You need to play a total of 20 battles to post in this section.
Lancelot0001

Why Kitakami is suspended?

56 comments in this topic

[AZUR1]
Members
269 posts
5,664 battles

It's a very fun ship with 40 trop tubes mounted.

Just found that this ship testing has been suspended indefinitely.

1200px-Kitakami_wows_main.thumb.jpg.4710a6f1726ee3b9d1b3faec915842aa.jpg

Edited by Lancelot0001
  • Haha 2
  • Sad 2

[TDR]
[TDR]
Members
1,337 posts
14,247 battles

Bummer, was looking forward to this ship and associated memery 

[EQRN]
Members
2,301 posts
21,469 battles

I was in a Random a few months ago with one on the other side.  Utterly inconsequential to the battle and they lost.  But maybe there are more data points saying otherwise.  I don’t think this would have been another Smolensk, but that’s just my opinion.

Members
276 posts
802 battles
11 minutes ago, Lancelot0001 said:

It's a very fun ship with 40 trop tubes mounted.

1200px-Kitakami_wows_main.thumb.jpg.4710a6f1726ee3b9d1b3faec915842aa.jpg

How long do you think a T4 hull with T4 AA is going to last in a T8-T10 battle with CV's, Hybrids, Dutch umbrella bombs, and all the other high-tier gimmicks?

• Thanks 1

[PVE]
Members
7,589 posts
17 minutes ago, Lancelot0001 said:

Source?

• Thanks 1

[HINON]
Members
9,242 posts
13,933 battles

not surprising, it was near impossible to balance whats literally a T4 hull with T4 everything, other than torps, in a T10 environment when the only good thing about the ship is that it has 40 torpedoes

Edited by tcbaker777

[SALVO]
Members
9,489 posts
6,975 battles

The core problem here is they want to cash in it by forcing her into T10. This ship could be easily balanced at T5-6 but there's no good revenue there.

Members
45 posts
2,664 battles
13 minutes ago, General_Lee_Miserable said:

There is no way to balance it. That's why. The entire idea was a fail from the beginning. 

In the latest T10 version, it's the same concept at CV but on steroids....

High skill floor (although with CVs, WG goes out of their way to lower it) but super high skill ceiling.

But these things in a div with players who know what they are doing, and it's a total pain to deal with.... and not much fun since it's hard to shoot back.

So, I agree, it's hard to find a middle ground that works for both mediocre and skilled players.

[HINON]
Members
9,242 posts
13,933 battles
5 minutes ago, ArIskandir said:

The core problem here is they want to cash in it by forcing her into T10. This ship could be easily balanced at T5-6 but there's no good revenue there.

dude, at T5-6 those torps would take, like, 3 minutes or more to load for balance reasons and the ship would still have AA that may as well not even exist as well as still only being able to bring 3 guns out of its 4 to bare on any target

Edited by tcbaker777

[SALVO]
Members
9,489 posts
6,975 battles
8 minutes ago, tcbaker777 said:

dude, at T5-6 those torps would take, like, 3 minutes or more to load for balance reasons and the ship would still have AA that may as well not even exist as well as still only being able to bring 3 guns out of its 4 to bare on any target

Give her T3-4 torps and be done with it, you can also stagger reload times like the Airstrikes. No ship at T5-6 has functional AA anyway and the guns are less ridiculous at that tier than at T10, the guns are there just to scare DDs from closing in anyway, you'll not be farming anything with them anyway. I'm not saying it would be a "balanced" ship, but it would make a bit more sense placing her into a more reasonable tier.  

[SYN]
Members
16,001 posts
12,803 battles

just give Kitakami 20km shima torps with a really long reload

bam! ship can be used the way it was intended to be used

[Y0L0W]
Members
692 posts
22,015 battles

Where are you guys getting this info? Feeling like I'm out of the loop.

