Sign in to follow this  
You need to play a total of 20 battles to post in this section.
TheHolyAsdf

"Try Your Luck" Daily Container

14 comments in this topic

[R0SE]
Members
83 posts
1,954 battles

What are folks opinion on this? Would there be good reasons to get it? I have always chosen resource container as it's the primary source of coal.

[DMGS]
Members
198 posts
7,404 battles

Unless I had more coal than I’d ever need (yeah, right...) or I have a spur of the moment to try this, I always get resource containers. Whether I have a 2% chance or 1% chance at a super container really doesn’t matter to me really.

• Cool 1

[CO-OP]
Members
3,913 posts
31,718 battles

Unless you have a large stockpile of coal, and don't need signals, TYL is a bad option.  You get more of each from those specific containers.  If you do have sufficient quantities of both, then TYL doubles your chances of getting a super container (from ~1.5% to 3%.)  

[RLGN]
Members
16,809 posts
29,440 battles

Trying to settle on a new pattern after the signals changes; but before, I always picked; Signals, Resources, TYL, rpeat, with a Credits, container added in every thirty other containers.

Never, personally, had any reason to be dissatisfied with the results, but as they say; YMMV.

4 minutes ago, Firewalk said:

Whether I have a 2% chance or 1% chance at a super container really doesn’t matter to me really.

Have had 96 SC, (dropping from all four base choices,) since containers started. (I don't count SC dropped as awards or gifts, or as Christmas containers.)

[RLGN]
Members
16,809 posts
29,440 battles
2 minutes ago, HamptonRoads said:

Unless you have a large stockpile of coal, and don't need signals, TYL is a bad option.  You get more of each from those specific containers.  If you do have sufficient quantities of both, then TYL doubles your chances of getting a super container (from ~1.5% to 3%.)  

830mil credits right now, (had 920mil, but repurchased and purchased a lot of ships pushing for the 350 ships Achievement, (at 345.) Old sold ships, first two PA DD, Minnesota, and Vermont.)

604k Coal.

[WOLF5]
Supertester
5,236 posts
4,354 battles

Nope, I always go for resources. The TYL super drop chance isn't high enough to justify changing. Chances are you'd lose out on at a couple thousand coal for an extra 50 detonation flags:Smile_sceptic:

[NG-NL]
Members
6,610 posts
10,993 battles

Daily resources container is pretty much the king.

That said, I'd be willing to consider forfeiting 60 of them or so for a guaranteed SC. However, WG doesn't want us having shots at getting free premium time or ships that much.

[HELLS]
Members
2,890 posts
33,044 battles

Just got a week's premium time from a supercontainer this morning as my first crate of the day having selected resources. I take what I can get and rarely use TYL as a choice, it gets me more useful stuff in the end to chose what I need or am short of. Resources is my choice 95% of the time.

[UNHLY]
Members
5,347 posts
14,868 battles

If I’m selecting the container, it’s always going to be more resources. Coal is just too useful to go for anything else. In fact, the majority of the supercontainers I get from daily crates I’d actually prefer to swap with resource crates, especially since so many of them aren’t that ‘super’ in the first place. 

I know there are some long time streamer CCs that pick TYL containers, but they’re in a very different situation since they get so much stuff added to their account automatically by being CCs. 

[JHF]
[JHF]
Members
357 posts
5,482 battles

Once and a while I get a super container from it.  I guess that is the real point of it.  Although why do I feel like I have gotten super containers when selecting resource containers as well? 

[BTLST]
Members
345 posts
8,025 battles
6 minutes ago, wooserloop said:

Once and a while I get a super container from it.  I guess that is the real point of it.  Although why do I feel like I have gotten super containers when selecting resource containers as well? 

Because you do have a chance to get SCs as well when selecting resource containers. It's just a much lower chance (ca. 1.5% instead of ca. 3% IIRC).

Members
1,124 posts
13,633 battles
7 minutes ago, wooserloop said:

You will get supercontainers from any selection.  You just have double the chance from a TYL than from Resources, Signals or Credits selections.

[JHF]
[JHF]
Members
357 posts
5,482 battles

Thanks for the information.  I thought I seeing things the first time it happened

Members
818 posts
6,287 battles

for a while i tried going for  "try your luck" container but truth is that the odds of geting a SC is not much higher than normal containers while the overall gain is significantly worst than normal containers. On top of that geting a SC does not guarantee a valuable reward.

if WG was to increase the chance to at least 5% or remove the bad SC from appearing i would consider it

Edited by pepe_trueno

Sign in to follow this