Sign in to follow this  
You need to play a total of 20 battles to post in this section.
Done_Dirt_Cheap

Tulip Torture

15 comments in this topic

[DDDDC]
Members
132 posts
709 battles

OK, I did it.

Got all three of the "freebie" Dutch cruisers.  The De Ruyter I got a few weeks ago when I happened to be doing a lot of shipping on Amazon (Thanks guys!).  And today i finished off the Dutch combat missions for the Celebus and the Kijkduin.  Took me 30 matches today .... UGG!  And my stats probably suffered a bit as I was forced to play outside my wheelhouse to get those last bunch of kills.  Was damn hilarious though doing a match in my Iron Duke, using only HE and getting 90K dmg with 16 fires set :Smile_izmena:

I even took a break and did my first ever Operation (Raptor Rescue) with my Guepard.  I had absolutely no idea what the heck was going on and what I was supposed to do. I just played my Geupard like normal.  Got 5 kills and 4 of the 5 stars and ended up with a free 10 point US commander somehow as part of the reward.  Perfect timing for my Dallas... awesome!

So, I'm at 5 premium ships now (only the October Revolution has the perma 50% camo though) and have 18 ships in total, with 22 port slots.  33 days premium still left (Been premium since I started playing again last month) and I still haven't spent a red cent on the game this time around.  If I can keep from rage quitting over the Tier V Matchmaker then I might actually enjoy the game for a little longer.

shot-21.07.19_17.45.34-0394.jpg

shot-21.07.19_17.50.03-0847.jpg

• Cool 1
  • Thanks 1

[ARPGT]
[ARPGT]
Beta Testers, In AlfaTesters
4,415 posts
4,799 battles
15 minutes ago, Done_Dirt_Cheap said:

OK, I did it.

Got all three of the "freebie" Dutch cruisers.  The De Ruyter I got a few weeks ago when I happened to be doing a lot of shipping on Amazon (Thanks guys!).  And today i finished off the Dutch combat missions for the Celebus and the Kijkduin.  Took me 30 matches today .... UGG!  And my stats probably suffered a bit as I was forced to play outside my wheelhouse to get those last bunch of kills.  Was damn hilarious though doing a match in my Iron Duke, using only HE and getting 90K dmg with 16 fires set :Smile_izmena:

I even took a break and did my first ever Operation (Raptor Rescue) with my Guepard.  I had absolutely no idea what the heck was going on and what I was supposed to do. I just played my Geupard like normal.  Got 5 kills and 4 of the 5 stars and ended up with a free 10 point US commander somehow as part of the reward.  Perfect timing for my Dallas... awesome!

So, I'm at 5 premium ships now (only the October Revolution has the perma 50% camo though) and have 18 ships in total, with 22 port slots.  33 days premium still left (Been premium since I started playing again last month) and I still haven't spent a red cent on the game this time around.  If I can keep from rage quitting over the Tier V Matchmaker then I might actually enjoy the game for a little longer.

shot-21.07.19_17.45.34-0394.jpg

shot-21.07.19_17.50.03-0847.jpg

Isn't there a 4th mission chain that offers up Johan De Wit as well?

~Hunter

[DDDDC]
Members
132 posts
709 battles
13 minutes ago, Hunter_Steel said:

Isn't there a 4th mission chain that offers up Johan De Wit as well?

~Hunter

No, the 4th mission is for tokens and the Flag and the 5th mission is for T7 Eendracht.  I imagine I'll get them too next time I can grind a bit, but the T9 ship - i hear - has been costing collectors hundreds of dollars in doubloons to buy those bundles for the 1:72 random chance of getting it.

EDIT: And the next stage won't unlock until the weekend, thankfully.  I'm taking a break for a few days, lol

Second Edit: OK, lol... used my brain this time.  I'm burnt from the grind today!  Anyhow, what I said above was correct. You can get the Eendracht for completing the 4th (and last) Dutch Cruiser Combat Mission.  From those missions, you will end up having 170 Dutch Tokens, which you can then use in the Armory to buy the Perma Camo for the Eendracht and the Haarlem. But to actually get the Haarlem (Tier VIII) ship, you need another 130 tokens.  All the Armory stuff is linked sequentially, so you can't skip a step. You have to purchase each thing in order.  I had to spend 40 tokens to buy the De Ruyter, even though I had it in port already. But the game gave me 1,100,000 credits and a port slot for it.  I'm not sure if I will spend those 100 tokens for the camo for a ship i don't have, but I probably will anyhow, since this is a timed event and the tokens probably won't be usefull anywhere else.  When I eventually get the Haarlem the old fashioned way, I'll have a camo.

