Jump to content
You need to play a total of 20 battles to post in this section.
I_Know_Putin

Let's make All guns, All torpedoes to have 5 sec delay!!

192 comments in this topic

Recommended Posts

4,423
[WPORT]
Members
11,696 posts
16,031 battles

Yep.

CV's fly the planes close to the target and line-up a shot = the lead.
When planes pull the trigger, there should be no delay.

  • Cool 6
  • Boring 4
  • Meh 4

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Members
699 posts
18,144 battles

This is an absolutely horrific argument. 
 

Shells and torpedos take a _lot_ longer than 3-5 seconds after you pull the trigger to hit their target. 

  • Cool 15
  • Boring 2

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Members
156 posts
1 minute ago, Telastyn said:

This is an absolutely horrific argument. 
 

Shells and torpedos take a _lot_ longer than 3-5 seconds after you pull the trigger to hit their target. 

Yep, wonder if they'd like some cheese.

  • Cool 1
  • Boring 1
  • Meh 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
300
[XR]
Members
119 posts
6,589 battles
1 minute ago, Telastyn said:

This is an absolutely horrific argument. 
 

Shells and torpedos take a _lot_ longer than 3-5 seconds after you pull the trigger to hit their target. 

Uh... hello?

That's how it's supposed to be?????

 

You're argument is horrific.

 

The reason why they invented air craft carrier is... so that you don't have to pull the trigger from your ship.

Isn't it?

 

  • Boring 1
  • Meh 3

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
4,619
[BONKS]
Members
3,171 posts
52 battles
10 minutes ago, I_Know_Putin said:

So, I suggest that we apply this mechanics to everywhere.

It already applies everywhere. Unless when at point blank range both shells and torps have to be lead for well over 3-5 seconds.

CVs were the exception, not the rule.

  • Cool 4
  • Thanks 8

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Members
699 posts
18,144 battles
9 minutes ago, I_Know_Putin said:

Uh... hello?

That's how it's supposed to be?????

 

You're argument is horrific.

 

The reason why they invented air craft carrier is... so that you don't have to pull the trigger from your ship.

Isn't it?

 

1. Your

2. Not a simulation. “Supposed” has minimal influence here.

3. Even though planes get closer, there’s going to be some flight time for rockets. 3-5 seconds is not unreasonable.

4. By complaining about something that every single other class needs to deal with (only 2-10 times worse) you’re not going to sway anyone, except perhaps to proverbially light this thread on fire. The forum is already heavily anti-CV. Why make it easier for them?

Edited by Telastyn
  • Cool 2
  • Haha 3
  • Meh 2

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
695
[NMKJT]
Members
3,395 posts
8,589 battles
17 minutes ago, I_Know_Putin said:

Have you ever seen any guns? or canons wait for 3-5 sec and then release the bullet?

Oh sweet child, that's how it is when you shoot guns at a lot of ranges due to shell travel time, if not worse. Torps even more so, you have to lead a ton.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Members
195 posts
22 minutes ago, I_Know_Putin said:

Hey!

 

We have CV rockets nerfed to the ground with 3-5 sec delay.

Nice job WG!

 

It's so funny because what WG is saying is pretty much this.

When you shoot rockets, it needs 3-5 sec delay after you pull the trigger.

 

Have you ever seen any guns? or canons wait for 3-5 sec and then release the bullet?

What is WG thinking?

 

 

So, I suggest that we apply this mechanics to everywhere.

DD's when you release torps, torps should wait 5 sec before being released.

It should be the same with guns. 

Ridiculous isn't it?

That's how this rocket nerf is.

 

 

 

That's an awful lot of words to just say, "REEEEE!"

  • Funny 1
  • Haha 2

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
5,352
[SALVO]
Members
9,550 posts
6,999 battles
22 minutes ago, I_Know_Putin said:

 

Have you ever seen any guns? or canons wait for 3-5 sec and then release the bullet?

 

Dude, I think knowing Putin made you dumber than the average person. Were you affected by Polonium or some other incapacitating substance?

  • Funny 4
  • Haha 1
  • Boring 1
  • Meh 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
SuperTest Coordinator, Beta Testers
7,133 posts
13,592 battles

Meanwhile, in blindfire land...

 

  • Funny 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Members
4,501 posts
3,255 battles
16 minutes ago, I_Know_Putin said:

 

 

The reason why they invented air craft carrier is... so that you don't have to pull the trigger from your ship.

Isn't it?

 

No, they invented the aircraft carrier to provide scouting for the fleet, the traditional cruiser role. Cruiser Voler, flight cruiser. It's why it has cruiser in the name. 

  • Cool 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
4,423
[WPORT]
Members
11,696 posts
16,031 battles
18 minutes ago, Telastyn said:

This is an absolutely horrific argument. 
 

Shells and torpedos take a _lot_ longer than 3-5 seconds after you pull the trigger to hit their target. 

