Jump to content
Sign in to follow this  
You need to play a total of 20 battles to post in this section.
ArIskandir

Personal achievement accomplished - 56%WR solo

30 comments in this topic

Recommended Posts

5,228
[SALVO]
Members
9,420 posts
6,928 battles

Yes this is a brag thread, I know it is bad taste but please be lenient, I've been working for this achievement for some months and I'm happy I finally got it.

I actually had over 56% solo WR over a year ago, but I'm not counting it as I was playing low tiers back then (4-5). I've had some bumps on the road and had been on the verge of  56% at least 2 times before, including a very obnouxius 55.99% about 4 months ago, but today I finally crossed the threshold:

BN67l4f.png

I'm proud I've done it without tricks or padding, playing all tech tree lines and all ship types (sorry no planes included), on a FTP account with limited boosters (flags) and average captains, currently at T8 most of my captains are between 13-14 pts. I've not shied away from challenges, for example I could have played more BBs or DDs but cruisers are my most played class (tbh, it is just because there are more cruisers than enything else in the TT):

VscsWXB.png 

I've really not looked to improve the stats, my goal has always been to improve my performance, if I wanted just to have pretty stats I would play more CHAD ships like this little piece of amazing RN bias:

e8U1p5B.png

Instead I usually break my teeth trying to make oddballs work, Russian bias works in mysterious ways sometimes:

2wskzsy.png

 

if you have read so far, I thank you for your patience and for bearing with my shameless lack of modesty. More challenges lay ahead and I hope to meet you out there on the pixel seas for more fun and engagement!

qutur19.png ... :fish_boom:

 

Until that day :Smile_honoring:

  • Cool 16
  • Thanks 2
  • Boring 1
  • Meh 2

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Members
691 posts
18,109 battles

Welcome to the club! (Though mine was boosted by my 62% in CVs)

  • Thanks 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
369
[SIMP]
Members
1,454 posts
12,154 battles
36 minutes ago, ArIskandir said:

Yes this is a brag thread, I know it is bad taste but please be lenient, I've been working for this achievement for some months and I'm happy I finally got it.

I actually had over 56% solo WR over a year ago, but I'm not counting it as I was playing low tiers back then (4-5). I've had some bumps on the road and had been on the verge of  56% at least 2 times before, including a very obnouxius 55.99% about 4 months ago, but today I finally crossed the threshold:

BN67l4f.png

I'm proud I've done it without tricks or padding, playing all tech tree lines and all ship types (sorry no planes included), on a FTP account with limited boosters (flags) and average captains, currently at T8 most of my captains are between 13-14 pts. I've not shied away from challenges, for example I could have played more BBs or DDs but cruisers are my most played class (tbh, it is just because there are more cruisers than enything else in the TT):

VscsWXB.png 

I've really not looked to improve the stats, my goal has always been to improve my performance, if I wanted just to have pretty stats I would play more CHAD ships like this little piece of amazing RN bias:

e8U1p5B.png

Instead I usually break my teeth trying to make oddballs work, Russian bias works in mysterious ways sometimes:

2wskzsy.png

 

if you have read so far, I thank you for your patience and for bearing with my shameless lack of modesty. More challenges lay ahead and I hope to meet you out there on the pixel seas for more fun and engagement!

qutur19.png ... :fish_boom:

 

Until that day :Smile_honoring:

Congrats! You are now better than 99% of the other players!

or 99.5%

 

Either way, nice job, next stop, 60% ;-)

  • Thanks 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Members
799 posts
10,291 battles

Grats, welcome to the club.

(I'm at 56% solo as well.)

It's not all puppies, kittens, and rainbows though. At 56% you can feel comfortable with the fact that you are better than most players in the game, but uncomfortable with the fact that there are prodigies and unicorns out there with 60% + solo win rates that you'll probably never match without immense extra effort. Oh the humanity!

  • Thanks 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
5,228
[SALVO]
Members
9,420 posts
6,928 battles
21 hours ago, Telastyn said:

(Though mine was boosted by my 62% in CVs)

you cheater :Smile-_tongue:    

20 hours ago, _cthulhu_ said:

Either way, nice job, next stop, 60% ;-)

indeed, it is a mere 4% anyway :Smile_trollface:

21 hours ago, Telastyn said:

Welcome to the club! 

 

20 hours ago, Dr_Powderfinger said:

Grats, welcome to the club.

