Jump to content
Sign in to follow this  
You need to play a total of 20 battles to post in this section.
Yesman1337

British Battle Cruiser Line (Predictions/Suggestions)

12 comments in this topic

Recommended Posts

177
[EQV]
Members
314 posts
1,822 battles

With the addition of the Germans own BC's the British can't be far behind especially considering the introduction of the new premium British BC's being the HMS Repulse and Incomparable on the horizon. Just my thoughts/wishes of what we could possible be seeing and getting in time.

Tier IV: HMS Invincible (Invincible Class) Lost in the Battle of Jutland sadly but a great historical ship nonetheless. 

Tier V: HMS Lion (Lion Class) New and improved turret layout with a sizeable increase to the armor as well.

(Possibly stick HMS Tiger at Tier V and push each one down a tier)

Tier VI: HMS Renown (Renown Class) Bigger is always better with guns who need more of them just fire a bigger shell.

Premium Ideas - Tier VI:

HMS Courageous (Courageous Class) Very few guns but super small super fast and super agile could be interesting (Maybe very stealthy as well could be an interesting flanker and take off angles to catch people off guard with big guns)

HMS Furious (Courageous Class) Same as above but with the 2 single 18in guns mounted because why not. It would be fun or at the least interesting to run around with only 2 enormous guns at that tier especially on such a small agile ship.

Tier VII: HMS Anson (Or any of the other Admiral Class ships) One of Hoods never built sister ships.

Tier VIII: HMS Admiral (Not sure what to call it) The planned refit of the HMS Hood with reinforced armor and a massively boosted AA suit as well as aviation capabilities. 

Tier IX: J3 Class (One of the many designs that eventually gave way to the HMS Nelson and HMS Rodney)

Tier X: G3 Class (An interesting design to say the least very large and an odd turret layout but with sizable guns and good speed it could be interesting)

Consumables for all the ships asides for the two suggested premiums (Who would also get a smoke generator) would be the same. Standard Damage Con and Repair Party with the addition of Engine Boost and DFAA and spotter aircraft (On the ones with aviation equipment some may need the upgraded hull in order to do so)

All the other variations such as the L2/3, K2/3, I2/3 etc could possibly be premiums down the line or maybe giving way into an entire separate branch going off into the F designs or something. 

Just my wishing for what to see in the future. If yall got any suggestion or new ones I didn't know about I'd be glad to learn of them.  

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Members
306 posts
1,531 battles
7 minutes ago, Yesman1337 said:

HMS Renown (Renown Cl[edited])

This is all but guaranteed.

Other likely inclusions are either Lion or Tiger, Queen Mary, Courageous (pre-conversion), Invincible, and possibly one of the unbuilt Admirals (maybe with Hood’s planned refit).

A G-3 would be interesting.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
4,167
[SYN]
[SYN]
Members
9,312 posts
18,626 battles

I'd definitely put Tiger in and down Tier the earlier ships.

J3 and G3 seem too high at 9/10.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1,938
[IND8]
[IND8]
Members
1,745 posts
14,258 battles
5 hours ago, Yesman1337 said:

With the addition of the Germans own BC's the British can't be far behind especially considering the introduction of the new premium British BC's being the HMS Repulse and Incomparable on the horizon. Just my thoughts/wishes of what we could possible be seeing and getting in time.

Tier IV: HMS Invincible (Invincible Class) Lost in the Battle of Jutland sadly but a great historical ship nonetheless. 

Tier V: HMS Lion (Lion Class) New and improved turret layout with a sizeable increase to the armor as well.

(Possibly stick HMS Tiger at Tier V and push each one down a tier)

Tier VI: HMS Renown (Renown Class) Bigger is always better with guns who need more of them just fire a bigger shell.

Premium Ideas - Tier VI:

HMS Courageous (Courageous Class) Very few guns but super small super fast and super agile could be interesting (Maybe very stealthy as well could be an interesting flanker and take off angles to catch people off guard with big guns)

HMS Furious (Courageous Class) Same as above but with the 2 single 18in guns mounted because why not. It would be fun or at the least interesting to run around with only 2 enormous guns at that tier especially on such a small agile ship.

Tier VII: HMS Anson (Or any of the other Admiral Class ships) One of Hoods never built sister ships.

Tier VIII: HMS Admiral (Not sure what to call it) The planned refit of the HMS Hood with reinforced armor and a massively boosted AA suit as well as aviation capabilities. 

