Sign in to follow this  
You need to play a total of 20 battles to post in this section.
Plumage_

AP armor penetration values listed in-game

5 comments in this topic

[NOSUP]
Members
4 posts
2,529 battles

I propose that there should be a new information line on the AP shell type that lists the armor penetration at x/y/z ranges. As the HE and SAP shell types list their armor penetration values in game, I believe it only makes sense that the AP shells should also.

An example could be:
AP Shell Armor Penetration Capacity at (5km / 10km / 15km):     300mm / 225mm / 150mm

I feel this would help with guesswork when using AP in general, and will also make penetration/non-penetration hits feel more justified for players that don't (want to) look up armor penetration curves, or just want an easy estimate on how much armor the shell can penetrate.

If there's any other forum posts out there about this topic, let me know, I'd like to give them a read.

[WORX]
Members
14,361 posts
20,908 battles
5 minutes ago, Plumage_ said:

I propose that there should be a new information line on the AP shell type that lists the armor penetration at x/y/z ranges. As the HE and SAP shell types list their armor penetration values in game, I believe it only makes sense that the AP shells should also.

An example could be:
AP Shell Armor Penetration Capacity at (5km / 10km / 15km):     300mm / 225mm / 150mm

I feel this would help with guesswork when using AP in general, and will also make penetration/non-penetration hits feel more justified for players that don't (want to) look up armor penetration curves, or just want an easy estimate on how much armor the shell can penetrate.

If there's any other forum posts out there about this topic, let me know, I'd like to give them a read.

Dont know if its possible with WOWS, now as a 3rd-party mod (like Aslain)...I think its possible if it doesn't violate WG's mod policy.

[NOSUP]
Members
4 posts
2,529 battles
25 minutes ago, Navalpride33 said:

Dont know if its possible with WOWS, now as a 3rd-party mod (like Aslain)...I think its possible if it doesn't violate WG's mod policy.

A mod would make sense if it conformed to the rules like you state, and as far as I know, the HE and SAP both have formulas (which i assume generates the number we see in the info panel), while AP does not have a universal formula. However, would it make sense if there was a table with values that were calculated on WG's end, and those values were pulled to the info panel? Even if it were only calculated at a single range, I'm not sure if it would be too much work to implement and that's why we haven't gotten something like it yet or what.

[WORX]
Members
14,361 posts
20,908 battles
8 minutes ago, Plumage_ said:

A mod would make sense if it conformed to the rules like you state, and as far as I know, the HE and SAP both have formulas (which i assume generates the number we see in the info panel), while AP does not have a universal formula. However, would it make sense if there was a table with values that were calculated on WG's end, and those values were pulled to the info panel? Even if it were only calculated at a single range, I'm not sure if it would be too much work to implement and that's why we haven't gotten something like it yet or what.

IMO, I am assuming WG wants their client to remain "vanilla" as much as possible for everyone. If you give AP pens then you'll have to post for the rest, its to messy..

As a mod,its the choice of the said player...

A perfect example is side panels, must people use them, some will never put them on their HUD... As a mod its a good idea, adding it to the client as a whole... Not so much.

Edited by Navalpride33

[NOSUP]
Members
4 posts
2,529 battles
6 minutes ago, Navalpride33 said:

IMO, I am assuming WG wants their client to remain "vanilla" as much as possible for everyone. If you give AP pens then you'll have to post for the rest, its to messy..

As a mod,its the choice of the said player...

A perfect example is side panels, must people use them, some will never like on their HUD... As a mod its a good idea, adding it to the client as a whole... Not so much.

That's a good explanation, I didn't think about the extra clutter for those that don't want it. Letting people choose to use a mod that shows the information instead of forcing it. Thank you!

Sign in to follow this