Jump to content
Sign in to follow this  
You need to play a total of 20 battles to post in this section.
TheHolyAsdf

"Resupply using in-game currency if available"

16 comments in this topic

Recommended Posts

45
[R0SE]
Members
83 posts
1,985 battles

Why does it seem like this option ticks itself back whenever i untick it? Is that intentional?

  • Cool 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Members
156 posts
1 minute ago, TheHolyAsdf said:

Why does it seem like this option ticks itself back whenever i untick it? Is that intentional?

It may be that it's a never before used ship?  The first time you go in on a new ship it's checked/ticked.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
5,085
[WOLFG]
Members
13,442 posts
12,906 battles
22 minutes ago, TheHolyAsdf said:

Why does it seem like this option ticks itself back whenever i untick it? Is that intentional?

I don't know about intentional, but it is awfully easy to turn it on.

Now, do I think it is intentional?

Yes.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1,427
[-TRM-]
[-TRM-]
Members
4,135 posts

Its quietly intentional.

Drip drip drip drip drains you little by little Suddenly you need to spend some money again. But dont know why.

And there it is.

I keep zero doubleloons on hand in game until planned spending is bought and used in 10 minutes flat. Back to zero. AS FAR as the credits I dont worry about it 50 million on hand I dont notice the drip. Or can be bothered to worry about such nicky picky [edited].

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
18,724
[ARGSY]
Members
25,720 posts
19,815 battles

It's not intentional and it's easily avoidable if you have any attention to detail whatsoever.

  • Boring 2
  • Meh 5

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
6,127
[PVE]
[PVE]
Members
10,426 posts
26,907 battles
15 minutes ago, Ensign_Cthulhu said:

It's not intentional and it's easily avoidable if you have any attention to detail whatsoever.

I disagree. It has been an issue since before I started playing the game. I used to give them the benefit of the doubt, but after all this time and several "fixes", I believe it is not only intentional but nefarious as well. It is meant to drain players of resources plain and simple. Saying otherwise is delusion and ignores Wargaming's history of addressing this particular player concern. 

Edited by Taylor3006

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
4,438
[WPORT]
Members
11,726 posts
16,062 battles
2 hours ago, TheHolyAsdf said:

Why does it seem like this option ticks itself back whenever i untick it? Is that intentional?

I suspect so, yes.
Just keep turning it "off" whenever you find it set to "on".  Be vigilant.  :-)

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
2,428
[WDS]
[WDS]
Members
4,572 posts
13,027 battles
1 hour ago, Taylor3006 said:

I disagree. It has been an issue since before I started playing the game. I used to give them the benefit of the doubt, but after all this time and several "fixes", I believe it is not only intentional but nefarious as well. It is meant to drain players of resources plain and simple. Saying otherwise is delusion and ignores Wargaming's history of addressing this particular player concern. 

 It's never been a problem for me I don't know maybe once or twice on a new ship and then I turned off no problem again .

Edited by clammboy

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
6,127
[PVE]
[PVE]
Members
10,426 posts
26,907 battles
23 minutes ago, clammboy said:

 It's never been a problem for me I don't know maybe once or twice on a new ship and then I turned off no problem again .

Well I have never had a problem with it because once I learned that there was an issue, just never automatically resupplied anything. Seemed a simple enough solution for me but I don't think newer players are aware of the problem and that is why we get several of these threads every year. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
2,428
[WDS]
[WDS]
Members
4,572 posts
13,027 battles
18 minutes ago, Taylor3006 said:

Well I have never had a problem with it because once I learned that there was an issue, just never automatically resupplied anything. Seemed a simple enough solution for me but I don't think newer players are aware of the problem and that is why we get several of these threads every year. 

Yup the problem is its only 6 or 8 doubloons you don't catch till it took out 30 or 40 most times . But again that was my fault on the new ship but it would be nice if it was off to start with even on a new ship  .

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1,431
[CO-OP]
Members
3,960 posts
32,015 battles

Like most on this thread, I am aware that it switches on erratically, so I always check to make sure that it is set correctly.  

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
13,521
[WOLF3]
[WOLF3]
Members
32,296 posts
27,061 battles

It's very intentional.  People have complained about this even back in 2015 when the game was new.  The worst is when you don't notice it at first, and then realize it later on and start to wonder how much Doubloons you got screwed with.

  • Cool 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
5,085
[WOLFG]
Members
13,442 posts
12,906 battles
33 minutes ago, HazeGrayUnderway said:

It's very intentional.  People have complained about this even back in 2015 when the game was new.  The worst is when you don't notice it at first, and then realize it later on and start to wonder how much Doubloons you got screwed with.

Yeah, I found if you have a permacamo, and switch to a one use, it automatically defaults to the one use.

 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1,577
[CVA16]
Members
6,875 posts
21,086 battles

Modstation also has a setting to make not resupplying for in game resources the default.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
109
[X-M-S]
Members
327 posts
4,833 battles
On 7/17/2021 at 2:56 PM, Ensign_Cthulhu said:

It's not intentional and it's easily avoidable if you have any attention to detail whatsoever.

Obviously it's intentional.  The program didn't write itself.  Someone wrote the code and chose which way to set the default.  You may choose to ascribe sinister or innocent motives for why, but I don't see how you can claim it's not intentional.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Sign in to follow this  

  • Recently Browsing   0 members

    No registered users viewing this page.

×