Sign in to follow this  
You need to play a total of 20 battles to post in this section.
cwine

Different solution for BB / DD interaction

5 comments in this topic

[RYZIN]
Beta Testers
54 posts
25,898 battles

Now that we have  Ise, Tone, and dutch cruisers that have airstrike capabilities, and seeing as they are just catapult-launched I was thinking of another consumable that wargaming could add to the fighter/spotter slot. Mobile spotter for BB's. You would be able to launch a spotter plane but maneuver it just like the aforementioned ships do but it's just a spotter with no weapons but can help the BB that has lost all eyes and is at the mercy of DD,s, and stealth cruisers. While you were controlling the plane your ship would be on autopilot just like the other ships but the one difference is that when you switch back to your ship the spotter plane is dropped at the last location as you take back control over your ship. I'm proposing this being a DD main that does not like playing BB's all that much because of the slow game pace. I have been in many a game where I have won because the BB"s were all that was left and it was just a matter of torping them or running out the timer to win the game and they had no way to counter it. I would not want the spotter plane to have the same duration time as the normal spotter plane maybe just stay on station for 10 seconds give or take a few seconds and only have so many charges so can't be spammed all game but just when you need it the worst. That would be something that would have to be tested and tweaked. Again as a DD main, this would suck for me making me work harder for the win in the scenario I just described but I have always been one of those guys that look at an argument from both sides. Since the mechanic for this is already in the game now I don't think it would be hard to implement it and would help make the game more enjoyable for players that love playing BB's but get frustrated when you can't influence the outcome of a game because your blind.

[HOLE]
Members
308 posts
2,427 battles

The solution is bringing spotting back down to reality. Sending a spotter plane out is useless most of the time. This plane is used more for it ability to add some distance of shells, then its purpose. 

Spotting in this game has been a longtime problem. You cant really blame WG but more the player's. Why? Very simple, people want a game that give them easy button. DD's had a big advantage for a long time before radar or CV but as soon as these two came into play, the DD player's were in the forums complaining everyday. Funny thing is though when they had their advantage and BB player's complained, the typical DD player response was " Git Gud" but that all changed when the shoe was on the other foot.  Yeah, the game needs work but the bigger problem is attitudes of the player's themselves. This is simply due to people don't play as teams in most PVP environment.Stat's do effect team play. Attitudes is the another. Till this changes, the game complaints will never slow down.

• Boring 1

[WDS]
[WDS]
Members
5,255 posts
15,303 battles
1 hour ago, cwine said:

crap wrong section

Paragraphs are needed I’m going bling trying to read . 

[PVE]
Members
10,585 posts
30,937 battles
2 hours ago, clammboy said:

Paragraphs are needed I’m going bling trying to read . 

For real...but...being mostly a DD cruiser main I agree this isn't a bad idea for BBs late game.

Maybe make it an option to regular spotter plane after 10 minutes into the game if there's any spotter planes available still (which there always is).

If nothing else they could change the name of present spotter planes because they don't really spot with them...because any plane spotting range is w/in normal spotting detection ranges anyway & if the DD (or torp cruiser) is w/in plane spotting ranges the BB is pretty much toasted by torps anyway...

& BB need somebody else to actually spot ships far enough away for them to use the spotters anyway...so calling what we have now "spotting planes" is way off base.

Planes were used to spot far away ships to increase visual ranges for the BBs...but they didn't spin in a circle around the ship to do it...they actually went out & spotted the targets themselves.

Sign in to follow this