You need to play a total of 20 battles to post in this section.
WoWsNewsBot

Developer Bulletin for Update 0.10.7

192 comments in this topic

[WOLFC]
Members
3,421 posts
12,122 battles

MO returning is a welcome bit of news.

The manner in which subs are being tested in Ranked - not so much.

Edited by Nevermore135
  • Cool 3
  • Meh 2

Members
48 posts
13,627 battles

''In the forthcoming update, flag_USA_dd9fc06d19a8638f4077ab2fe200d22 premium_1d0cabf1997104fd727039ab9c098192IX Missouri's base economic capabilities will be brought into line with other Tier IX Premium ships.''

So the 'new' on sale Mighty Mo's earning capacity has been 'nerfed' to be more inline with other premium tier 9's? 

''Furthermore, it was often not the ship’s specifications and gameplay, but her excessive profitability that became the determining factor for players deciding which ship to take into battle. This resulted in some Captains playing flag_USA_dd9fc06d19a8638f4077ab2fe200d22 premium_1d0cabf1997104fd727039ab9c098192IX Missouri more often than they planned.''

Yes, but thats why people like her so much. She was effective in battle and earned good credits. Dear lord WG, you give something but damn you always take something away from us in return.

Edited by Armadio
  • Cool 5
  • Meh 6

[KWF]
Members
6,732 posts
7,321 battles

At least it's not an auction piece, though I have to say some explanations have to be given credit earnings wise and how much the permanent mission will balance it out.

Edited by warheart1992

[NINE]
Members
158 posts
11,908 battles

Remember how Missouri was supposed to be a thing for dedicated players to slowly grind up to and earn, that you didn't have to rush to get because it would always be there?

Well screw you playerbase! We aren't even going to pretend that it's something to earn anymore, because it ain't even available for FXP anymore, gotta buy doubloons to get it!

Are they afraid of the backlash if they made it 250k FXP more expensive to bring it in line with their new standard? Or is it just the usual naked greed, because they know Missouri has a reputation for being desirable, so they figure people will jump at the chance to pay real money for one?

Also, that corporate propaganda doublespeak reason for removing Missouri in the first place is just hilarious.

Oh, it was just soooo good at grinding credits that people were playing it more than they wanted to, and we, who only care about the player of course, wanted them to play the ships they wanted to instead of just slave away with Missouri grinding credits, so we removed it. To protect you, the precious player.

Bull.

Is WG forgetting that they control every aspect of how much credits players make? You guys realize that if everyone loved Missouri's credit modifier so much, you could have just applied that to EVERY ship without breaking your promises, yes? Or just made everything cheaper so that players didn't have to grind credits in the first place, yes?

But you didn't, because you don't give a crap about what players want to play. In fact, the real reason you removed Missouri is the exact opposite of what you said, Missouri ENABLED people to play what they wanted, because you can't play what you want without credits to pay for it.

Make your self serving business decisions, it's what we all expect from you, but at least have the decency not to urinate on us and tell us it's raining.

Edited by isssm
  • Cool 22
  • Funny 2
  • Thanks 2
  • Boring 1
  • Meh 3

[WOLFC]
Members
3,421 posts
12,122 battles
13 minutes ago, Armadio said:

''In the forthcoming update, flag_USA_dd9fc06d19a8638f4077ab2fe200d22 premium_1d0cabf1997104fd727039ab9c098192IX Missouri's base economic capabilities will be brought into line with other Tier IX Premium ships.''

So Mighty Mo's earning capacity has been 'nerfed' to be more inline with other premium tier 9's? 

''Furthermore, it was often not the ship’s specifications and gameplay, but her excessive profitability that became the determining factor for players deciding which ship to take into battle. This resulted in some Captains playing flag_USA_dd9fc06d19a8638f4077ab2fe200d22 premium_1d0cabf1997104fd727039ab9c098192IX Missouri more often than they planned.''

Yes, but thats why people like her so much. She was effective in battle and earned good credits. Dear lord WG, you give something but damn you always take something away from us in return.