When you click "fire" your torpedoes launch.
Lining-up the shot and taking the proper lead is decided upon by the player before hitting the left-mouse-button to "Fire" the torpedoes.  There is no delay once you hit the left mouse button.
Travel time to the target is the speed of the torpedo.  Same principle for all ordnance, it travels at the speed of the ordnance (once it has been fired).

Yet rockets were deliberately nerfed by introducing a delay between the time the left-mouse-button is pressed and when the rockets actually launch.
And it is not consistent, because it varies from plane to plane according to the various planes used on various CV's.

Are CV players learning to adapt?  Oh yeah.  And that doesn't mean for one moment that we should feel happy about it.
It's just one more in a long list of things CV players have had to deal with, and eventually be proud of overcoming, in order to contribute to their team's success in battle.

  • Cool 3
  • Funny 1
  • Haha 1
  • Boring 1
  • Meh 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
36,693
[HINON]
Alpha Tester
26,283 posts
22,562 battles

I'd love a 3 -5 second delay on my shells and torpedoes instead of the 12s+ for shells and 30s+ for torpedoes that I have now between clicking fire and them hitting.

  • Cool 2
  • Haha 6

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
897
[PROJX]
Beta Testers
1,392 posts
5,593 battles
Just now, Wolfswetpaws said:

When you click "fire" your torpedoes launch.
Lining-up the shot and taking the proper lead is decided upon by the player before hitting the left-mouse-button to "Fire" the torpedoes.  There is no delay once you hit the left mouse button.
Travel time to the target is the speed of the torpedo.  Same principle for all ordnance, it travels at the speed of the ordnance (once it has been fired).

The actual flight time of the rockets are less than a second.

You are getting caught up on when the animation for rockets launching starts, when you should just think of it as taking 3-6 seconds for the rockets to land after clicking attack. 

2 minutes ago, Wolfswetpaws said:

And it is not consistent, because it varies from plane to plane according to the various planes used on various CV's.

It's fairly consistent across one line. The same as surface ships. You don't expect Kremlin guns to have to aim ahead as much as you would with a Vermont, right? 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Members
1,781 posts

I dunno, but depending on the ship I play there is a 3-20s delay between my click of the mouse button and the shells hitting the target.

Somehow ship players adapted to this by leading their target and predicting their moves, have you tried that?

  • Funny 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
2,541
[D-DAY]
Members
7,169 posts
28 minutes ago, I_Know_Putin said:

Hey!

 

We have CV rockets nerfed to the ground with 3-5 sec delay.

Nice job WG!

 

It's so funny because what WG is saying is pretty much this.

When you shoot rockets, it needs 3-5 sec delay after you pull the trigger.

 

Have you ever seen any guns? or canons wait for 3-5 sec and then release the bullet?

What is WG thinking?

 

 

So, I suggest that we apply this mechanics to everywhere.

DD's when you release torps, torps should wait 5 sec before being released.

It should be the same with guns. 

Ridiculous isn't it?

That's how this rocket nerf is.

 

 

 

Correct, in a way:

I believe what WG were saying was the DD/Rocket interaction was not as they wished it so they added the delay to allow for a better chance for DDs to evade. SO yes they have stated that rockets require a delay.

 

However, they have also said other ships need delays over time as well, like the recent Fiji increase to the gun fire reload times. Of course there is also the time the round takes to reach the target - but then the time the plane reaches the target can also be shortened by being closer to the target as well.

Maybe WG feels changes are needed and implement them all the time.

 

Happy to discuss how this has 'terribly' affected CVs - especially with a great post made by a CV player showing a very nice match of over 100k damage and only one rocket hit (to a DD no less) - apparently not so nerfed into the ground? :cap_hmm:

 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
2,541
[D-DAY]
Members
7,169 posts
1 minute ago, Lert said:

I'd love a 3 -5 second delay on my shells and torpedoes instead of the 12s+ for shells and 30s+ for torpedoes that I have now between clicking fire and them hitting.

Play by the rules Lert! 

If there is no logic to the OPs post then there should be none to yours! only fair. :Smile_teethhappy:

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Members
1,969 posts
21 minutes ago, Telastyn said:

This is an absolutely horrific argument. 
 

Shells and torpedos take a _lot_ longer than 3-5 seconds after you pull the trigger to hit their target. 

You had to lead the target prior to 10.5 with rockets anyways. People talk like rockets was instantaneous. It wasn't. Shells fly at 800+ m/s.  Fail argument. Artillery is far more accurate, and the closer the target is, the less your argument applies.

Imagine if you aimed with artillery (3 seconds)... lead the target ... PLUS flight time (14 seconds)... and then a 5 second delay was added ON TOP of that? With a giant warning sign on the water showing where the shells will land?

You're comparing apples to oranges.

  • Cool 1
  • Thanks 2
  • Meh 3

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
37
[SALV0]
Members
86 posts
18,119 battles

Can I please have torpedoes that require 5 sec lead time from a modest 10km?

