You need to play a total of 20 battles to post in this section.
Ensign_Cthulhu

A Strange Commander Retraining Anomaly!

4 comments in this topic

[ARGSY]
Members
25,691 posts
19,781 battles

I got the Z-31 from the German DD event as a pre-release ship and I moved my Ernst Gaede captain into her, as I had been planning to do. 

I know that while the pre-release phase of the event was still going, the Z-31 counted as a premium ship from the viewpoint of commander transfers. However, when she became a tech-tree ship, I fully expected to have to retrain the commander to her. 

Now have a look at what has happened:

image.thumb.png.db4386492e9a2781b05461c129075c90.png

He's running just fine in the Z-31 with all skills active... AND YET he is still listed as being trained for the Gaede! (No, I haven't put him back there to see what happens; I don't want to disturb what currently appears to be working very well.)

I went back and checked, and although I'm not going to post all the screenshots here, the same thing happened with my Italian battleships; the captains I left there when the tech tree went live have all their skills, but are still listed as being trained for their original ships!

I am NOT complaining; just wondering what on earth has gone on!

Edited by Ensign_Cthulhu

[NYAAR]
Members
3,005 posts
15,998 battles

not sure if it's a true glitch

It could be a simple thing where if post event, people forgot to remove the captain back to the original ship. Rather them being locked and stuck on the new ship and then getting people complaining, WG probably has put in a grace period to remove the captains.

[ARGSY]
Members
25,691 posts
19,781 battles
3 minutes ago, Lord_Slayer said:

Rather them being locked and stuck on the new ship and then getting people complaining, WG probably has put in a grace period to remove the captains.

It must be one hell of a grace period because I haven't touched some of these ships since the Italian BB event, and that was months ago.

[WOLFG]
Members
273 posts
4,606 battles

48 minutes ago, Ensign_Cthulhu said:

I got the Z-31 from the German DD event as a pre-release ship and I moved my Ernst Gaede captain into her, as I had been planning to do. 

I know that while the pre-release phase of the event was still going, the Z-31 counted as a premium ship from the viewpoint of commander transfers. However, when she became a tech-tree ship, I fully expected to have to retrain the commander to her. 

Now have a look at what has happened:

image.thumb.png.db4386492e9a2781b05461c129075c90.png

He's running just fine in the Z-31 with all skills active... AND YET he is still listed as being trained for the Gaede! (No, I haven't put him back there to see what happens; I don't want to disturb what currently appears to be working very well.)

I went back and checked, and although I'm not going to post all the screenshots here, the same thing happened with my Italian battleships; the captains I left there when the tech tree went live have all their skills, but are still listed as being trained for their original ships!

I am NOT complaining; just wondering what on earth has gone on!

I can confirm that it is not a glitch, every early access event has done this to me as they are effectively special ships for the early access period and as such do not need for the captain to be "trained" to that ship. It's really annoying as there is no way to change a captains specialization to said ship during the early access event which kind of defeats one of the benefits of freely being able to move commanders on and off an early access ship. 

Edited by cheekywarship2018