You need to play a total of 20 battles to post in this section.
Turbotush

Is there so stupid CV thing going on? T8 is infested with T10 CV's

18 comments in this topic

[TWFT]
Members
1,762 posts
45,755 battles

Have 5 matches this morning, all 5 are me in A T8 Atago with T1o CV's.

Is there some CV mission going on?

• Thanks 1
  • Boring 1

[TWFT]
Members
1,762 posts
45,755 battles
1 minute ago, theLaalaa said:

Show them how angry you are! Buy a year of Premium Time!!

LOL!

Wiki Editor
275 posts
8,136 battles

You probably just got incredibly unlucky with the matchmaking. However you may take solace in the fact that you will play 5 cv-less tier 6 games in the future to balance this one out. Thus is the wonders of random matchmaking :D.

• Cool 1

Members
2,007 posts

T8 is probably the worst tier in game. You'll frequently get up-tiered. It's normal.

I'm blown away that anybody plays CV's at T10 to be honest. They're the most broken lol :)

Edited by ElectroVeeDub
  • Thanks 1

[PQUOD]
[PQUOD]
Members
5,503 posts
26,150 battles
5 minutes ago, rhulkb27 said:

You probably just got incredibly unlucky with the matchmaking. However you may take solace in the fact that you will play 5 cv-less tier 6 games in the future to balance this one out. Thus is the wonders of random matchmaking :D.

This something new? I probably missed that.

[WOLFG]
Members
16,778 posts
19,407 battles

Is there some sort of spotting thing with the Dutch cruiser missions this week?

That usually drives ship choice.

[SR-_-]
Members
5,505 posts
52,536 battles
5 hours ago, ArIskandir said:

You need to improve your Queue Dodge bro

^^^^^Yeah, use some dodging. Back out if you see a CV in the column during queue. 

[SR-_-]
Members
5,505 posts
52,536 battles
5 hours ago, Shomaruki said:

o.o Not like you worried about rocket planes, what's the issue here?

It could be he can't DODGE! LOL

There are some games where a player just sails their DD like they don't care right up to a BB to torp them. No visible turning or evasion due to secbat nerf. 

That is when a BB player tells a CV: "Hey Fun Policeman, I will let you date my sister if you wipe that DD for me. Don't tell anybody I asked." *but the BB player says that in general chat and the team CV player is facepalming. 

Then Torpedoes, HE Bombs, finally Rockets rain down on the straight sailing DD for what seems like 2 minutes of DD hell. At which point the DD was BBQ'd and crispy. The BB player then turns on secabat to knock the remaining 4 HP left to sink the DD.

This typical of matches. Whether the BB player honors the agreement is uncertain though. Because there were a lot of witnesses that do not utter a word from either side of the match. Only laughing heard in the distance.

• Haha 1

[WPORT]
Members
19,367 posts
21,809 battles
6 hours ago, Turbotush said:

Have 5 matches this morning, all 5 are me in A T8 Atago with T1o CV's.

Is there some CV mission going on?

I'm not aware of any special CV missions, at the moment.

Match-making, in my understanding, is supposed to take your recent number of games and adjust the tier you play in.  
So, match-maker must think you're a very good player capable of sailing in a Tier-10 environment with a Tier-8 ship?
Is that some form of a compliment from the match-maker?  :-)

[TWFT]
Members
1,762 posts
45,755 battles
1 minute ago, Wolfswetpaws said:

I'm not aware of any special CV missions, at the moment.

Match-making, in my understanding, is supposed to take your recent number of games and adjust the tier you play in.  
So, match-maker must think you're a very good player capable of sailing in a Tier-10 environment with a Tier-8 ship?
Is that some form of a compliment from the match-maker?  :-)

LOL!  I'm not that good, but thanks for the thought.   :Smile_honoring:

[SALVO]
Members
15,654 posts
9,795 battles
5 minutes ago, SteelRain_Rifleman said:

^^^^^Yeah, use some dodging. Back out if you see a CV in the column during queue. 

I use the proportion between CV vs the full other ships pooled. Normal odds are 1:12, you may or may not get a CV match.

Sometimes you get  odds like 7:24, that's ominous so you better pack your best AA ship if you are queuing.

Sometimes you get odds like 1:40, then you are pretty safe to take your IJN torpbotes for a spin.

Sometimes you just insta-queue and not even Jack Burton's reflexes can save you.

[WPORT]
Members
19,367 posts
21,809 battles
1 minute ago, Turbotush said:

LOL!  I'm not that good, but thanks for the thought.   :Smile_honoring:

:Smile_honoring:

[WPORT]
Members
19,367 posts
21,809 battles
2 minutes ago, ArIskandir said:

Sometimes you just insta-queue and not even Jack Burton's reflexes can save you.

Spoiler

• Funny 1

[SR-_-]
Members
5,505 posts
52,536 battles
16 hours ago, ArIskandir said:

I use the proportion between CV vs the full other ships pooled. Normal odds are 1:12, you may or may not get a CV match.

Sometimes you get  odds like 7:24, that's ominous so you better pack your best AA ship if you are queuing.

Sometimes you get odds like 1:40, then you are pretty safe to take your IJN torpbotes for a spin.

Yeah, I hate instaqueue. Had s slew of those that got me slain with FDR's. Then I have to wiggle, zig, zag, brake, accel, do some next level Goku stuff, etc. But when a CV wants you dead, you are dead. I know the deal. This is fine 🔥.