Wish we would get some buffet discount at least...:cap_yes:

20 hours ago, BitCrushed said:

dude

I really love to be laconic, but you beat me by far mate

19 hours ago, RipNuN2 said:

 

impresive.gif

3DavB2h.gif

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
5,059
[WOLFG]
Members
13,390 posts
12,784 battles
6 minutes ago, ArIskandir said:

 

3DavB2h.gif

Big trouble in little China?

And now you need to change your sig.

Edited by DrHolmes52
Think one word, type another.
  • Thanks 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
5,228
[SALVO]
Members
9,420 posts
6,928 battles
1 minute ago, DrHolmes52 said:

Big time in little China?

Yeah, hilarious movie... love that scene

 

5 minutes ago, DrHolmes52 said:

And now you need to change your sig.

Cool idea, I need to test if the GIF fits the sig format

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
201
[KSD]
Members
302 posts
10,082 battles

Congrats!  I felt really proud of myself when I got my cruiser win rate to 60%.  We all have our own goals and milestones, and I'm glad you reached yours!

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
5,228
[SALVO]
Members
9,420 posts
6,928 battles
8 minutes ago, Ceesa said:

Congrats!  I felt really proud of myself when I got my cruiser win rate to 60%.  We all have our own goals and milestones, and I'm glad you reached yours!

Ql32b1i.gif

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
685
[NMKJT]
Members
3,363 posts
8,559 battles
21 hours ago, ArIskandir said:

Yes this is a brag thread, I know it is bad taste but please be lenient, I've been working for this achievement for some months and I'm happy I finally got it.

I actually had over 56% solo WR over a year ago, but I'm not counting it as I was playing low tiers back then (4-5). I've had some bumps on the road and had been on the verge of  56% at least 2 times before, including a very obnouxius 55.99% about 4 months ago, but today I finally crossed the threshold

Congrats. I've gotten it a few times, but fallen off when holidays/meta changes/etc happened. If you can keep it through those, or at least get it back again each time you'll know you reached that level.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
3,864
[WOLF1]
Beta Testers
13,216 posts
18,753 battles

Grats! I am still in the 55% category and I am pretty happy with it, particularly when I am grinding new lines.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
5,228
[SALVO]
Members
9,420 posts
6,928 battles
8 minutes ago, MnemonScarlet said:

Congrats. I've gotten it a few times, but fallen off when holidays/meta changes/etc happened. If you can keep it through those, or at least get it back again each time you'll know you reached that level.

TY. TBH I'm kinda scared to mess it up but I'm confident the road is becoming easier now. I'm almost done with the T8 cruisers (only missing Mogami) which I think have been the most difficult ships to play effectively (for me) so far. Those things get uptiered constantly, at an absurd rate, they have no heal, everything overmatchs... it is tough learning. At least at T9-T10 you never get -2 tiers, and get heals on top of it, that's kinda a huge deal. 

Edited by ArIskandir

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
685
[NMKJT]
Members
3,363 posts
8,559 battles
3 minutes ago, ArIskandir said:

TY. TBH I'm kinda scared to mess it up but I'm confident the road is becoming easier now. I'm almost done with the T8 cruisers (only missing Mogami) which I think have been the most difficult ships to play effectively (for me) so far. Those things get uptiered constantly, at an absurd rate, they have no heal, everything overmatchs... it is tough learning. At least at T9-T10 you never get -2 tiers, and get heals on top of it, that's kinda a huge deal. 

Yeah, though toptier (10) puts all the onus on you to do work, since no one is above you with a bigger ship to make up for lack of impact on your part. But then, you do get the most powerful ships.

My honest advice on messing it up is don't be afraid of it. Subconsciously you'll sabotage yourself when the desire to not lose makes you play differently. You'll probably bounce back down, but you can likely climb back up. I did it a few times, now I know I can go back up. I just...don't feel like playing solo lately, so I've been divving with friends instead to make the game less of a wretched experience and more fun like a game should be.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1,195
[GRETA]
Members
1,507 posts
11,690 battles

Excellent work sir.  Solo WR account wide is a tough one to get up there and can be a rather frustrating grind.  I played a lot of solo when I was new but these days if I log in and there are no friends on I just find something else to do.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
5,228
[SALVO]
Members
9,420 posts
6,928 battles
42 minutes ago, paradat said:

Grats! I am still in the 55% category and I am pretty happy with it, particularly when I am grinding new lines.

 

32 minutes ago, HallaSnackbar said:

Excellent work sir.  Solo WR account wide is a tough one to get up there and can be a rather frustrating grind.  I played a lot of solo when I was new but these days if I log in and there are no friends on I just find something else to do.