:Smile_facepalm: 

From the article (emphasis mine).

“In the forthcoming update,  IX Missouri's base economic capabilities will be brought into line with other Tier IX Premium ships. Players who already own the ship at the moment Update 0.10.7 goes live will, on average, earn the same number of Credits as before—a permanent combat mission that applies an economic bonus to all battles will maintain the ship’s economic value for everyone who owned Missouri prior to this change.”

• Cool 3
  • Meh 2

[TAZ]
Members
943 posts

In the past according to previous dockyard events if you completed the construction with doubloons, you received coal or research points and 200 steel; in this one you only receive 250 steel.  What gives WG

If you complete the construction of flag_Germany_18970d883c7758b53538983bd09premium_9ffc494df739f989c98f2dd3a4e40887IX ZF-6 by spending Doubloons, make sure to keep completing Dockyard combat missions—each phase will bring you 3,000 Coal and 200 Steel.

If you decide to complete construction of the ship at the Dockyard by using doubloons, you can still progress through the Directives. In that case, you'll get 600 Research Points for each completed phase instead of the standard rewards.

If you complete the construction of flag_Japan_740b57e1da9b5d3fe46b61e09e3dcpremium_1d0cabf1997104fd727039ab9c098192IX Hizen by spending doubloons, make sure to keep progressing through the Dockyard combat missions anyway—completing each phase will bring you 400 Research Points and 200 Steel.

Missouri credit nerf, how will they be able to insure that all who had Missouri before .0.10.7 receive the credit amounts received previously

Edited by Nutaz
  • Cool 3

Members
48 posts
13,627 battles
1 minute ago, Nevermore135 said:

:Smile_facepalm: 

From the article (emphasis mine).

“In the forthcoming update,  IX Missouri's base economic capabilities will be brought into line with other Tier IX Premium ships. Players who already own the ship at the moment Update 0.10.7 goes live will, on average, earn the same number of Credits as before—a permanent combat mission that applies an economic bonus to all battles will maintain the ship’s economic value for everyone who owned Missouri prior to this change.”

So players who buy it when it goes on sale will have a different earning scale than those that bought it originally? Am i reading this wrong?

• Cool 3

[NINE]
Members
158 posts
11,908 battles
8 minutes ago, warheart1992 said:

At least it's not an auction piece, though I have to say some explanations have to be given credit earnings wise and how much the permanent mission will balance it out.

Sounds simple in theory.

Missouri supposedly had a 2x built in multiplier.

Reduce it to 1x, offer a permanent 100% mission, done.

In practice, you're going to get screwed, because the mission won't be multiplied by flags and camos, and WG isn't going to make the modifier more than 100% to basically give you half a free fulll set of flags every match.

• Cool 9

[AR15]
Members
36 posts
27,315 battles

Ranked is cancerous enough without you ramming submarines down our throats.

Do any of your devs actually play this game, or do you just check the almighty spreadsheet for the best way to scam money out of people and push that agenda?

• Cool 8
  • Funny 2
  • Thanks 2

[WOLFC]
Members
3,421 posts
12,122 battles
9 minutes ago, Armadio said:

So players who buy it when it goes on sale will have a different earning scale than those that bought it originally? Am i reading this wrong?

Yes and no.

The ship is going to have her credit earning modified to be the same as other tier IX premium ships. This will apply to all MOs, and everyone’s MO will be identical.

However, those who already own the ship are going to get a new permanent combat mission that will give extra credits in all MO battles to make up the difference.

So, there will effectively be no change for those that already have the ship prior to 0.10.7. New owners will earn less than old owners, but the ships will technically be the same.

It’s an elegant solution to get around the issue, I’ll give WG that.

Edited by Nevermore135
  • Cool 4
  • Meh 4

[TNP66]
[TNP66]
Beta Testers
2,554 posts
6,522 battles

I smell something rotten in Denmark for them to be bring back Missouri. If you remember iearlygrey he mentions something actively going on with the us  and eu governments looking into Wargaming. It was always said among us older players that Wargaming bringing back Missouri meant that Wargaming was in dire straits. I hope that I am wrong.

