You need to play a total of 20 battles to post in this section.
xHeavy

Whirr click....

6 comments in this topic

[-TRM-]
[-TRM-]
Members
4,092 posts

The little cute turret sound whirr click every time you adjust your aimpoint.

If WOWS and WG seeks quality in the game they need to scrap that crappy sound.

I had a lightbulb today when I saw the big BB turrets going whirr click like a old 50's toy driven by electricity. 500 ton objects do not whirr click whirr click constantly. They rumble at a very low pitch which increases and fades over time as the Plot changes the aim point in real life.

Whirr click. A subtle sign of neglect on WG's part in maintaining a good quality game experience for some of us who care.

• Haha 1
  • Meh 1

[GWG]
[GWG]
Alpha Tester
28,473 posts
14,971 battles

Of all the things that you could complain about it is this? Also if a ship has director controlled guns it is likely that there would be a notice that the guns are aimed towards the selected target angle and range.

[WOLF1]
Members
1,153 posts
2,229 battles
1 hour ago, xHeavy said:

I had a lightbulb today when I saw the big BB turrets going whirr click like a old 50's toy driven by electricity. 500 ton objects do not whirr click whirr click constantly. They rumble at a very low pitch which increases and fades over time as the Plot changes the aim point in real life.

Whirr click. A subtle sign of neglect on WG's part in maintaining a good quality game experience for some of us who care.

Think about this. Maybe WOWs is not simulating real life warships, but merely simulating an RC model warship. The third person view you get is through Camera mounted in multiple positions, such as a camera on the bridge or behind the ship.

The whirs and click are turret motors driving the turret, and the explosion when every ship sinks  is due to the battery exploding from short circuiting when the water rushes in.

This also explains the unrealistic engagement scenarios, ranges, weather, and consumables. It explains why there is no crew manning and loading the guns, and why there are no lifeboats int eh water after a ship sinks.

Therefore, WOWS is realistic and unrealistic at the same time

[-TRM-]
[-TRM-]
Members
4,092 posts
7 hours ago, BrushWolf said:

Of all the things that you could complain about it is this? Also if a ship has director controlled guns it is likely that there would be a notice that the guns are aimed towards the selected target angle and range.

I used to be able to access the sound files on disk that is accessed by game core program during game play and have my own sounds in it.

This game is all stock. I do not touch it that way.

I spent years enduring the annoying whirr click until enough is enough. Am working on adjusting the audio to minimize that particular effect as it has no ability to my enjoyment of the game in battle.

If Complaining is all you can see then we do not have very much to go on together. Typical of so many forumites here choosing to attack or pick on me over a complaining behavior rather than address the specific issue of the poor sound effect.

The other poster has it right in the end. The game is both crappy and not crappy so Frankly who gives a damn about whirr click. If you as a Population want to wallow in such filth then be my guest.

What I see is a chance to insert a few sound files into various ship classes to make the expected turret sounds tolerable and somewhat enjoyable. It would be such a easy fix as to make anyone who has ever played with files in building a game but a few minutes work. The neglect by WG to do so while they patch the glaring behavior of the player base and nerf the rest in tiny degrees is nonsensical.

[GWG]
[GWG]
Alpha Tester
28,473 posts
14,971 battles
7 hours ago, xHeavy said:

I used to be able to access the sound files on disk that is accessed by game core program during game play and have my own sounds in it.

This game is all stock. I do not touch it that way.

I spent years enduring the annoying whirr click until enough is enough. Am working on adjusting the audio to minimize that particular effect as it has no ability to my enjoyment of the game in battle.

If Complaining is all you can see then we do not have very much to go on together. Typical of so many forumites here choosing to attack or pick on me over a complaining behavior rather than address the specific issue of the poor sound effect.

The other poster has it right in the end. The game is both crappy and not crappy so Frankly who gives a damn about whirr click. If you as a Population want to wallow in such filth then be my guest.

What I see is a chance to insert a few sound files into various ship classes to make the expected turret sounds tolerable and somewhat enjoyable. It would be such a easy fix as to make anyone who has ever played with files in building a game but a few minutes work. The neglect by WG to do so while they patch the glaring behavior of the player base and nerf the rest in tiny degrees is nonsensical.

My comment was really a question because there are many more important issues to worry about and sound ques are very important in computer games. I am sorry that you don't like it but I bet most like having the notice.

[HC]
[HC]
Beta Testers
3,725 posts
13,410 battles
15 hours ago, xHeavy said:

Actually, with how well fitted the gears in turrets are, they're not going to rumble. Smooth movement is essential for accuracy, especially with directors  On actual enclosed gun mounts, they're gonna be more or less silent if you're not in the gun mount. Inside the mount all you will hear is the electric motor or the hydraulic pump running. Most vibration is effectively dampened by the mass of the turret.

On an open gun mount they're not going to make much noise either, especially in comparison to amount of noise a ship underway makes.

Mostly, what you will hear on the outside of the ship, is the crew banging around, the water moving past the hull, and a lot of wind noise. On a really small ship with a TFE plant, you might hear the engine, or if the screws are close to or breaking the surface, you'll hear them too.