You need to play a total of 10 battles to post in this section.
anonym_uv2UxUQWEQty

(Troublesome) Low XP Points For Four Kills With A Premium Account?

41 comments in this topic

Members
12 posts

Can someone explain to me how you can end up with four kills with a premium account and only receive 334 Ship XP? Something definitely isn't right with these calculations. It almost seems as if you have a premium account and it's not even working. So basically what (Wargaming) is saying is if I don't have a premium account with four kills, you would end up with about 136 Ship XP? I highly doubt that. I'm ending up with the same Ship XP with a Premium account that I would end up with without a premium account which comes out to a major profiting scam for (Wargaming). This is constantly happening and they are getting away with it. Not good.

Troublesome.jpg

• Funny 2
  • Haha 3

SuperTest Coordinator, Beta Testers
7,133 posts
13,592 battles

Looks like co-op and relatively little damage. Kills don’t give you the lion’s share of XP, raw damage % does. So if most of those 4 kills were finishing off battleships, then that’s what would eat up your earnings. 

• Thanks 1

Members
12 posts

So basically it doesn't pay to purchase a premium account? Let's be honest now co-op or no co-op. Here is another example. One kill, 11 Target Hits, and only receive 347 Ship XP. Comparison Target hits 11 first screenshot, target hits 10-second screenshot. Ship XP 334 vs Ship XP 347. This is just plain wrong and I think Wargaming is banking on the stupidity of players not recognizing these flaws. Think about it. Who in their right mind is going to sit down and calculate if they received the correct amount of Ship XP at the end of each game. Very few people will do that and very few know how to do that except for the SuperTest Coordinators. Let's face it, premium accounts are a complete farce.

Comparison.jpg

Edited by anonym_uv2UxUQWEQty
Edit
  • Haha 2

Members
2,265 posts
30,025 battles

Co-op brings low rewards.

7,133 posts
13,592 battles

It does pay, but it pays significantly more in Random Battles. Coop gives you roughly 1/3 to 1/4 of Random Battle Earnings typically. Higher tiers also earn more XP, and ship tier differentials also earn more XP.

D1F57872-F2A0-4E16-861C-D1543C73704D.thumb.png.1966526787ea667b2b64ee4df11d1ac3.png

There is also a wiki on how earnings are calculated. Damage Numbers do not correlate directly to XP because different ships have different HPs. Doing 19200 damage to a Yamato with 97K HP will only reward 1/5 of the XP of doing 19200 damage to a Shimakaze, for example.

https://wiki.wargaming.net/en/Ship:Base_Earnings#In-game_Actions

• Thanks 2

[-TKS-]
[-TKS-]
Members
1,377 posts
14,222 battles
31 minutes ago, Leichenrauber said:

Who in their right mind is going to sit down and calculate

no one does, because no one has to. there is a credits and XP earnings tab that tabulates and shows you step by step.  

yes, base xp got and base credits got slashed about a year ago. however, in your case, coop is a low payout mode. 

• Haha 1

Members
67 posts
7,140 battles

There is no conspiracy.

Coop gives less xp than randums.

And raw damage % is rewarded more than kills, as are caps.

CVs in coop are meh since you do not have the time to accumulate damage before the game is basically already over.

Lower tiers give lower xp on average.

Members
12 posts

skillztowin you just made my case for me. (Base XP and Base Credits got slashed about a year ago) and you have to ask yourself why? Possibly people were able to grind very quickly and get through the ship trees much faster and Wargaming is trying to slow that process down as much as possible to sell more premium accounts and premium ships. And where exactly is this TAB that tabulates your Ship XP points step by step? And how does anyone know if that tabulation is even legit? That's the problem nobody knows the original formula or as you put it, (No one does, because no one has to). This is my opinion and nobody is going to change it. It's like a group of people telling me a stop sign is purple when I know I'm seeing the color red. What Wargaming doesn't realize is if it takes too long to grind ships out, their base is going to pick up and leave and move on to greener pastures. You can't have it both ways (Base XP and Base Credits got slashed about a year ago) and expect people to play this game when you're constantly tampering with the earnings and Lord knows what else. This is a multi-million dollar business and sometimes they take their clientele for granted that they aren't going to pick up and move onto something else which many have done already. Wargaming is lucky when it comes to me. I find the whole concept of floating a ship around an artificial ocean quite fascinating but as far as premium accounts go? I am no longer hooked on purchasing another one. I think I learned my lesson.

• Haha 1

[SIMP]
Members
2 posts
21,669 battles

Hello, I am a fellow WoWs player, and this is a classic case of being lazy and not knowing how to CV; if this is a coop, you need to do some random to receive the full benefits and git gud. I have played Langley and scored much higher than that. If you are playing coop, which is by the worst to play in my opinion, you need to do randoms. You can earn a lot more, and secondly, you can do more damage; this is just a classic case of someone not understanding how mechanics work and would then turn to Wargaming and say that this isn't fair. Please, before saying the system is screwed up, maybe look at how you are doing as a player and not blaming what Wargamings mechanics are like. 

