ZaCLoNe

WG removes detonation flag reward due to farming

11 comments in this topic

[WOLF4]
Members
307 posts
11,046 battles

https://www.reddit.com/r/WorldOfWarships/comments/olj247/what_a_load_of_bswhy_signals_were_removed_from/?utm_source=share&utm_medium=ios_app&utm_name=iossmf

So we now have the reasoning with the achievement changes, that people are throwing games to farm 10 detonation flags a day. And there are guides to it apparently too, which I’m unaware of.

• Boring 1
  • Meh 3

[WORX]
Members
14,296 posts
20,867 battles
1 minute ago, ZaCLoNe said:

https://www.reddit.com/r/WorldOfWarships/comments/olj247/what_a_load_of_bswhy_signals_were_removed_from/?utm_source=share&utm_medium=ios_app&utm_name=iossmf

So we now have the reasoning with the achievement changes, that people are throwing games to farm 10 detonation flags a day. And there are guides to it apparently too, which I’m unaware of.

Not correct... Flamu is spreading misinformation again so be aware.

• Cool 2
  • Boring 1

[MELON]
Members
979 posts
2,891 battles
1 hour ago, Navalpride33 said:

Not correct... Flamu is spreading misinformation again so be aware.

Haven't been keeping up with this drama so sorry if I am missing something obvious.  What did flamu do during this?

[WORX]
Members
14,296 posts
20,867 battles
2 minutes ago, Koogus said:

Haven't been keeping up with this drama so sorry if I am missing something obvious.  What did flamu do during this?

He "cut" the one piece of Maradraco (shown on reddit and the forums)...

Knowing who Maradraco is he would respond to add the context...

The whole video was from Wednesday's WOWS stream.

Maredraco is a straight up person who is sincere with his audience... I want that to continue for the benefit of the community relations as a whole... Flamu's toxic gaslighting will only retract  from that goal.

• Cool 3

[WOLF4]
Members
307 posts
11,046 battles
6 minutes ago, Navalpride33 said:

He "cut" the one piece of Maradraco (shown on reddit and the forums)...

Knowing who Maradraco is he would respond to add the context...

The whole video was from Wednesday's WOWS stream.

Maredraco is a straight up person who is sincere with his audience... I want that to continue for the benefit of the community relations as a whole... Flamu's toxic gaslighting will only retract  from that goal.

The point that the “evidence” they have of farming guides and purposeful deaths for a 10 flag/once per 24 hour reward, even with the context of the whole stream, is so off-centered. Its a horribly underdeveloped response and rationalization. 

• Cool 1

[WORX]
Members
14,296 posts
20,867 battles
Just now, ZaCLoNe said:

The point that the “evidence” they have of farming guides and purposeful deaths for a 10 flag/once per 24 hour reward, even with the context of the whole stream, is so off-centered. Its a horribly underdeveloped response and rationalization. 

Regardless, for the reasoning... I refer to Hapa's comment in the video (its the very first one).

You may not like it but that is the move going forward.

• Cool 1

[RLGN]
Members
16,809 posts
29,422 battles

Got most of my det signals from dailies or other sources, (a few at a time,) sometime a bunch in a TYL or SC.

Players are so paranoid of dets they run the signal every game?

I can’t remember the last time I detonated.

The only time I ever used the signal was in (OG) Ranked, (I refuse to play new Ranked,) and in a few other battles where I felt like doing so.

I think I have about 700, give or take, right now?

Edited by Estimated_Prophet

[GWG]
[GWG]
Alpha Tester
28,473 posts
14,971 battles
34 minutes ago, Estimated_Prophet said:

Players are so paranoid of dets they run the signal every game?

They are paranoid to the point of stupidity that mentioning using Magazine Modification 1 for its -70 to detonation in slot one for randoms to save the flags for Ranked and Clan Battles earns a down vote.

• Cool 1

[PVE]
Members
8,997 posts
25,340 battles
5 hours ago, ZaCLoNe said:

The point is that it wasn't a rationalization...it was used as an exame of what others have said & claimed...not as an actual WG response...Maredraco specifically said in the stream (right before that misleading quote) that he wasn't Hanna answer the question & then went on to give a few examples of what others believe...& that was just 1 of the examples... conveniently misquoted so a troll could get more clicks...

Nothing more.

5 hours ago, Navalpride33 said:

He "cut"...

Which is that troll's standard MO...he cuts lies (like the Holland/DM video & the "alternate view" Halland/DM video) because he doesn't realize those that aren't his fanbois just see him as the butt sore-let go-ex employee that he is.

Apparently if you scream like an anime girl in your videos all sorts of fanbois will support you no matter how obvious your splicing is.

Although Maredraco definitely gave him plenty of ammo to use...when taken out of context like it was.

Edited by IfYouSeeKhaos

[CCPLZ]
Volunteer Moderator Coordinator, Supertester, Privateers
1,738 posts
17,508 battles

There is already an extensive thread on this topic, in which Maredraco has posted his explanation. 

You may find the thread here: 

This thread will be closed to further comments.