44 posts
151 battles

Edited by Burakkuauto
  • Cool 1

[PSP]
[PSP]
Members
15,747 posts

"Weird Al" and his band are darn good musicians and singers in their own right, even though they are most known for their humorous parodies. Although a few stuck up entertainers have had issues with their material being parodied, others have said that they finally knew they were a success when Weird Al covered their song. The artist who wrote the original song upon which "White and Nerdy" was based said that without the notoriety he received from Weird Al's parody he'd probably have never received a Grammy for it.

Mark Knopfler and Guy Fletcher of Dire Straights actually played on Weird Al's parody of Money for Nothing.

[WOLF3]
Members
568 posts

I read that Kurt Cobain said he knew Nirvana had made it when Weird Al parodied Smells Like Teen Spirit. Apparently Dave Growl is a huge fan. I also read that Bob Dylan considers Weird Al a master lyricist because of how he structures his songs.

Guy belongs in the Hall of Fame TBH. I love "Dare to be Stupid" I told Bekah that is her theme song. 

[PSP]
[PSP]
Members
15,747 posts

Parodies are fun. If you haven't seen them, here are a few that I wrote based on instances in the game.

[WOLF9]
Wiki Lead, Privateers
16,625 posts
4,774 battles

How did I get in this thread ?  Let me out !

304431219_duckhonkSD.gif.2c4b9c3966059873f3d90cc56d9f4bc7.gif

Sign in to follow this