I'm just wondering what happens when the actual Dutch tech tree is live?  Will these ships keep their premium status?  because it's nice right now being able to train the crews in all of them with no re-training.

Edited by Done_Dirt_Cheap

[ARGSY]
Members
25,719 posts
19,815 battles
13 minutes ago, Done_Dirt_Cheap said:

1:72 random chance

If you're gonna spend money on 1:72, spend your plastic on plastic. :Smile_veryhappy:

• Cool 3

[SALVO]
Members
9,558 posts
7,008 battles
37 minutes ago, Done_Dirt_Cheap said:

If I can keep from rage quitting over the Tier V Matchmaker then I might actually enjoy the game for a little longer.

Hey welcome back, nice to see you enjoying the game! Tho I have distressing news for you... MM never improves, until you reach T9. So, you better hold fast mate.

[NWO-1]
Members
275 posts
5,929 battles

For these missions, it does not tell me when the next mission will unlock until after I finish the one right before it. Does anyone know when the missions unlock?

[DDDDC]
Members
132 posts
709 battles
3 minutes ago, MollyGodiva said:

For these missions, it does not tell me when the next mission will unlock until after I finish the one right before it. Does anyone know when the missions unlock?

Mine says the 3rd mission set will unlock in 6 days (Sunday morning?).   Can't answer for the 4th, but I would assume its a week after that, since the whole thing is only supposed to last 22 days more.

[O_O]
[O_O]
Members
5,827 posts
24,980 battles

Each mission unlocks on Monday morning. But you have to finish the current one to start on the next.

[BTLST]
Members
365 posts
8,397 battles
5 hours ago, Done_Dirt_Cheap said:

I'm just wondering what happens when the actual Dutch tech tree is live?  Will these ships keep their premium status?  because it's nice right now being able to train the crews in all of them with no re-training.

Based on experience with the Italian BBs the ships will revert to tech tree status. So make sure to complete all your commander arrangements before the early access phase ends.

Edited by tangofan
  • Cool 1

[DDDDC]
Members
132 posts
709 battles
13 hours ago, tangofan said:

Based on experience with the Italian BBs the ships will revert to tech tree status. So make sure to complete all your commander arrangements before the early access phase ends.

Thanks for the tip! I'll make sure to have all my commanders back in their respective boats before the event ends.

[BTLST]
Members
365 posts
8,397 battles
24 minutes ago, Done_Dirt_Cheap said:

Thanks for the tip! I'll make sure to have all my commanders back in their respective boats before the event ends.

And that boat should be the one they trained for, that is the boat they came with. Otherwise you may end up in a weird situation, where you have a commander in a tech tree ship, but he isn't trained for that ship. Which means once you move him off to a premium, you can't move him back without retraining.

[4_0_4]
Members
314 posts
1,926 battles
21 hours ago, Done_Dirt_Cheap said:

The ships will not keep their early access status (they’re technically not premiums), they will revert to normal tech tree.  You do keep their unlocked modules and any xp you earn on them though, so if you didn’t feel like spending on the tier 8 and 9s, you can get a jump start on grinding for them if you get Eendracht.  (If you did get the T9, you get a head start on grinding for the T10.

[SLI]
9,551 posts

Did I miss something somewhere or did you buy some tokens?  I did all the currently available missions and I am still 20 tokens short of the T6.

[-BCO-]
Members
3,035 posts
5,410 battles
1 hour ago, Burnsy said:

Did I miss something somewhere or did you buy some tokens?  I did all the currently available missions and I am still 20 tokens short of the T6.

There were some free tokens gifted in/by the news.

[SLI]
9,551 posts
19 minutes ago, Bandi73 said:

There were some free tokens gifted in/by the news.

Yep, I thought I had them all but I missed one of the articles.  Found it, thanks!

Sign in to follow this