool 2
  • Meh 1

[KMS]
Beta Testers
384 posts
22,353 battles
Just now, Ensign_Cthulhu said:

Because you can't swap coal into steel, and what matters to a lot of people is HOW MUCH STEEL YOU GET PER STAGE.

It will not matter to those people that the other things are not also available. What they are seeing is a greater availability of steel overall.

BUT YOU CAN SWAP STEEL FOR COAL !!]

BE HONEST THIS IS A BIG NERF for a little extra steel.

I am sure someone at WG thinks people got too good a deal , probably Chief Hyde of the Fun Police

I am sure some people will pay anything for the extra 50 steel, and if they do steel is the right word for it

I look at total value and the total value has been nerfed 50%

• Funny 1
  • Sad 1
  • Boring 1

Members
2,645 posts

Seeing that the ship is a tier 8, arguably the most grief-stricken tier (with tier 5 a contender), it'll be an easy event to ignore.

Members
867 posts
9,353 battles

I just have zero reason to give them any money, anymore.  PR burned me once, and the CV and Skill Rebork pretty much sealed the deal for now.  Maybe this Christmas, depending on what turds they front load the crates with.

• Cool 1
  • Thanks 1

Members
34,409 posts
10,768 battles
2 minutes ago, OttoVonPrien said:

BUT YOU CAN SWAP STEEL FOR COAL !!]

You can swap doubloons for credits too.....:Smile_trollface:

• Funny 2

Supertest Coordinator
7,217 posts
14,359 battles

You can swap steel for coal, yes, but coal has much less practical value for many of us, because Coal cannot become Steel.

If this were real world currency, and steel would be equivalent to $1 bills, and coal were equivalent to Chuck E. Cheese Tokens, I'd rather get $250 outright than $200 and 3000 tokens. Sure, that's a lot of tokens, but $50 is more practical for me.

• Cool 4

[TSF]
Members
881 posts
21,161 battles

47 minutes ago, Taylor3006 said:

Wargaming is experimenting with how much they can get away with before the players break out pitchforks and torches and come after them.

It's not just the players.

Do a google search. 

[KMS]
Beta Testers
384 posts
22,353 battles

looks like a lot of people will fall for it,  I really really hope i am not one of them

the point is this is a 50% nerf in value,  and in the Armory you can buy ships for coal and ships for steel, which is the only way i spend my coal or steel

at about the 10 to one cost.  

Obviously the ships for steel only, you need steel for and if you are close that extra steel might be tempting,

I'd rather have steel also but my point is why only an extra 50 steel for the 3k coal?

It is what? about $125 to buy out the Docyard on day one? (counting the starters)

as Mad as I am now, WG is going to get $250 less of my money, than they would have, and that is just for this Dockyard

this downward trend has probably cost them (saved me ) $1000 a year

anyone at wg listening, what part of no production costs for this feature dont you understand??

Obviously someone at wg has figured out how to get people to spend less

and total $ spent is the only thing WG should be looking at

[KMS]
Beta Testers
384 posts
22,353 battles
13 minutes ago, Skpstr said:

You can swap doubloons for credits too.....:Smile_trollface:

off topic a bit  but

which by the way is not the way to go if you need credits, buy the 62 million and save a lot of $

the TOPIC is not should people want 50 more steel over coal, of if you should still buy out

the Topic is this is a value nerf, and should have been more than just the 50 steel more

[SR-_-]
Members
5,505 posts
52,502 battles
39 minutes ago, Spooooooooooooooooooooon said:

250 steel doesn't seem to me to be a "nerf".  I'd rather have steel over all other currencies

Yeah, but 50 extra steel? 

Nope. I am not that impressed at all with the Dutch Oven cruisers. So if that incentive stands, I will leave it be. The whole idea of the bundles is to save time so some players have a life, but also add the incentive of you get cool stuff in exchange if you buy in early. 

This coming dockyard really is a Dutch Oven. It smells really bad to me. 

WG could have made a lot if they sweetened the deal for early buying by adding 1000k steel and 10k coal per phase.

They would know for the first time: Exactly how many whales are in the game? 

At which point, if the answer is bleak, then WG will have to address that issue immediately. 

But if WG waits until this event drops and they don't know; then such data will hurt them later when they try other events. 

If you want an accurate revenue model, then now would be the time don't you think? 

This would of course not affect free to play community right? 