• Cool 1

[GWG]
Members
7,779 posts
14,942 battles

Co-Op gives pretty good results...   Keep trying.

7_10_21_Midway_A.thumb.jpg.561c296fd4285258819c69562512ad1e.jpg7_10_21_Midway_B.thumb.jpg.8cee033af41d477f9216e000aca83c3b.jpg7_10_21_Midway_C.thumb.jpg.20bf1502dce9f4ee365291ce251130b2.jpg7_10_21_Midway_D.thumb.jpg.a730dfd8f4c8c1a50ed276f23ab91150.jpg

[NGA-B]
Beta Testers
211 posts
11,711 battles
3 hours ago, Leichenrauber said:

Can someone explain to me how you can end up with four kills with a premium account and only receive 334 Ship XP? Something definitely isn't right with these calculations. It almost seems as if you have a premium account and it's not even working. So basically what (Wargaming) is saying is if I don't have a premium account with four kills, you would end up with about 136 Ship XP? I highly doubt that. I'm ending up with the same Ship XP with a Premium account that I would end up with without a premium account which comes out to a major profiting scam for (Wargaming). This is constantly happening and they are getting away with it. Not good.

Troublesome.jpg

You want to go around and killing red ships against an AI, then co-op is for you.  But dont expect much in rewards, credits or xp. Buying a premium account is a choice and if you're not happy, let it expire and play to enjoy the game.  

BUT - if you want REAL rewards with a premium account, play randoms and grind up the tiers like every one else.  4 kills in co-op isn't going to gain much xp.  I've killed 7 ships once in a co-op and probably didn't break 500 xp.  Of course, that was my expectation. 362 battles in WoW is nothing.  Complain to the forums when you have several THOUSAND battles under your belt.  

Members
799 posts
10,291 battles

Sorry OP  people aren't upset about this because 1) co-op is a low-earning game mode and you are in a low tier ship, 2)  the XP earnings formula is clearly documented and experienced players (mostly) understand what actions generate high xp, and 3) Premium account is working as intended, you just need higher base xp to generate higher overall totals.

If generating xp is your primary concern you should be playing randoms, not co-op. Most players win 90%+ of co-op games and a huge win bonus is part of the xp formula, so you can't give them the same base xp rewards as other game modes where win rates are closer to 50%.

As a bonus fighting real people is also a lot more interesting than fighting bots.

Edited by Dr_Powderfinger

[WOLF5]
Supertester
5,236 posts
4,363 battles
2 hours ago, skillztowin said:

yes, base xp got and base credits got slashed about a year ago. however, in your case, coop is a low payout mode. 

Hmm? That's not the case. I believe CV earnings got readjusted slightly then, there was no universal cut as you're suggesting.

1 hour ago, Leichenrauber said:

skillztowin you just made my case for me. (Base XP and Base Credits got slashed about a year ago) and you have to ask yourself why? Possibly people were able to grind very quickly and get through the ship trees much faster and Wargaming is trying to slow that process down as much as possible to sell more premium accounts and premium ships. And where exactly is this TAB that tabulates your Ship XP points step by step? And how does anyone know if that tabulation is even legit? That's the problem nobody knows the original formula or as you put it, (No one does, because no one has to). This is my opinion and nobody is going to change it. It's like a group of people telling me a stop sign is purple when I know I'm seeing the color red. What Wargaming doesn't realize is if it takes too long to grind ships out, their base is going to pick up and leave and move on to greener pastures. You can't have it both ways (Base XP and Base Credits got slashed about a year ago) and expect people to play this game when you're constantly tampering with the earnings and Lord knows what else. This is a multi-million dollar business and sometimes they take their clientele for granted that they aren't going to pick up and move onto something else which many have done already. Wargaming is lucky when it comes to me. I find the whole concept of floating a ship around an artificial ocean quite fascinating but as far as premium accounts go? I am no longer hooked on purchasing another one. I think I learned my lesson.

You're issue is that you're playing Coop and performing pretty badly. BXP is earned from damage (percentage of total target HP and weighted by relative tier), captures, defends, spotting, potential damage, and kills (though XP for kills is more a modifier onto what you earn). Additionally you earn less at lower tiers. So you are at low tier, you did 29K damage, which is on the low end for T4. Without looking at your detailed damage I can't say for sure but since you have mostly torp hits I'm guess you damage several BBs, which is going to be a relatively low percentage of their total HP. So the low damage is now even worse for earning. And with that low damage the four kills really isn't going to get you much more XP. You didn't do a whole lot of spotting and obviously no capping. So a low XP value makes sense. Then factor in that you're playing Coop where earnings are terrible (on purpose, WG wants people playing Randoms) and that XP number looks about right. You would have got about 200 BXP, which is about right for a T4 Coop where you didn't perform great. Without premium you would just get your BXP value, so 200. Look it up in the Team Score tab.