[PVE]
Members
7,589 posts
18 minutes ago, Lancelot0001 said:

WOWS wiki

I'm not sure that is a good source.  If it came from a dev blog than it would be official.  From the wiki, well, then aren't kept in the loop.

[A-D-F]
Beta Testers
3,490 posts
11,204 battles

From what I can gather, the disclaimer was added in Feb of this year

[NG-NL]
Members
6,611 posts
10,993 battles

Set it to 14km torps and it's ready.

Frankly, given how much WG's ready to jolt the meta, they might as well keep doing it.

• Thanks 1

[BONKS]
Members
3,164 posts
52 battles
4 minutes ago, Reymu said:

Set it to 14km torps and it's ready.

Current torps have 15km range. You actually want to downgrade them? From what I've seen the ship is already beyond useless as it is.

[SHOOT]
[SHOOT]
Beta Testers
4,409 posts
13,102 battles
2 hours ago, Lancelot0001 said:

This outrageous! Why remove the team damage penalty in the first place! It's not like the ship could inflict team damage now; or in danger if becoming another Smolensk. It's a meem bote for fun amd and engaging battles when every category of ship have rendered itself played out.

Even torpedo boat DDs could out gun this thing. Suspending her retern is an overwhelming reaction. It would be like removing Atlanta; the number of guns alone gives a hard on. 

Ships like Kitakamj and Atlanta, they're all about that one moment when you stumble upon something, or someone, you look at them and you can see their keyboard reaction as every single module breaks and they blow up in moments. 

That feeling,there is no other feeling like that in this game; there needs to be more of it...

:Smile_hiding:

[B_Y_F]
Members
714 posts
16,531 battles

I'd say if she needs to be T10, better classified her as a DD rather than CL, given many new DD like Elbing or Paolo Emilio is nearly the same length and displacement. 

[SHOOT]
[SHOOT]
Beta Testers
4,409 posts
13,102 battles
1 minute ago, sapient007 said:

I'd say if she needs to be T10, better classified her as a DD rather than CL, given many new DD like Elbing or Paolo Emilio is nearly the same length and displacement. 

The problem with that is: as a DD, Kitakami would nit only have no citadel but wouod have 40 Huge IJN Torpedos.

[B_Y_F]
Members
714 posts
16,531 battles
9 minutes ago, Crokodone said:

The problem with that is: as a DD, Kitakami would nit only have no citadel but wouod have 40 Huge IJN Torpedos.

That's the whole point. A citadel and T4 (historical) armor scheme kills her survivability at T10. Also, bring a super CA like Petro in to the match (MM) simply don't reflect her battle capability. 

As a DD with such huge displacement, I would expect something like a 7.5-8.5km with fully concealed built. That means she will not be able to do most DD task at the beginning of a battle. Thus, she'd better be really good at something else. 

For the torpedoe power, if shima launched a 15 torpedoe-wall to you at 5.5km away is not too bad. I don't think 20 at 8.5km will be any better. 

[SLI]
Beta Testers, In AlfaTesters
9,547 posts
4 minutes ago, sapient007 said:

That's the whole point. A citadel and T4 (historical) armor scheme kills her survivability at T10.

I think her being a big cruiser target, is the point.  Its the exact thing needed to keep the ship in check.

Something with 40 torpedo tubes....that was also very survivable..would be bad.

[SHOOT]
[SHOOT]
Beta Testers
4,409 posts
13,102 battles
4 minutes ago, sapient007 said:

For the torpedoe power, if shima launched a 15 torpedoe-wall to you at 5.5km away is not too bad. I don't think 20 at 8.5km will be any better.

Kitakami has 10x4 torpedoes, not 10X2. That's 40 torpedoes coming at you. Not just any torpedoes, Japanese torpedoes. It would be better if if Kitakami was returned to t8 and goven Kageru Torpedos.

[NOCAP]
Members
2,544 posts
21,038 battles

I wouldnt trust the wiki at all. WG_JP literally just annouced that kitakami will be coming soon about 2 weeks ago