Which is it? Cater to the free to play, or the whales? That middle ground can be a slippery slope and if you don't wear a cup, someone's gonads will be crushed. 

I am sure some are on the fence, but if everyone was on the fence, then that fence will collapse and you fall either one side or the other. 

[USCC]
Members
3,869 posts
18,294 battles

Besides the less reward for grinding after completing the stages with dubs, there is the question of the missions.
How will the missions be? Will they be relatively doable in the remaining time in order to collect the steel as they have in the past?
The way the purse strings have been tightening up around here, it wouldn't surprise me at all if the missions get bumped up big time,
and much harder to complete without having to literally camp at your computer!

• Cool 1

[KMS]
Beta Testers
384 posts
22,353 battles

by the way, I am a whale over 400 ships, but i look at value, (using  WGs overpriced pricing), and if I am getting shortchanged by those sorry greedy standards, I will not spend money

I realize there are people out there who will buy -spend no matter what the price 

but how many other spenders will wg lose trying to find that upper limit and they will lose a lot of the "whales" doing it

all i can do is vote with my $,  but since whoever is call the shots on this would flunk ECO 101, I don't hold out much hope for the future

Members
5,055 posts
14,302 battles

I always thought that buying out Dockyard stages for the extra rewards was one of the worst ways to spend actual money on this game, but this is not a 'nerf,' it's just a change that will have different subjective values to each person. Plenty of people will value 50 extra steel per stage more than they will value 400 RB points or 3,000 coal. The value is wholly subjective. If it's not valuable to you? Don't buy it. I won't.

[-TRM-]
Members
5,566 posts

This is one dockyard I intend to pass.

The grindy missions, some of which will fill in a few stages over time.  However the ship will not be part of my Port, no spending is expected in Dollars.

In the past several dockyards I whaled it. All of them. HOWEVER this dockyard is a hard pass. As in NYET.. NO. etc. Nothing about it is sufficiently attractive.

The money is not the problem. The bank overflows in dollars.

Edited by xHeavy

[PVE]
Members
17,083 posts
38,415 battles

The OP is right. It is a net nerf to duplicate compensation. In past dockyards you got more steel or steel + other stuff. You are getting less and less duplicate compensation each dockyard. @Taylor3006 is right. WG seems to be trying to find the breaking point where they can make it as expensive as possible while giving as little as possible but that is their norm and they have been doing that for a couple years now with everything be it $$$ items or free items you grind. 

Now, for the upcoming one in 10.7 the phase buy cost is down a bit to 1500 Doubloons and you only need to buy 3 phases to get the ship. That is cheaper than the last couple dockyards (Hizen and ZF6). This dockyard will be a bit cheaper than the last two but it is a T8 ship (think this matches up pretty much with what Anchorage/Odin were more or less).

So the dockyard cost itself if you grind out what you can and only buy the minimum needed is about avg for past T8 ships but for sure the duplicate compensation if you buy it out is down and it has been going down every dockyard. It's like snowflakes at Christmas. The 1st year the rewards were awesome and now they are going down.

• Cool 3
  • Meh 1

[PVE]
Members
17,083 posts
38,415 battles
6 minutes ago, OttoVonPrien said:

by the way, I am a whale over 400 ships, but i look at value, (using  WGs overpriced pricing), and if I am getting shortchanged by those sorry greedy standards, I will not spend money

I realize there are people out there who will buy -spend no matter what the price 

but how many other spenders will wg lose trying to find that upper limit and they will lose a lot of the "whales" also

Whale with 400+ ships here too. Bought out every dockyard until ZF6 where it was too expensive and the compensation rewards had been reduced too much for what I had to pay. The upcoming dockyard will be a hard pass for me too because of the reduced duplicate compensation AND because these Dutch Cruiser suck so bad I just can't buy a premium one no matter what else the $$$ might buy (steel).

• Cool 1

[EFEME]
Members
1,571 posts
18,322 battles
1 hour ago, Spooooooooooooooooooooon said:

This^^^

[KMS]
Beta Testers
384 posts
22,353 battles

speaking of Christmas, I spend half what I used to, because of all the closed "loop holes", a few $100 less

PS i am retired and too old (or smart? or just not willing to put up with the grief) to throw money away on wild women, so i was throwing it at WG since WOT came out, switching to WOW when this came out, time to find something else ?

probably when wg jumps the shark with subs