You need to play a total of 20 battles to post in this section.
Ensign_Cthulhu

Weekend Spree, 16-18 July 2021 and BEYOND

26 comments in this topic

[ARGSY]
Members
25,666 posts
19,741 battles

Beyond in my case, because I have a local civic holiday tomorrow and the day off work.

So far I've ground up Leroy Jenkins from six points to ten (just for the record, he did it in six days and rested on the seventh), tidied up some upgrade module acquisitions on Japanese destroyers that I had previously reset, grabbed the Z-46 her B torpedoes and the Mogador her extended-range fire control, dabbled in a bit of Randoms and Ranked, and made the final call on which ships got my three linkable Tier 9 camos.

That last one turned out to be quite a surprise, because until now I've sucked in Mogador in co-op, but over the last few days something seems to have clicked. Maybe it's all that no-smoke Kiev I was dabbling in a short time ago. If you'd sat me down and forced me to put them on last week, it would have been Udaloi, Tashkent, and either Seattle or Mogador. It turned out to be Seattle, Mogador, Z-46. It's a strange world.

• Cool 2
  • Boring 6

[HELLS]
Members
2,891 posts
33,075 battles

Did not bother other than the first win crate with the EXP bonus as I am currently grinding to get my sole DKM 19-pointer to 21 points as my fourth 21-pointer. The super ships plus the two I already had got me my third one done and a good head start on the fourth. That will be 4 down and 15 more 19-pointers more to grind to 21. I am patiently waiting for the next free reset of captain skills. Give it a couple of years more to get them all done. Finally got to Vermont, which is another T-10 port queen in my collection that will get trotted out only for super crate events.

Members
4,272 posts
15,135 battles

BUCKS IN 6!

Other than that, havent played. Will just try to unlock the free dutch cruisers later this week.

[WOLF9]
Members
1,541 posts
26,541 battles

This weekend I didn't do much except grind.  All XP grinds are at an end, so I am saving up FXP for 2 things:  The eventual Dutch Cruiser grinds and the WoWs Anniversary grind (All my trees are only T9 - T10.  I fill a line, grab the freebies, then sell off the T5 - T8 to finance the next line).

Set up a NEW LONG term goal - get all of my T10 commanders up to 21 points.  I have 8 there already, with 24 (25 when I get a dutch captain) to go.  I have 6 at 19/20 points.  Also using my 21 point captains to pile up ECXP.  My goal is to get one promoted a month.  We will see how far I get before I die.

Up to 31 million credits.  I think I will need around 100 million to equip the rest of my fleets with upgrades and modules.  Hopefully WoWs will donate to this by offering a 50% off sale around their anniversary.

Bought the Warspite to use in operations.  First 2 games were turkeys (and losses).  In one game the Raptor went down right outside the exit circle due to fire.  The third was a win.

Expecting the Napoli to be released Friday.  Directive 2 drops tomorrow, and the Napoli is needed to finish some tasks in Directive 3.  Not really interested in any other ships in testing.  MAYBE Carnot or Congress or Brandenburg, but none of these are screaming at me.  Yolo Emilio is very tempting, and I have 63k RP.

Skipped Naval Battles.  It was BXP again, and I am getting on too late on Fridays to do my clan any good.  We are headed for a loss.

IRL, not much.  Got bloodwork done and went to one of my doctors.  Health is improving.  Second doctor visit is this week.  Did some weeding in the yard, saw Escape Room 2 with my son and DIL.

Went to the local motorcycle shop and after talking with them a bit, going to drag my bike to them so they can do some magic on it and get it running.  Looking forward to that.  I learned to ride when I was 49.  I regret not starting much sooner.

[WOLF9]
Members
1,541 posts
26,541 battles
7 minutes ago, GrandAdmiral_2016 said:

Did not bother other than the first win crate with the EXP bonus as I am currently grinding to get my sole DKM 19-pointer to 21 points as my fourth 21-pointer. The super ships plus the two I already had got me my third one done and a good head start on the fourth. That will be 4 down and 15 more 19-pointers more to grind to 21. I am patiently waiting for the next free reset of captain skills. Give it a couple of years more to get them all done. Finally got to Vermont, which is another T-10 port queen in my collection that will get trotted out only for super crate events.

The Vermont is not that bad of a ship.  It is slow, but it has a ton of guns, excellent range, and decent dispersion.  You should get some hits with every salvo, and when you get a good RNG, it really puts a hurt on.

[TDR]
[TDR]
Members
1,337 posts
14,259 battles

Played some ranked Jervis just for fun and to finish up some of the rewards. Man she is a good boat still.

played some Albemarle which I’m starting to actually enjoy. It probably helped that I blew up the cv in one game :).

continued the Roon regrind for Hindi. Equipped a t9 camo to her so I’ve been playing mostly coop first win of the day. Debates free xp’ing the remaining 100k ish  but I’m probably still a couple months away from having enough for Druid/ Vampire so no rush. 

curious to see if Napoli drops this week !