 

26 minutes ago, Bill_Halsey said:

Good Job!  I'm working on 52%.

n2kRSn0.gif

 

In my limited experience, the more significant factor working against Solo performance is able enemy Divisions. In my totally unscientific method I've determined Divisions of able players are a much more common occurrence during "prime time", double or triple the odds if there's no active CB season. If you have the chance, try to avoid Solo play during that time frame.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
3,655
[SALVO]
Members
3,711 posts
7,564 battles
22 hours ago, ArIskandir said:

Yes this is a brag thread, I know it is bad taste but please be lenient, I've been working for this achievement for some months and I'm happy I finally got it.

I actually had over 56% solo WR over a year ago, but I'm not counting it as I was playing low tiers back then (4-5). I've had some bumps on the road and had been on the verge of  56% at least 2 times before, including a very obnouxius 55.99% about 4 months ago, but today I finally crossed the threshold:

BN67l4f.png

I'm proud I've done it without tricks or padding, playing all tech tree lines and all ship types (sorry no planes included), on a FTP account with limited boosters (flags) and average captains, currently at T8 most of my captains are between 13-14 pts. I've not shied away from challenges, for example I could have played more BBs or DDs but cruisers are my most played class (tbh, it is just because there are more cruisers than enything else in the TT):

VscsWXB.png 

I've really not looked to improve the stats, my goal has always been to improve my performance, if I wanted just to have pretty stats I would play more CHAD ships like this little piece of amazing RN bias:

e8U1p5B.png

Instead I usually break my teeth trying to make oddballs work, Russian bias works in mysterious ways sometimes:

2wskzsy.png

 

if you have read so far, I thank you for your patience and for bearing with my shameless lack of modesty. More challenges lay ahead and I hope to meet you out there on the pixel seas for more fun and engagement!

qutur19.png ... :fish_boom:

 

Until that day :Smile_honoring:

Good job buddy. We shall need you for the T6 season.  Thursday nights we do scrims in the meantime. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
5,228
[SALVO]
Members
9,420 posts
6,928 battles
42 minutes ago, MnemonScarlet said:

My honest advice on messing it up is don't be afraid of it. Subconsciously you'll sabotage yourself when the desire to not lose makes you play differently.

Indeed good advice. It takes discipline to know when to log out, or change game modes to not dig your grave any deeper.

 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1,033
[TOG]
Members
4,589 posts
29,050 battles
9 minutes ago, ArIskandir said:

In my limited experience, the more significant factor working against Solo performance is able enemy Divisions. In my totally unscientific method I've determined Divisions of able players are a much more common occurrence during "prime time", double or triple the odds if there's no active CB season. If you have the chance, try to avoid Solo play during that time frame.

My experience is to to play before 1800 during Mon Thrusday and avoid Fri-Sunday for Randoms. If by the luck of the draw I get two first wins, stop at the point and do someting else like  Ops or Coop to get the daily steel quota and crate drops.

Edited by Bill_Halsey

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
5,228
[SALVO]
Members
9,420 posts
6,928 battles
3 minutes ago, eviltane said:

Good job buddy. We shall need you for the T6 season.  Thursday nights we do scrims in the meantime. 

wpSWkc6.gif

I'm so ready for T6 sensei, I've even been doing some thinking about testing different comps:

 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
5,228
[SALVO]
Members
9,420 posts
6,928 battles
7 minutes ago, Bill_Halsey said:

My experience is to to play before 1800 during Mon Thrusday and avoid Fri-Sunday for Randoms. If by the luck of the draw I get two first wins, stop at the point and do someting else like  Ops or Coop to get the daily steel quota and crate drops.

Aye, I stopped playing Solo Randoms after 18:00, but have had good success Sat-Sun mornings-early afternoon. Usually in my experience, it is after 16:00 that able Divisions become a thing.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
752
[O2]
Members
580 posts
11,395 battles
1 hour ago, ArIskandir said:

Cool idea, I need to test if the GIF fits the sig format

No! Don't change it. The slave lord/random battle troll is the best signature on the whole forum. It always makes me smile. Well done on the winrate.

  • Thanks 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1,676
[ARR0W]
Members
4,244 posts
26,639 battles

Very nice! 
 

I was amused by a streamer who had a campaign for awhile to get his WR to 56% by divisioning with a couple deep purple clan mates. 
 

Like that meant a lot. 😆

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Sign in to follow this  

  • Recently Browsing   0 members

    No registered users viewing this page.

×