Tier IX: J3 Class (One of the many designs that eventually gave way to the HMS Nelson and HMS Rodney)

Tier X: G3 Class (An interesting design to say the least very large and an odd turret layout but with sizable guns and good speed it could be interesting)

Consumables for all the ships asides for the two suggested premiums (Who would also get a smoke generator) would be the same. Standard Damage Con and Repair Party with the addition of Engine Boost and DFAA and spotter aircraft (On the ones with aviation equipment some may need the upgraded hull in order to do so)

All the other variations such as the L2/3, K2/3, I2/3 etc could possibly be premiums down the line or maybe giving way into an entire separate branch going off into the F designs or something. 

Just my wishing for what to see in the future. If yall got any suggestion or new ones I didn't know about I'd be glad to learn of them.  

With the German battlecruisers starting at Tier 3, it is safe to assume the British battlecruisers will do the same. That said, I have some adjustments to suggest. Here is what my current updated list is.

III Invincible - Everything you said, except its guns are a bit light for anything later than tier III.

IV Princess Royal - Since we have the later Lion class at tier IX in the main battleship line, it makes sense that the tech tree will instead use the second ship of the class here.

V Tiger '13 - There must be a reason they included the year on the premium cruiser, and this is the best explanation. The Lion class, Queen Mary, and Tiger were all very similar, making separating tiers IV and V difficult, but Tiger was 1500-2000 long tons greater displacement than the others, giving it a likely HP advantage and the clear choice to be the Tier V.

VI Renown - Duh!!!!

VII Anson (Hood class) - also a fairly obvious choice, although the name Howe may also be used, as the King George V class versions are likely to never come into the game.

VIII Jellicoe (J3) - The known progression of unbuilt battlecruiser design, John Jellicoe seems an easy namesake, although realistically, had the British Navy tried to actually name a battlecruiser after him, Churchill would have had a stroke.

IX Beatty (G3) - A lot of people hate the use of the G3 here because of the awkward gun layout, but it's tier IX, where things like that tend to happen, so roll with it.

X Britania (K3) - Imagine Thunderer with 3x3 instead of 4x2 and nerfs. That is this design. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
113
[ARRSE]
Members
232 posts
1,459 battles

Given how "meh" most of the recent RN and Commonwealth additions have been, perhaps its not a good idea to encourage another RN line. WG doesn't seem to see the RN as a core player market, and so it'd be a shame to just end up with more mediocre content designed to make other lines look good.

  • Funny 1
  • Boring 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
177
[EQV]
Members
314 posts
1,822 battles
9 hours ago, Shannon_Lindsey said:

With the German battlecruisers starting at Tier 3, it is safe to assume the British battlecruisers will do the same. That said, I have some adjustments to suggest. Here is what my current updated list is.

III Invincible - Everything you said, except its guns are a bit light for anything later than tier III.

IV Princess Royal - Since we have the later Lion class at tier IX in the main battleship line, it makes sense that the tech tree will instead use the second ship of the class here.

V Tiger '13 - There must be a reason they included the year on the premium cruiser, and this is the best explanation. The Lion class, Queen Mary, and Tiger were all very similar, making separating tiers IV and V difficult, but Tiger was 1500-2000 long tons greater displacement than the others, giving it a likely HP advantage and the clear choice to be the Tier V.

VI Renown - Duh!!!!

VII Anson (Hood class) - also a fairly obvious choice, although the name Howe may also be used, as the King George V class versions are likely to never come into the game.

VIII Jellicoe (J3) - The known progression of unbuilt battlecruiser design, John Jellicoe seems an easy namesake, although realistically, had the British Navy tried to actually name a battlecruiser after him, Churchill would have had a stroke.

IX Beatty (G3) - A lot of people hate the use of the G3 here because of the awkward gun layout, but it's tier IX, where things like that tend to happen, so roll with it.

X Britania (K3) - Imagine Thunderer with 3x3 instead of 4x2 and nerfs. That is this design. 

I totally forgot about the K Class BC's must've slipped my mind but yeah it could also work I suppose. Maybe move the refitted Hood to a premium of sorts. Though I feel it would be incredibly hard to balance a ship with that much firepower and mobility. Its accuracy would either have to be anemic and unfun or basically just be perma detected or who knows what else as people already hate the Thunderer now imagine if it was smaller faster and had an extra gun. Still a good idea though. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Members
306 posts
1,531 battles
11 hours ago, Shannon_Lindsey said:

V Tiger '13 - There must be a reason they included the year on the premium cruiser, and this is the best explanation.