And your two screenshots prove the calculation. Your first one you had more kills and damage (slightly) but got less than a game with 1 kills and a bit less damage. But I'm going to guess that you mostly damaged one ship, doing a bigger percentage of it's HP, hence more XP.

The detail tabs are just those, above the info in your screeshots are four tabs labeled Personal Score, Team Score, Detailed Report, and Credits and XP. Clicking on those brings up all the info. And everyone looks at them and the calculations have been double checked multiple times. WG is doing exactly what they say they are there.

I'm not quite sure what you're worked up about. You're playing low tiers, that 320 XP is a good percentage of the research cost of a T5. You got 65% more XP and credits than without, so you're ahead. If you want to earn more, play randoms and do more damage. 2-3K XP is pretty easy at mid tiers with premium and a flag or two. You're just not going to see the 10K XP games at low tiers. Those are done with high tier ships, often premiums, loaded with flags and camo. And they're done in PvP modes. I don't know what you were expecting to get for XP from this game, but your earnings look to be exactly what they should be.

[HINON]
Alpha Tester
26,251 posts
22,540 battles
3 hours ago, Leichenrauber said:

So basically it doesn't pay to purchase a premium account?

It pays to play well. That screenshot shows you did precious little damage, and the fact that you did that little over four kills shows you spread it out a lot.

Every ship is worth an amount of XP. That XP is handed to people proportionate to how much of its health they took. Focus your targets, do more damage, your XP will go up.

[WORX]
Members
14,359 posts
20,908 battles
4 hours ago, Leichenrauber said:

Troublesome.jpg

Few things.

1. Its a co-op game
  2. Kill stealing is not rewarded
  3. Co-op gets about %50 to %75 less then any other game mode.
  4. No achievements earned in co-op, therefor you dont get the economic boost.
  5. Try DMG farming in Co-op... Its the only place DMG is good without losing...

GL

Members
799 posts
10,291 battles
37 minutes ago, Leichenrauber said:

What I'm going to do is play a random game and post it on youtube and have all of the spectacular players that just critiqued me respond.

No need to get your panties in a bunch. Nobody is critiquing you personally or bragging that they are better than you, they are just responding to what you posted with factual information. That's ok, you are a new player and there is a lot to learn in this game if you want to understand all the game mechanics and get good.

And yes, if you have a good game in randoms you will earn significantly more xp.

Edited by Dr_Powderfinger

Members
12 posts

Just some advice for any individual interested in working on grinding out an aircraft carrier. Don't waste your time. Wargaming has messed these carriers up so much that it doesn't pay to play them. This is like the third time they have changed how an aircraft carrier works as if they have nothing better to do with their time. Now they screwed around with the rockets and they don't come close to even being accurate anymore. This is like the third change. PLEASE DON'T WASTE YOUR TIME WITH AIRCRAFT CARRIERS. Trust me on this one. They absolutely suck now. I'm working on a video to prove all these beta testers wrong so bear with me. I didn't realize there were so many rocket scientists posting advice in the forums. Joke.

• Boring 1

7,133 posts
13,592 battles

@El2aZeR your carrier expertise is required here. I have not played Langley in a hot minute and would not feel comfortable talking about a subject I am unfamiliar with.

[BONKS]
Members
3,164 posts
52 battles
20 minutes ago, Compassghost said:

@El2aZeR your carrier expertise is required here. I have not played Langley in a hot minute and would not feel comfortable talking about a subject I am unfamiliar with.

Somehow I doubt someone who writes in that style is particularly receptive to criticism, but here we go anyway.

4 minutes ago, Leichenrauber said:

Taa Daa video time. Make sure you click on HD on Youtube

First immediate issue, you fiddle around with the auto pilot too much and your minimap is way too small. Worry about your positioning after you've launched your aircraft, you have plenty of time to do so. It is often good practice to just go a little forward in spawn then decide where you want to position depending on how the match develops.

Torpedo bombers are generally ineffective against DDs if you don't know how to use them. Either use rockets or dive bombers against DDs.

You are moving unnecessarily during the drop far too much, causing your drop to be inaccurate. You are also dropping far too close which will cause your torps to not arm even if they do hit.

You are supposed to lead your target with rockets now. Simply putting your reticle on the DD does not work. And again, far too much unnecessary movement, causing your drop to become inaccurate.

You become spotted at 10:51 match time yet make absolutely no moves to defend yourself. Instead you fly your planes to a target that is going to die anyway. Why?

And ofc you insult your team for your own mistake. What a surprise.

Quite frankly you lack even the most fundamental basics of CV play. You do not know how to effectively drop with any plane type, you do not know how to pick your targets and you clearly have no clue about both minimap awareness nor target priority.

• Cool 2