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
4,423
[WPORT]
Members
11,696 posts
16,031 battles
1 minute ago, PotatoMD said:

The actual flight time of the rockets are less than a second.

You are getting caught up on when the animation for rockets launching starts, when you should just think of it as taking 3-6 seconds for the rockets to land after clicking attack. 

It's fairly consistent across one line. The same as surface ships. You don't expect Kremlin guns to have to aim ahead as much as you would with a Vermont, right? 

Everything you just wrote indicates you're not playing CV's up & down the spectrum of tiers and across the spectrum of national lines.  
In other words, you're unfamiliar with what you're attempting to pontificate about, it appears.

Don't worry yourself though.  I'll just put you on my ignore list.  :-)

  • Boring 1
  • Meh 2

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Members
699 posts
18,144 battles
2 minutes ago, Wolfswetpaws said:

When you click "fire" your torpedoes launch.
Lining-up the shot and taking the proper lead is decided upon by the player before hitting the left-mouse-button to "Fire" the torpedoes.  There is no delay once you hit the left mouse button.
Travel time to the target is the speed of the torpedo.  Same principle for all ordnance, it travels at the speed of the ordnance (once it has been fired).

Yet rockets were deliberately nerfed by introducing a delay between the time the left-mouse-button is pressed and when the rockets actually launch.
And it is not consistent, because it varies from plane to plane according to the various planes used on various CV's.

Are CV players learning to adapt?  Oh yeah.  And that doesn't mean for one moment that we should feel happy about it.
It's just one more in a long list of things CV players have had to deal with, and eventually be proud of overcoming, in order to contribute to their team's success in battle.

Shrug

Mechanically, there is zero difference if the animation when you click the button is rockets in flight or some approach time followed by rockets. 
 

Yes, that added delay is a nerf. Yes, having it vary per nation makes it harder. I agree with those things! I agree that the shoddy implementation is unfun to play with and of questionable balance to the game.

But literally every other class in the game has worse delays, and worse variance between ships/nations. Nobody is going to give half a crapthat rockets suffer from a fraction of what they face every single game.

  • Thanks 2

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
4,423
[WPORT]
Members
11,696 posts
16,031 battles
5 minutes ago, ElectroVeeDub said:

You had to lead the target prior to 10.5 with rockets anyways. People talk like rockets was instantaneous. It wasn't. Shells fly at 800+ m/s.  Fail argument. Artillery is far more accurate, and the closer the target is, the less your argument applies.

Imagine if you aimed with artillery (3 seconds)... lead the target ... PLUS flight time (14 seconds)... and then a 5 second delay was added ON TOP of that? With a giant warning sign on the water showing where the shells will land?

You're comparing apples to oranges.

Up-vote.  image_2021-07-18_140831.png.e68842c1b24750a643ad953dec0e14ce.png

  • Cool 1
  • Boring 1
  • Meh 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
897
[PROJX]
Beta Testers
1,392 posts
5,593 battles
8 minutes ago, Wolfswetpaws said:

Everything you just wrote indicates you're not playing CV's up & down the spectrum of tiers and across the spectrum of national lines.  
In other words, you're unfamiliar with what you're attempting to pontificate about, it appears.

 

Aircraft Carriers Attack Aircraft Machine Gun Action Time (s)
flag_Japan_740b57e1da9b5d3fe46b61e09e3dcstandard_84f55678325d4b492215390a7f0b430IV Hōshō A4N 3.8
flag_Japan_740b57e1da9b5d3fe46b61e09e3dcstandard_84f55678325d4b492215390a7f0b430VI Ryūjō A5M Claude (stock) 3.8
A6M2 Zero (researchable) 3.8
flag_Japan_740b57e1da9b5d3fe46b61e09e3dcstandard_84f55678325d4b492215390a7f0b430VIII Shōkaku A6M5 Zero (stock) 3.9
N1K2-J Shiden Kai (researchable) 3.9
flag_Japan_740b57e1da9b5d3fe46b61e09e3dcpremium_4516ee494bb0396e51796cebff5e45c3VIII Kaga, flag_Japan_740b57e1da9b5d3fe46b61e09e3dcpremium_4516ee494bb0396e51796cebff5e45c3VIII Kaga B A6M5 Zero 3.9
flag_Japan_740b57e1da9b5d3fe46b61e09e3dcstandard_84f55678325d4b492215390a7f0b430X Hakuryū A7M Reppū (stock) 4
A8M Rikufū (researchable) 4

This is from the official 10.5 patchnotes. 

...Do you really think 0.2 seconds is a huge difference? 

11 minutes ago, Wolfswetpaws said:

Don't worry yourself though.  I'll just put you on my ignore list.  :-)

The echo chamber grows. 

  • Thanks 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

  • Recently Browsing   0 members

    No registered users viewing this page.

×