You need to play a total of 20 battles to post in this section.
Viva_Palestine

Was Gulio Nerfed?

31 comments in this topic

[HKC]
Members
995 posts
24,951 battles

I don't think so, but a couple clan mates feel like something is different in the dispersion.    I had thought that all pre-existing premiums were immune to the new 'premium stats are subject to change' clause.  Is that true?

• Cool 2
  • Boring 1
  • Meh 2

[VOP]
Members
1,151 posts
3 minutes ago, Viva_Palestine said:

I don't think so, but a couple clan mates feel like something is different in the dispersion.    I had thought that all pre-existing premiums were immune to the new 'premium stats are subject to change' clause.  Is that true?

That would be hard to prove, but I would not put it past WG to pull slimey things.

• Cool 1
  • Thanks 1

[HINON]
Alpha Tester
27,528 posts
26,254 battles

If a dispersion nerf had occurred dataminers would be up in arms over it. Besides, WG has announced implemented nerfs before, why wouldn't they announce it here? It's not like that would affect sales of it since it's not available ...

[NUWES]
Members
3,843 posts
15,402 battles

No. It's the same as it has been. 

8 minutes ago, Viva_Palestine said:

No. It's the same as it has been. 

Members
871 posts
20 battles

GC is still as ridiculously overpowered as ever.   I play her occasionally to wind down after a night of high tier play, and I'm sitting on an 88% win rate after 160 battles, with an average damage higher than all of my tier 8 BB's and all but two of my tier 9 BB's. I'm not much of a BB player either. 

The ship is absurd. 

• Thanks 1
  • Boring 1

[BLKRS]
Alpha Tester
1,176 posts
3,088 battles
10 hours ago, Viva_Palestine said:

Honestly.. every since I randomly found Gulio in my Dock, I've LOVED the crap out of that ship.. was my favorite.. It was the pinnacle of what a "Battle Cruiser" should be like.. not as tanky as a BB, but with big guns and more agility. I loved it.. It was such a great dynamic ship. THen they wanted to bring the ship up a tier or two (don't remember to which tier) which would of destroyed its ability to do anything,... now suddenly.. something about the ship just feels off... my average damage on it has gone down, and my shells just feel.. less effective..

I can't put my finger on it exactly, but I've been played the ship enough and I've loved it for so long, that I def notice when something is "off".

[BLKRS]
Alpha Tester
1,176 posts
3,088 battles
10 hours ago, Lert said:

If a dispersion nerf had occurred dataminers would be up in arms over it. Besides, WG has announced implemented nerfs before, why wouldn't they announce it here? It's not like that would affect sales of it since it's not available ...

You don't need to nerf a ship by nerfing its in-game stats... you can change the algorithm on the server side... It's what some devs call "Stealth nerfs". It's impossible for the player base to identify or find as its all server side hush hush calculations. (This is why Russian tanks in WoT seem to just shoot dead center more often on average despite all stats saying it has the same accuracy as other tanks, and this has been proven to be this way to a small degree). It's the server side calculations "tipping" things in a certain direction.

Is this what's going on with GC? Maybe not, but it IS something that exists, both in WarGaming and other games.

• Cool 1

[D-DAY]
Members
7,553 posts
10 hours ago, Moggytwo said:

GC is still as ridiculously overpowered as ever.   I play her occasionally to wind down after a night of high tier play, and I'm sitting on an 88% win rate after 160 battles, with an average damage higher than all of my tier 8 BB's and all but two of my tier 9 BB's. I'm not much of a BB player either. 

The ship is absurd. 

I can remember looking at her stats when she was being considered for the move to Tier VI.

She had numbers that beat all the Tier VI BBs, let alone the Tier V ones - plus she was going to get a buff for that move I believe.

Of course she would then be facing Tier VIII ships - so that would have had an impact, but that is what the buff was about.

Personally I think she should have moved, but I guess too many didn't want to lose the advantages she gave. In the end, if WG are stealth nerfing - in this case I can understand why and support it.

Why? Because too often they have affected other ships when trying to address a couple via the wonderful Global nerf mallet. I'd much prefer they do it behind the scene with one OP ship than damage many. Also prevents those who have had an unfair advantage screaming how it's unfair on the forums.:Smile_honoring:

Members
1,201 posts
3,483 battles

Its accuracy feels very RNG reliant these days. A game yesterday at a sideon to New Mexico at 9k, first AP salvo nearly everything hits for 15k damage, reload and fire again, 1 useless hit on the torpedo protection... Just seems so luck of the dice..