• Cool 1
  • Boring 1
  • Meh 2

[KWF]
Members
6,732 posts
7,321 battles
12 minutes ago, isssm said:

Sounds simple in theory.

Missouri supposedly had a 2x built in multiplier.

Reduce it to 1x, offer a permanent 100% mission, done.

In practice, you're going to get screwed, because the mission won't be multiplied by flags and camos, and WG isn't going to make the modifier more than 100% to basically give you half a free fulll set of flags every match.

That's pretty ominous. To be honest if WG wanted to offer "Missouri", they could have made an exact copy, call it New Jersey, give it a unique camo and be done with it. Existing Mo owners won't be paranoid, and you can get the same ship gameplay wise.

But what am I saying....

Edited by warheart1992
  • Cool 7
  • Thanks 2

[PVE]
[PVE]
Members
10,426 posts
26,907 battles
2 minutes ago, Nevermore135 said:

Yes and no.

The ship is going to have her credit earning modified to be the same as other tier IX ships. This will apply to all MOs, and everyone’s MO will be identical.

However, those who already own the ship are going to get a new permanent combat mission that will give extra credits in all MO battles to make up the difference.

So, there will effectively be no change for those that already have ship prior to 0.10.7. New owners will earn less than old owners, by the ships will technically be the same.

Not an elegant solution, more of just the easiest path and now all of us who own MO are going to get to look at another stupid mission in perpetuity. The better solution would be to bake in the credit earnings boost into the perm camo and not the damn ship itself like the FXP boost in the Tarnanstrich camo for Tirpitz. That way you can sell the MO with another perm camo and maybe later on make the credit earnings boost camo part of a promotion or reward for campaign should you want to change it up. It is lazy and ill thought out. 

• Cool 8

[FHC_]
Members
162 posts
17,274 battles

It's good to see Missouri come back. Really stupid to change the base stats and have two Missouri's. A secret one, and a normal one. (or a special mission or whatever ridiculous, shallow, compromise you could come up with, with your insane marketing department) So dumb and confusing. Just like all the other one-off secret rules no one can see, and undermises EULA so you don't have to dish out refunds. Just sell the dang ship for more doubloons and be done with it. You already sold Puerto Rico for $300, and you already have a plethora of resources including: "Doubloons", "recruiting station points" (or now converted to community tokens), ship XP, Commander XP, Free XP, Commander Elite XP, Coal, Steel, Oil, Research Bureau Points, confusing coupons as well as the current event's special tokens, as well as the previous event's token, plus about half a dozen different types of ranked tokens, and you're worried about silver credits? Get over yourselves. How about instead of a huge list of explanations, we condense all resources ingame into a single resource, and then you will have something to complain about with the Missouri dishing out too much. Power creep has gotten so bad, I get more credits in Georgia anyway. Also, unless subs are deployed behind enemy lines, and a direct counter for CVs and nothing else, I will be skipping ranked and probably not play the game all together during this time. Tell Victor he needs to keep his capitalistic profitability expectations on a historical game under control. History can only expand so much before people get sick of fantasy. So much potential, so much wasted opportunity on a ship where the signing of the war was officially ended. Stinks of desperation. But why?

Edited by i_like_science
  • Cool 3

[-GDP-]
[-GDP-]
Members
21 posts
21,885 battles

in my opinion and remember everyone is entitled to thier opinion you are making the game way to complicated this old man just wants to BLOW thing up

• Cool 11

Members
48 posts
13,627 battles
15 minutes ago, Nevermore135 said:

Yes and no.

The ship is going to have her credit earning modified to be the same as other tier IX premium ships. This will apply to all MOs, and everyone’s MO will be identical.

So, there will effectively be no change for those that already have the ship prior to 0.10.7. New owners will earn less than old owners, but the ships will technically be the same.

