Sign in to follow this  
You need to play a total of 20 battles to post in this section.
tm63au

Why Would People In There Right Mind Play RANK

54 comments in this topic

[UNHLY]
Members
3,495 posts
26,658 battles

Once Again I had a moment of madness and hit the rank button and once again it was the same stupidity time and time again.

Got in a game where we took two caps , enemy took the third we only had to control B cap and let them come to us and destroy them if they wanted to win.

But no our team just could not help themselves, first a BB pushed it was focused and sunk, then a DD then another BB  then a cruiser sailed broadside, sunk.

We still had two caps amazingly, then a BB sail off sailed off to have duel with another BB and got focused by now I'm being focused and pushed out of B and finally sunk.

Its "oh look I have a BB I'm invincible I can just fire my guns I cant be sunk " or " I'm a DD I can charge and sink any ship  I'm unsinkable " or "I'm a cruiser i can sail broadside I cant be damaged ".

This game hurts to play

Edited by tm63au
  • Cool 1
  • Funny 2
  • Boring 2

[WOOKY]
[WOOKY]
Members
684 posts
13,567 battles

You're saying this like Randoms don't have the exact same thing occur. I play ranked almost exclusively in solo matches.

Ranked are smaller teams, so I feel I can have a more direct input in the outcome of the match. Easier to carry 6 spuds than 11.

Match rewards are equivalent to randoms and I get steel and dubs.

Generally less campy game play.

Spuds gonna spud, no matter what game mode you play.

Oh and I never try to advance past silver and only put a little effort to make it past bronze.

• Cool 4

[O_O]
[O_O]
Members
5,804 posts
24,966 battles

It ain't all that bad. I only farm the 600 steel available in Bronze then stop. Usually get to Rank 4 and that is more than fine.

Take your medicine in smaller doses @tm63au!

• Cool 6

[SLI]
Beta Testers, In AlfaTesters
9,547 posts

Today is the day that I will have Bourgogne, after the new sprint comes online.   A little of it came from the dailies every day, a little of it came from some whaling of a dockyard but most of it came from clan battles and ranked. In about 6-7 months, I will have the next steel ship that I want and just like this one, most of it will come from clan battles and ranked.

Not to mention that ranked is fun sometimes.  Not all the time, I don't try hard and go for rank one in gold or anything, but in moderation, it's fun.

• Cool 1

[SR-_-]
Members
5,021 posts
46,907 battles
2 hours ago, tm63au said:

Once Again I had a moment of madness and hit the rank button and once again it was the same stupidity time and time again.

Got in a game where we took two caps , enemy took the third we only had to control B cap and let them come to us and destroy them if they wanted to win.

But no our team just could not help themselves, first a BB pushed it was focused and sunk, then a DD then another BB  then a cruiser sailed broadside, sunk.

We still had two caps amazingly, then a BB sail off sailed off to have duel with another BB and got focused by now I'm being focused and pushed out of B and finally sunk.

Its "oh look I have a BB I'm invincible I can just fire my guns I cant be sunk " or " I'm a DD I can charge and sink any ship  I'm unsinkable " or "I'm a cruiser i can sail broadside I cant be damaged ".

This game hurts to play

I have found that it is no point in asking why either. You can ask any of those players why and nothing but silence.

Nothing is more frustrating than complete lack of communication or team work.

PvP is the realm of self inflicted harm.

Well, that's my opinion anyway.

• Cool 1

[TDR]
[TDR]
Members
1,337 posts
14,259 battles

I enjoyed ranked first most reasons mentioned already. More control over the outcome, faster games generally which means similar rewards for less time plus some steel

[USMC-]
Members
387 posts
9,783 battles

After I farm out the 18 wins in silver ranked I try to go back to randoms to play some different ships but I think the play there is even worse. The xp and credit earning is just as good in ranked as well so I find myself splitting my time there as I work on a couple of t9 grinds.

• Cool 1

[-MN-]
Members
121 posts
5,623 battles
1 hour ago, Burnsy said:

Today is the day that I will have Bourgogne, after the new sprint comes online

I guess i will have mine in about a week! 

1 hour ago, Burnsy said:

most of it came from clan battles and ranked. 

Most from ranked here.

1 hour ago, Burnsy said:

Not to mention that ranked is fun sometimes.  Not all the time, I don't try hard and go for rank one in gold or anything, but in moderation, it's fun.

Thats it

7 minutes ago, cthuhulu said:

After I farm out the 18 wins in silver ranked I try to go back to randoms to play some different ships

Same here

[-TRM-]
[-TRM-]
Members
4,086 posts

Make sure you add the engine boost 30% upgrade from Armory. Its normal engine boost is time short. The Bourgogne is a good ship but just remember not to push your nose into destroyers. They will just farm you by torps and LOLHAHA you while you sink.

