Sign in to follow this  
You need to play a total of 20 battles to post in this section.
Mademoisail

Update 0.10.6: Dutch Cruisers Pt. 1

8 comments in this topic

Members
127 posts
6 minutes ago, lloyd1701 said:

Any reason why this is being reposted?

When I got to this section, it hadn't been posted yet.

• Cool 1

[BUOY]
Members
1,475 posts
17,499 battles
1 minute ago, Mademoisail said:

When I got to this section, it hadn't been posted yet.

Fair enough.

[WOLF5]
Members
913 posts
40,915 battles

I think the updated AI of the bots for the most part is a good thing. Their ability to adjust speed to juke torps will force players to learn not to just torp the white indicator.

The auto pilot that the bots use still needs some work. there have been multiple instances where they're slowing down/stopping to avoid a ship and end up stuck on an island because the rudder shift times combined with the autopilot paraments just won't allow them not to get stuck and they end up going back and forth doing a 30 point turn. 

The massive nerf to bot accuracy needs to be addressed. Since the patch, you can now sit broadside and know that what used to guaranty a cit from a bot will now result in them splashing shots all around your boat. I have had many games were everyone lives and the bots get zeroed out because they can't do any damage.

Now if the intent was to make coop a arcade shooting gallery where you can't test/practice positioning, then this has been accomplished.

But I do believe that the hyper accuracy of the bots needs to be restored simply to teach players what they can and can't get away with in positioning/angeling. A bot should punish you with a cit so you learn not to do that position in a random/ranked/etc match. In lower tiers, if you don't give the bots accuracy, when randoms are filled with bots because of a lack of players, those players are never going to learn positioning/angling if aren't forced to learn what they can't get away with. Heck, there was a game earlier today where I was "focused""(indicated by PT) by 6 bots (2 BB, 2 DD, 2 CA) in a salem and was not only able to survive, but only lost 5k in health sank 2 of the bots and did a majority of the damage to the 2 others (I think it ended up being a 200k+ damage game). That shouldn't be possible if coop is supposed to be the training step to other game modes. 

• Haha 1

[ARGSY]
Members
25,534 posts
19,680 battles
15 minutes ago, h9k_a said:

Since the patch, you can now sit broadside and know that what used to guaranty a cit from a bot will now result in them splashing shots all around your boat.

This has certainly not been my experience.

[PVE]
Members
1,615 posts
44,606 battles
35 minutes ago, h9k_a said:

I think the updated AI of the bots for the most part is a good thing. Their ability to adjust speed to juke torps will force players to learn not to just torp the white indicator.

The auto pilot that the bots use still needs some work. there have been multiple instances where they're slowing down/stopping to avoid a ship and end up stuck on an island because the rudder shift times combined with the autopilot paraments just won't allow them not to get stuck and they end up going back and forth doing a 30 point turn. 

The massive nerf to bot accuracy needs to be addressed. Since the patch, you can now sit broadside and know that what used to guaranty a cit from a bot will now result in them splashing shots all around your boat. I have had many games were everyone lives and the bots get zeroed out because they can't do any damage.

Now if the intent was to make coop a arcade shooting gallery where you can't test/practice positioning, then this has been accomplished.

But I do believe that the hyper accuracy of the bots needs to be restored simply to teach players what they can and can't get away with in positioning/angeling. A bot should punish you with a cit so you learn not to do that position in a random/ranked/etc match. In lower tiers, if you don't give the bots accuracy, when randoms are filled with bots because of a lack of players, those players are never going to learn positioning/angling if aren't forced to learn what they can't get away with. Heck, there was a game earlier today where I was "focused""(indicated by PT) by 6 bots (2 BB, 2 DD, 2 CA) in a salem and was not only able to survive, but only lost 5k in health sank 2 of the bots and did a majority of the damage to the 2 others (I think it ended up being a 200k+ damage game). That shouldn't be possible if coop is supposed to be the training step to other game modes. 

The update to the bots is a joke I can get 15+ torps hit some game with a good torp DD one game I had 20. All you have to do is target them let them slow down then torp them. The aim of all bots is like T-1 bots now

Members
197 posts
5,737 battles

<Sarcasm>Thank you for removing user music, I truly hated that feature. It was awful. <Sarcasm> :Smile-angry::Smile_sceptic:

Sign in to follow this