[ARGSY]
Members
25,666 posts
19,741 battles
44 minutes ago, warheart1992 said:

Collected a Nakhimov pelt:

I haven't met any of the Russian CVs yet, but then I haven't spent all that much time in Randoms. Nice record game. Very nice indeed.

I'll tell you what I think of the Kleber in another 235,000 XP. :cap_wander_2:

39 minutes ago, kyesac said:

Got bloodwork done and went to one of my doctors.  Health is improving. 

Excellent.

39 minutes ago, kyesac said:

In one game the Raptor went down right outside the exit circle due to fire. 

Things like this and the Raptor simply refusing to go for the circle at all (thus turning a perfect five-star sweep into a dead loss) are why I refuse to risk camos and flags on this mission. I play it from time to time, but I never feel comfortable with it and I'm always scared that Raptor going off course will screw me over.

Even Defence of Newport is not as exquisitely sensitive to the whims of the AI. Yes, it may be the aft-born son of a rotting polecat, but an experienced and capable farming team on voice comms can still beat it. If Raptor goes off course, there's nothing you can do to save your result.

Edited by Ensign_Cthulhu
  • Cool 1

[SYN]
[SYN]
Members
9,111 posts
16,890 battles

Stupidly decided to RB the older US BB, New Mexico was so painful I FXP'd most of it, Colorado is worse than I remembered bit marginal. 

[ARGSY]
Members
25,666 posts
19,741 battles
3 minutes ago, mofton said:

Colorado is worse than I remembered bit marginal. 

Odd. I had a great Random battle with her over the weekend; held my flank while my lemming-train team mopped up elsewhere, and possibly saved that flank from being completely turned. I've ground through her twice, and have no other reason than her shiny new paintwork (event permacamo) to take her out again, but every now and then I dust her off because I'm so comfortable in her.

IMHO it is good and healthy for the game to have ships that some people love and others despise. 

• Cool 1

[CO-OP]
Members
3,930 posts
31,870 battles

Didn't have anything to grind this weekend, so I was just playing a lot of ships that I hadn't played in a while.  

Got a bunch of Division Stars with the clan.  All-in-all a relaxing weekend..

[SALVO]
Members
9,514 posts
6,975 battles

Very satisfying 83% WR for the weekend, bumped my overall solo WR over 56%, plus grinding on double freebie premium day courtesy of the dutch event, now Riga sits in my port and I'm almost set for my next T9 purchase... still unsure which one it will be.

[RLGN]
Members
16,845 posts
29,513 battles

Getting to 10k, my Vermont games.

It was like a ‘huge weight,’ meme.

I pretty much just stared at the screen when I got back from dinner, then started watching Drach vids instead of logging back into the game.

[KWF]
Members
6,717 posts
7,321 battles
5 hours ago, Ensign_Cthulhu said:

I haven't met any of the Russian CVs yet, but then I haven't spent all that much time in Randoms. Nice record game. Very nice indeed.

I'll tell you what I think of the Kleber in another 235,000 XP. :cap_wander_2:

Nakhimov was pretty insane at the start; struck a Shima for 10k or so with skip bombers and in general was quite the threat. Close up however it is by among the weakest CVs armor wise. 

There's only one rule about Kleber. Abandon concealment, embrace madness :fish_viking:.

[BEA5T]
Members
5,504 posts
26,109 battles

Let's see?

Didn't play a single Naval Battles because they are BXP again (I'm a COOP main...)  I refuse.

Played my Weimar almost 100% of the entire weekend for the 200% XP, 30 day mission grinding ECXP.  Promoted another 19 point CPT to 21 (8 now.)  And, will be grinding nothing but the Weimar for the next 23 days...! Since I had, 27 or so 19 point CPT's, I'm working on the TT Captains for Scenarios.  I have one 21 pointer for each Nation except Europe and Asia....  Once the TT ships are manned, Asia is next.

Played the Weimar in a Ranked battle or two and that was a lot of.........fun I guess (amongst no one having a clue what to do.....)

Finished a Range project this weekend.  Attended a live TBT Basketball regional playoff and my ears are still ringing for heavens sake (should have taken ear plugs !!!)

And, with old clan mates, played several scenario matches.  New clan mates seems to have vanished, literally from the game !!!  I have no clue what that is about......

[TFFOX]
Members
1,136 posts
4,359 battles
8 hours ago, warheart1992 said:

There's only one rule about Kleber. Abandon concealment, embrace madness :fish_viking:.

Umm sir I believe that's how you're supposed to play ALL the French dds

[NG-NL]
Members
6,611 posts
10,993 battles

Ignored Naval Battles for first time (oops!), got Daring and trained captain on her w/ stored EXCP. Awaits maiden voyage.

Ran MO a bit as well as unlocking Riga, who also awaits maiden voyage

Citadelled a Pommern

1iQOiV5.jpg

And I got Detonated :Smile_teethhappy:

It is @Ensign_Cthulhu's fault

MlDmYMp.jpg

[FRR]
Members
1,044 posts
17,989 battles
10 minutes ago, AdmiralFox08 said:
8 hours ago, warheart1992 said:

One of the very few reasons why I grinded the French DD line was the adrenaline rush brought about by that speed. That glorious speed! 