[WOLF5]
[WOLF5]
Members
37,585 posts
30,508 battles
3 hours ago, _WaveRider_ said:

I can remember looking at her stats when she was being considered for the move to Tier VI.

She had numbers that beat all the Tier VI BBs, let alone the Tier V ones - plus she was going to get a buff for that move I believe.

Of course she would then be facing Tier VIII ships - so that would have had an impact, but that is what the buff was about.

Personally I think she should have moved, but I guess too many didn't want to lose the advantages she gave. In the end, if WG are stealth nerfing - in this case I can understand why and support it.

Why? Because too often they have affected other ships when trying to address a couple via the wonderful Global nerf mallet. I'd much prefer they do it behind the scene with one OP ship than damage many. Also prevents those who have had an unfair advantage screaming how it's unfair on the forums.:Smile_honoring:

Musashi wishes she could dominate her own Battleship tier the way Caesar does her own.

The ship is so ridiculous that she needed to be nerfed.  All these people around here complain about balance.  However, when it was time to balance the single most disrupting ship in Tier 5, one of the most broken ships in the game, those same people screamed.  They didn't want their Broken OP ship to get nerfed or shuffled off to Tier 6.

What's funny is that her sister Conte di Cavour came out in the same tier as her with the original WWI build.  These two together in the same tier and night and day difference in power is beyond ridiculous.

• Cool 2

[D-DAY]
Members
7,553 posts
1 hour ago, HazeGrayUnderway said:

Musashi wishes she could dominate her own Battleship tier the way Caesar does her own.

The ship is so ridiculous that she needed to be nerfed.  All these people around here complain about balance.  However, when it was time to balance the single most disrupting ship in Tier 5, one of the most broken ships in the game, those same people screamed.  They didn't want their Broken OP ship to get nerfed or shuffled off to Tier 6.

What's funny is that her sister Conte di Cavour came out in the same tier as her with the original WWI build.  These two together in the same tier and night and day difference in power is beyond ridiculous.

I remember stating I was happy for the Belfast to lose its radar but get the Fiji heal to take away the radar/smoke element. It could still retain the HE for that unique difference, but I wasn't sure where I sat with the torps as I thought getting the Fiji torp equivalent, would likely make it better (rather than different) to the Fiji. 

I am happy they are addressing these OP ships, but also realise the earnings from crate purchase to get these ships is something WG won't want to lose, so there isn't going to be that much of a change. :Smile_honoring:

[TRU]
Members
829 posts
29,066 battles
6 hours ago, LunchCutter said:

Its accuracy feels very RNG reliant these days. A game yesterday at a sideon to New Mexico at 9k, first AP salvo nearly everything hits for 15k damage, reload and fire again, 1 useless hit on the torpedo protection... Just seems so luck of the dice..

Whole-heartedly agree.  I can't prove it was nerfed but recently I have gone from say 50 main battery hits and 90+k damage to 50 hits and 60k damage. 

But it still is OP so I can't complain.  

Members
1,201 posts
3,483 battles

What's actually op about it tho? It has squishy armour, average AA, below average secondary guns, no planes. The best things are it's rudder shift and above average speed for its tier. 

I've had 100s of games in mine and would never say it's accurate or op. It usually has to fight tier 6 and 7 BBs who are largely immune to it's shells.

• Meh 1

[WOLF5]
[WOLF5]
Members
37,585 posts
30,508 battles
2 hours ago, LunchCutter said:

What's actually op about it tho? It has squishy armour, average AA, below average secondary guns, no planes. The best things are it's rudder shift and above average speed for its tier. 

I've had 100s of games in mine and would never say it's accurate or op. It usually has to fight tier 6 and 7 BBs who are largely immune to it's shells.

1.  For it's tier, Caesar is fast.  27kts at Tier V is really good.

2.  It's actually pretty stealthy.  Slap on CE Trait + Camo and she's 11.4km surface detectionTier VII Heavy CRUISER Myoko with the same build has 11.4km surface detection.  Tier VII RNCL Fiji has 10km in the same build.

3.  Caesar, unlike many of her Mid Tier BB peers, can actually hit things.

The 3 combine to allow Caesar players to control their engagements.  Speed and concealment to choose their engagements, precise gunnery to make it matter. 

Caesar's peer Kongo:  Faster, bigger guns.  But Kongo can't hit sh*t and has awful concealment.  Even with CE + Camo her detection range is a godawful 14.1km.  She is not going to surprise anyone.