I am burned out on Ranked. I cannot touch or look at it anymore. Not before its tossed and a new format put in. And sick of steel.

[-TKS-]
[-TKS-]
Members
1,377 posts
14,222 battles

I miss old ranked. I am in gold, but Silver is the best league.

people getting salty in new ranked makes me laugh, as if any of it matters anymore. there are a few salty Karen(s) in gold, and not enough players playing in gold, so every game its the same players.... as a result, every game has a Karen.  

4 hours ago, tm63au said:

I had a moment of madness

welcome to the asylum. 

[SALVO]
Members
9,501 posts
6,975 battles

Why Would People In There Right Mind Play RANK

Why not?... Steel, Dubs, shiny Camos & EZ wins... Yes, Ranked is a much easier version of Randoms... Unless you are the weak link yourself, fewer people to carry you.

[WOLFG]
Members
800 posts
15,788 battles
3 hours ago, Khafni said:

It ain't all that bad. I only farm the 600 steel available in Bronze then stop. Usually get to Rank 4 and that is more than fine.

Take your medicine in smaller doses @tm63au!

It's what I do as well. Only made it to rank 5 though, lol. And did get the camo and doubloons after the 12th win.

Members
697 posts
8,735 battles
41 minutes ago, MnemonScarlet said:

Because it's less garbage than Randoms.

Not really. I see the exact same thing in ranked as I do randoms.  And I see many people grinding new ships/captains, in ranked, as to not affect their stats in randoms. etc.  Anymore, I dabble a little then go play something else.

[NMKJT]
Members
3,381 posts
8,585 battles
19 minutes ago, Valas1 said:

Not really. I see the exact same thing in ranked as I do randoms.  And I see many people grinding new ships/captains, in ranked, as to not affect their stats in randoms. etc.  Anymore, I dabble a little then go play something else.

There's fewer of them, so even with the same playerbase your influence is greatly increased in a match. So as long as all 6 other guys aren't that much more worthless than the opposing 7, you matter way more there.

I ground out a t6 cruiser (Trento) and then most of a t7 one (Zara), and it was way easier than it would've been in randoms.

Edited by MnemonScarlet
  • Cool 1

[TSF]
Members
601 posts
15,796 battles

There is a credible argument that no reasonable player would play this game for any period of time.

There is a credible argument that no reasonable person would use harmful, addictive drugs for any period of time. 

But people do both.

And for the same reason. 

[WOLFG]
Members
34,394 posts
10,709 battles
5 hours ago, SteelRain_Rifleman said:

PvP is the realm of self inflicted harm.

No different from most other things in life I enjoy.....:Smile_trollface:

[-K-]
Beta Testers
204 posts
5,162 battles
1 hour ago, MnemonScarlet said:

There's fewer of them, so even with the same playerbase your influence is greatly increased in a match. So as long as all 6 other guys aren't that much more worthless than the opposing 7, you matter way more there.

This is pretty much why I exclusively play ranked anymore. Randoms are suffering.

• Cool 1

Members
811 posts
10,893 battles

preferential matchmaking in ranked is great for grinding bad ships, you get free stuff per win, and games go faster than random battles with about the same xp. what's not to like? 👍

[KSD]
Members
302 posts
10,114 battles
27 minutes ago, 4HizensTotalLandscaping said:

preferential matchmaking in ranked is great for grinding bad ships, you get free stuff per win, and games go faster than random battles with about the same xp. what's not to like? 👍

I'm grinding my Drake via ranked right now.  It's slightly less painful than doing it in randoms.  Plus every win is 66 steel, so there's that.

• Cool 1

[WPE-2]
Members
178 posts
1,272 battles

Old rank system is better then the garbage we have now . It also go to show you the old system wasn't the issue . You have people still struggling to rank out now who were also complaining with the old setup

[RYNO]
Members
99 posts
8,750 battles

Why would you NOT play ranked?

I seldom play randoms anymore.

Edited by Furia__

Members
1,781 posts
38 minutes ago, Ceesa said:

I'm grinding my Drake via ranked right now.  It's slightly less painful than doing it in randoms.  Plus every win is 66 steel, so there's that. 

Indeed, my plan for the next sprint. Ranked being randoms but 7v7 with fixed tiers is quite nice for grinds. More fun than randoms any day.

Members
31 posts
947 battles

Steel is the only reason. Play it till you get the max wins for Steel and stop.

well, it is better than Brawl. talk about a silly game mode.

Edited by xxBigbacon
  • Cool 1

Sign in to follow this