Thank you for the explanation to my suspicion. Tbh i was only interested in the credit earning potential of the MO, not its particular style or gameplay or historic nostalgia. I have enough premium 9's already but if one earned more than the others (Like my JB) i might have made an exception. Many kind regards

[SVF]
Members
2,024 posts
2,476 battles

Players who already own the ship at the moment Update 0.10.7 goes live will, on average, earn the same number of Credits as before—a permanent combat mission that applies an economic bonus to all battles will maintain the ship’s economic value for everyone who owned Missouri prior to this change.

I do not like this idea at all.  "On average" just means it's not going to be nearly as consistent earnings-wise as she currently is, and screws over the older players who put in the effort to acquire her.  Cloning the ship and changing the credit modifier on that one alone would have been better.

• Cool 2
  • Meh 1

[OMH]
Members
161 posts
4,811 battles
34 minutes ago, warheart1992 said:

If you don't know or maybe you do know, but the permanent mission is for the people who had Missouri already, not for the people who buy it with doubloons.

[WOLFC]
Members
3,421 posts
12,122 battles
8 minutes ago, Taylor3006 said:

The better solution would be to bake in the credit earnings boost into the perm camo and not the damn ship itself like the FXP boost in the Tarnanstrich camo for Tirpitz.

The argument that has been raised against this in the past is that users would no longer be able to stack the (currently baked in) credit bonus with the benefits of a consumable camo.

[KWF]
Members
6,732 posts
7,321 battles
Just now, Itsj_p said:

If you don't know or maybe you do know, but the permanent mission is for the people who had Missouri already, not for the people who buy it with doubloons.

I'm aware. What I'm saying is that unless the mission manages to sufficiently simulate the earnings of Missouri before the profitability nerf, the older players will lose once again.

[OMH]
Members
161 posts
4,811 battles

It's not fair in the first place to make a ship earn that many credits, just because someone bought it with money, it unbalances the game.

• Haha 2

[OMH]
Members
161 posts
4,811 battles
Just now, warheart1992 said:

I'm aware. What I'm saying is that unless the mission manages to sufficiently simulate the earnings of Missouri before the profitability nerf, the older players will lose once again.

All they did was remove the high credit-earning multiplier and added it to a perm combat mission for players who already have it.

Members
48 posts
13,627 battles
25 minutes ago, Nutaz said:

In the past according to previous dockyard events if you completed the construction with doubloons, you received coal or research points and 200 steel; in this one you only receive 250 steel.  What gives WG

If you complete the construction of flag_Germany_18970d883c7758b53538983bd09premium_9ffc494df739f989c98f2dd3a4e40887IX ZF-6 by spending Doubloons, make sure to keep completing Dockyard combat missions—each phase will bring you 3,000 Coal and 200 Steel.

If you decide to complete construction of the ship at the Dockyard by using doubloons, you can still progress through the Directives. In that case, you'll get 600 Research Points for each completed phase instead of the standard rewards.

If you complete the construction of flag_Japan_740b57e1da9b5d3fe46b61e09e3dcpremium_1d0cabf1997104fd727039ab9c098192IX Hizen by spending doubloons, make sure to keep progressing through the Dockyard combat missions anyway—completing each phase will bring you 400 Research Points and 200 Steel.

Missouri credit nerf, how will they be able to insure that all who had Missouri before .0.10.7 receive the credit amounts received previously

The credit nerf is what takes away the main advantage of the ship. I'm not disparaging the nostalgia Americans have for such a historic masterpiece of war engineering, I just wanted the built in credit making potential. Oh well, nothing lost, nothing gained. Also, completing each phase allows for a total of 14,400 RP. Might be handy for those on the brink of completing a RP grind a bit early or its a significant chunk towards a legendary module. 

Members
48 posts
13,627 battles
20 minutes ago, landedkiller said:

I smell something rotten in Denmark for them to be bring back Missouri. If you remember iearlygrey he mentions something actively going on with the us  and eu governments looking into Wargaming. It was always said among us older players that Wargaming bringing back Missouri meant that Wargaming was in dire straits. I hope that I am wrong.

You worried its a last hurrah grift before the lights go out? To be fair, iearlgrey has a point about the investigation but i wouldn't be unduly concerned.