Another peer is New York:  Gun accuracy I felt was passable for NY, however she has bad concealment with 13.9km surface detection while using CE + Camo.  She is also punished with 21kt max speed.  NY has a problem of not being fast enough for offensive and defensive purposes, and with that concealment, will be hard to surprise anyone or control engagements.

The fun part about Caesar was prowling around in stealth, picking the time and place to hammer someone.  Whether we're talking broadside BBs, or more ideally, hammering Cruisers that don't know where Caesar is at.

The performance is also very telling if one ever decides to look up how Caesar does in all the servers.  Weekly, Quarterly stats, Asia / NA / EU / RU Servers, it doesn't matter.  And the times we have had Tier V Ranked, Caesar has been a dominant ship, and all the owners come out of the woodworks despite this ship being out of circulation for years now.

62Un4gs.jpeg

Edited by HazeGrayUnderway
  • Cool 2

Members
4,709 posts
16,427 battles
13 hours ago, Lady_Athena said:

Honestly.. every since I randomly found Gulio in my Dock, I've LOVED the crap out of that ship.. was my favorite.. It was the pinnacle of what a "Battle Cruiser" should be like.. not as tanky as a BB, but with big guns and more agility. I loved it.. It was such a great dynamic ship. THen they wanted to bring the ship up a tier or two (don't remember to which tier) which would of destroyed its ability to do anything,... now suddenly.. something about the ship just feels off... my average damage on it has gone down, and my shells just feel.. less effective..

I can't put my finger on it exactly, but I've been played the ship enough and I've loved it for so long, that I def notice when something is "off".

My guess would be, you havent played much recently. It's one of those "use it or lose it" things. I dont play bball for a few months, my shot is off. @LunchCutter hadnt played for awhile I remember, he said he returned after taking a break (this was months back) and wondered why he was having trouble. Same idea.

But then again it could be nerf. But just looks like a consistency issue.

[BLKRS]
Alpha Tester
1,176 posts
3,088 battles
30 minutes ago, Rollingonit said:

My guess would be, you havent played much recently. It's one of those "use it or lose it" things. I dont play bball for a few months, my shot is off. @LunchCutter hadnt played for awhile I remember, he said he returned after taking a break (this was months back) and wondered why he was having trouble. Same idea.

But then again it could be nerf. But just looks like a consistency issue.

Im not basing it entirely on damage dealt. It's more, damage I'm dealing per shots that are hitting, and where I'm hitting. Just feels off to what it used to be.

Members
4,709 posts
16,427 battles
1 hour ago, Lady_Athena said:

Im not basing it entirely on damage dealt. It's more, damage I'm dealing per shots that are hitting, and where I'm hitting. Just feels off to what it used to be.

I cant really say anything for certain on it. I havent played it in like year+. Maybe it has been.  

[NMKJT]
Members
4,125 posts
9,114 battles

I have not felt it lately, GC still brutally beats most of T5 and a lot of T6. I know this cause I still play it once in awhile to see what T5 looks like.

Years ago it did feel like it got harder to cit a lot of things, but it was with BBs in general, not just one like GC. Not the cit-roof fix from 2015, after that.

But since then I haven't felt anything beyond the week or so of no water resistance which let you do comical things to other BBs by shooting AP under their belts into their soft bits.

[Y0L0]
Members
749 posts
33,537 battles

Wasn't it discovered that one of the internal armour plates had been removed? I remember hearing about that.

I hope it gets nerfed until it's garbage.

• Boring 1
  • Meh 1

[BUOY]
Members
2,135 posts
21,725 battles
On 7/18/2021 at 2:28 PM, Viva_Palestine said:

The torp lag bug also hits shells, it's just that shell are ofc a whole lot faster and so the effect isn't as noticable.

Members
5,055 posts
14,302 battles
23 hours ago, LunchCutter said:

The other thing is that it's one of the ships that has better accuracy than the numbers indicate because of how closely situated its guns are in their turrets and the turrets are on the ship.

She is also a little harder to hit than most same-tier battleships - there are cruisers within her matchmaking that are bigger.

She is the only ship that I feel confident in doing well when bottom Tier. I just play her like a slow super cruiser against Tier VII.

Of course, the real joy is farming citadels and devastating strike achievements against squishy Tier IV and V cruisers...

[FORM]
Members
2,999 posts
15,488 battles
On 7/18/2021 at 2:28 PM, Viva_Palestine said:

Nah, I played her a couple times in the last few days, she's as OP as she always was.