14 hours ago, kyesac said:

The Vermont is not that bad of a ship.  It is slow, but it has a ton of guns, excellent range, and decent dispersion.  You should get some hits with every salvo, and when you get a good RNG, it really puts a hurt on.

It is good if teammates will support it. A Vermont left on her own by her teammates is party time for the enemy team, especially when the red ones are fire starters. 

15 hours ago, Ensign_Cthulhu said:

That last one turned out to be quite a surprise, because until now I've sucked in Mogador in co-op, but over the last few days something seems to have clicked.

Mogador has been a beast in Co-op for me ever since I got her. The speed and that reload gimmick is totally fun! I charge at bot DDs, they launch their torps, I decelerate while shooting at them...then accelerate again to sink BBs. 

I wanted to achieve that "earn 2,500 Base XP in one battle" mission for Directive 1 over the weekend. Closest I can do was 2,429 Base XP and it was a battle where we snatched victory from the jaws of defeat!

shot-21_07.18_03_21.00-0832.thumb.jpg.8eec69ca703db4edb7b8d83e5f2b7e1f.jpg

[WOLF1]
Beta Testers
13,260 posts
18,838 battles

Grinding the Italian BB's and German DD's this weekend. Finally made it to tier 9 with the BB and oh man that was a breath of fresh air. Up to tier 8 with the DD's and still struggling although the very usable torps at tier 8 are giving me some hope.

[ARGSY]
Members
25,666 posts
19,741 battles
2 hours ago, AdmiralFox08 said:

With the possible exception of Aigle, which has smoke.

We were discussing Kleber particularly, but yes, you are correct. The higher-tier you go, the madder it gets!

[ARGSY]
Members
25,666 posts
19,741 battles

Put the credit flags on Musashi, had two good battles and one gallant failure. The credits mission is done, Directive 2 is done, and both Celebes and Kijkduin are mine! :cap_like:

I can now spend the remaining evenings of my week chilling at low level in co-op and pursuing other hobbies.

[WOLF9]
Members
1,541 posts
26,541 battles
6 hours ago, paradat said:

Grinding the Italian BB's and German DD's this weekend. Finally made it to tier 9 with the BB and oh man that was a breath of fresh air. Up to tier 8 with the DD's and still struggling although the very usable torps at tier 8 are giving me some hope.

Agree, the LePanto is a fine ship.  And things get better.  I really like the Colombo.  Very good ship.  Rear turrets are 360.

With the KM DDs, I really wasn't too happy with the Maerker.  The Schultz on the other hand was a nice step up.  I ground to the Elbing, but really haven't tried her out yet.

• Cool 1

[WOLFA]
Members
50 posts
1,178 battles

New player (4-5 months) version of weekend spree:

• Of 72 ships in my port, I hadn't played 24 of them. Went and played a dozen yesterday, hope to play the other dozen in the next day or two. It was pretty fun! I should make a habit of playing every ship at least once a month...
  • Watched enough Twitch streams to get to 2000 community tokens* and so I finally got the 'Skull' permanent camo for New York (next goal: 'Ocean Liner' camo for Normandie)!
  • I spent time over the weekend watching some Twitch streamers (CCs and others) play Weimar. I've saved enough 'fun money' over the past month to get it if I want it. Based on how I play (I enjoy supporting/assisting more than leading) I'm thinking it might be a good purchase. I'd appreciate anyone sharing their experience playing it or advice (I like LWM's reviews but she's on hiatus now, so I've basically read the WoWS wiki page for it. If any of you have read or watched well-done reviews of it I'd appreciate that help too).

In general, I think Tier 7 will be my 'cap'/'ceiling' for the foreseeable future for premiums. I have one Tier 8 (Lenin) but I won that in a giveaway. My two Tier 7s are Haida (won in a giveaway) and Nelson (375K FXP was reachable for me lol). Weimar would be my third Tier 7 premium and my first actual purchase above Tier 6.

*P.S. I've been thinking of participating in the Public Test Server when it becomes active again, but not sure if it will help me accumulate community tokens or other rewards that quickly, given my relatively low experience/skill. Would appreciate advice on that also!

Much obliged, captains! Fair winds and following seas!

:Smile_honoring:

• Cool 1

[ARGSY]
Members
25,666 posts
19,741 battles
11 minutes ago, FinderKeeper said:

P.S. I've been thinking of participating in the Public Test Server when it becomes active again, but not sure if it will help me accumulate community tokens or other rewards that quickly, given my relatively low experience/skill. Would appreciate advice on that also!

Go for broke on the PTS, try everything; there's nothing to lose.

• Thanks 1

[DVYJC]
Members
4,514 posts
12,319 battles

Got lucky and finished Directive 2 in one day. Had a good Giulio Cesare game good for five citadels and three kills and a good Thunderer game for twelve fires and two kills to shortcut both of the long grinds! The Thunderer game also finished the credit task.