Sign in to follow this  
You need to play a total of 20 battles to post in this section.
Hukom

Thunderer

4 comments in this topic

[FRR]
Members
1,044 posts
17,989 battles

I learned something during the course of this Random Battle: the center position on the Greece map in World of Warships can be particularly well-suited to maintain the concealment of a battleship even after firing. I think the trick is knowing where to fire without losing that. I reviewed the replay and then decided to make this video. This was also the first time I saw a Nakhimov in battle. 

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=74368Z-PqPE

[-TRM-]
[-TRM-]
Members
4,090 posts

We do that all the time. I love to consider the line of sight before opening fire on a enormous BB that will put a target on me for all Red team in the game.

I also consider briefly who can return fire and angle as necessary before shooting. To minimize what damage I get back in return.

What I cannot do is see a DD anywhere. So eat torps and die. Dozens of torps. Now if any potato DD opens with guns revealing him or herself? he or she is deleted as soon I can set up the shoot. Or not because he or she has already fired torps a few minutes ago and I have not seen them inbound either. (I would have changed course and speed too if have the time.)

What I loved the very best is picking a suitable land. Get there. Then wait in ambush. Enemy BB's sometimes 5 of them beach on the other side 1Km away. Come out around and when they viusally understand the new attack underway I would have done some damage.

Wows was patched some time ago so that if I try that again and any red is on the other side of that land less than 2Km I am auto detected with a huge triangle and no chance of ambush. Now I have a problem and brought that onto myself.

With such game mechanics helping those too stupid to comprehend their impending death by assassination.... there is no way.

Edited by xHeavy

[KSD]
Members
302 posts
10,114 battles

Thanks for sharing your replay, Hukom.  You've hidden your stats so I don't know how useful this feedback is going to be, and maybe this is just the cruiser main in me peeking out, but if you're going to take a middle position like that, why not position yourself nose-away to kite in case things get really bad before you open fire?  The enemy team doesn't always behave the way you want, and you might not be able to block line of sight with those islands unless you get too close to them.  Better to drift away from the battle than towards it.  Also, I know it's a Thunderer, but there were a few times when AP would have been a much better ammo choice.  I run gun feeder on my thunderer and get quite a lot of use out of it.  Consider giving it a shot - it's really worth it for just one point, in my opinion.

One of the biggest benefits of taking the central position is that you tend to get the broadside of the ships on each flank, and you should absolutely be using AP to punish those. 

[FRR]
Members
1,044 posts
17,989 battles
On 7/20/2021 at 9:34 PM, Ceesa said:

Thanks for sharing your replay, Hukom.  You've hidden your stats so I don't know how useful this feedback is going to be, and maybe this is just the cruiser main in me peeking out, but if you're going to take a middle position like that, why not position yourself nose-away to kite in case things get really bad before you open fire?  The enemy team doesn't always behave the way you want, and you might not be able to block line of sight with those islands unless you get too close to them.  Better to drift away from the battle than towards it.  Also, I know it's a Thunderer, but there were a few times when AP would have been a much better ammo choice.  I run gun feeder on my thunderer and get quite a lot of use out of it.  Consider giving it a shot - it's really worth it for just one point, in my opinion.

One of the biggest benefits of taking the central position is that you tend to get the broadside of the ships on each flank, and you should absolutely be using AP to punish those. 

Thanks too, for taking time to comment. I'll definitely take note of your suggestions. Cheers!

On 7/20/2021 at 5:50 PM, xHeavy said:

What I loved the very best is picking a suitable land. Get there. Then wait in ambush. Enemy BB's sometimes 5 of them beach on the other side 1Km away. Come out around and when they visually understand the new attack underway I would have done some damage.

I sometimes do that, although I tend not to wait for long especially when in those battles when I'm the only BB on our flank. Thanks!

Sign in to follow this