I genuinely hadn't thought of this. Good point. Why else would they specify the name as "Tiger '59"?

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
613
[REKTD]
Members
1,173 posts
15,206 battles

Definitely Tiger at T5, similarities to Kongo too.

I think the “special” feature for the line should be Maximum Rate of Fire consumable, giving a 45% reduction in main battery reload time for 60 seconds (4 high speed salvoes), but increasing the detonation risk x 30% for it’s duration.

Courageous should be the ultimate sniper - insane accuracy and dispersion, low detect, but paper armor and average RoF. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1,211
[BONKY]
Members
2,216 posts
25,939 battles

With German battlecruisers coming (plus Repulse and Incomparable) I think we can assume RN Battlecruisers are coming fairly soon. My idea would for the line would be...
1: Normal HE and AP
2: Supercruiser disperison with decent sigma (1.8-2.0 depending on tier)
3: Good firing range
4: Low number of guns and caliber for their tiers (sort of becomes false at high tiers)
5: slightly poor reload for the number of guns
6: Bow/stern plating in line with standard heavy cruiser plating (13mm T3-5, 16mm T6 and 7, 25mm T8-10) while the casemate/decks in line with standard BB plating (16, 19, 26, 32)
7: Exposed, high rise citadel with not very good belt armor for BB standards
8: Good stealth (not Incomparable level insane of 10.6 but around Thunderer's 12.3km at T10)
9: reduced number of heals compared to other BBs
10: Cruiser damage control
11: Speed Boost available from T8 (8% for 3minutes)

Tier III: Invincible- makes perfect sense to start a RN battlecruiser line with the world's first
Tier IV: Could go Indefagtable, but she is a slightly improved Invincible, so probably going Queen Mary here
Tier V: OG Tiger makes the most sense, but Indefag being T4 could mean a posible squeezing of Queen Mary at T5 with help, freeing a possible "what if refit" of Tiger accompanying Repulse as a T6 premium
Tier VI: Renown- as she appeared in her modernized state
Tier VII: Anson- What if Hood survived against Bismarck or was modernized before WW2 started? This answers that question. Appearance wise, think Warspite but longer. Side Note, all 15in guns mentioned here have the same AP performance as Vangaurd's (pen, muzzle velocity, arcs) but Monarch's damage (11900) could be nerfed if needed
Tier VIII: Design J3 (Craddock)- Named for Sir Christopher Craddock,  who fought valiantly against overwhelming odds at the battle of Coronel, J3 is armed with 9 15in guns, capable of 32knts, but only 12in of belt armor
Tier IX: Design G3 (Sturdee) Named for Devon Sturdee, who sought revenge for Craddock and his men, G3 blurs the line of Fast Battleship or Battlecruiser, armed with 9 16in guns later used on the Nelson-class. Also looks like an Oil tanker
Tier X: Design K3 (Jellicoe)- Named after the Grand Fleet Admiral, K3 has a powerful broadside of 9 18in guns, but is a downgrade in armor to Sturdee with once again only 12in of armor. Ship also buffed to be able to achieve 33knts before speed boost so it is not slower than Sturdee.

Edited by tfcas119

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
4,900
[ARS]
Beta Testers
8,255 posts
9,217 battles
2 hours ago, tfcas119 said:

7: Exposed, high rise citadel with not very good belt armor for BB standards armor. Ship also buffed to be able to achieve 33knts before speed boost so it is not slower than Sturdee.

I don't know about the others, but Hood does not have an exposed, high rise citadel and has belt armor in line with other Tier VII BBs.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
350
[DAKK]
Members
758 posts
17,714 battles
3 hours ago, tfcas119 said:

Appearance wise, think Warspite but longer and an extra gun

Are you suggesting that the Anson would carry 5 twin 15" turrets, or are you thinking of Renown (which was 3 twin 15" turrets, so Anson would have 4)?

 

I doubt that WG would go for the 5 twin idea. I know it's dangerous to base any thought on real life or physics, but I can't think of any real life refits where a ship gained a new main gun turret + barbette, probably due to the weight of steel involved. Any ship which had a 5x2 layout could be inspired by Hood, sure, but it wouldn't be presented as a potential refit.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Guest
This topic is now closed to further replies.
Sign in to follow this  

  • Recently Browsing   0 members

    No registered users viewing this page.

×