You need to play a total of 20 battles to post in this section.
grim_reaper_6_9

Are you for real bro

10 comments in this topic

Members
12 posts
155 battles

https://clips.twitch.tv/ShySpunkyUdonVoteNay--yZMiv2WAxFGL7ki

NA community manager implies that one of the reasons for removing signals for achievements was that people were intentionally "farming" detonation flags by throwing their ships in random battles. This has to be the lamest and most incoherent excuse that anyone from wargaming could've given regarding the change. I have been playing this game for over 5 years on 3 different servers at every possible level and I still don't remember seeing anyone actively using a tactic or as this guy says "making videos/guides" on how to farm detonation flags. I have always known that for the most part wargaming doesn't know their own game but this justification is essentially just on a whole level of stupidity.

Honestly a little tip to wargaming, just say that you did the signal economy change cause you believe credit gain is highly inflated and that players can afford it, and that people need to treat signals as a valuable commodity rather than a necessity, that imo would be way more believable. P.S. i am very much against this change of removing signals for achievements.

• Cool 5
  • Funny 1
  • Meh 1

[WORX]
Members
14,296 posts
20,867 battles

CCs can't do anything about it... I For one, I like his honesty and sincerity. 

It is what it is...

[SGSS]
Members
6,294 posts
12 minutes ago, grim_reaper_6_9 said:

NA community manager implies that one of the reasons for removing signals for achievements was that people were intentionally "farming" detonation flags by throwing their ships in random battles. This has to be the lamest and most incoherent excuse that anyone from wargaming could've given regarding the change. I have been playing this game for over 5 years on 3 different servers at every possible level and I still don't remember seeing anyone actively using a tactic or as this guy says "making videos/guides" on how to farm detonation flags. I have always known that for the most part wargaming doesn't know their own game but this justification is essentially just on a whole level of stupidity.

Honestly a little tip to wargaming, just say that you did the signal economy change cause you believe credit gain is highly inflated and that players can afford it, and that people need to treat signals as a valuable commodity rather than a necessity, that imo would be way more believable. P.S. i am very much against this change of removing signals for achievements.

Shuuuu dont tell them to be honest.

• Haha 1

Members
12 posts
155 battles
2 minutes ago, Navalpride33 said:

CCs can't do anything about it... I For one, I like his honesty and sincerity. 

It is what it is...

I get where you are coming from but imo that isnt so much honesty as it is just naivety .

[WORX]
Members
14,296 posts
20,867 battles
1 minute ago, grim_reaper_6_9 said:

I get where you are coming from but imo that isnt so much honesty as it is just naivety .

Honesty in reporting... I would caution in not scaring this type of feedback back from them...

Now, for those above them... I mean, those above the CCs have the yearly plan... Meaning they can play a patch that is 12 months down the road now. 

I always keep in mind, steps made today are for projects down the line... Their reasoning maybe fabricated but they wanted it gone....

Is it a good move ??? Only time can judge.

[SCCC2]
Members
67 posts
26 minutes ago, grim_reaper_6_9 said:

This excuse is kinda cringe...

They could've just removed detonations - It's literally one of the worst features in the game as you can randomly lose your entire health pool to an unlucky torp/salvo (granted that you are below 75% HP.)

I think I can say this with confidence... the majority of the community wants achievement rewards back and if it means the removal of the detonation mechanic I'm completely confident that there were would be few to complain.

• Cool 7

[WOLF1]
Members
881 posts
6,744 battles
1 hour ago, Arctic_Chann said:

This excuse is kinda cringe...

They could've just removed detonations - It's literally one of the worst features in the game as you can randomly lose your entire health pool to an unlucky torp/salvo (granted that you are below 75% HP.)

I think I can say this with confidence... the majority of the community wants achievement rewards back and if it means the removal of the detonation mechanic I'm completely confident that there were would be few to complain.

They could keep the detonation mechanic and remove the rewards for just that one achievement and solve the whole problem, but they didn't. It makes me think there's another reason that we don't know about yet. 

[BLKRS]
Alpha Tester
1,167 posts
3,032 battles
26 minutes ago, HyperFish said:

They could keep the detonation mechanic and remove the rewards for just that one achievement and solve the whole problem, but they didn't. It makes me think there's another reason that we don't know about yet. 

Are you forgetting this wargaming?

Nobody buys the signal flag crates because you get them by the bucket load through free crates, missions, and awards in-game.... They want you to buy signal crates.. money money money. It's also why they've dialed back on giving the signal flags out on a large scale like they used too in the past through fast easy weekly/daily missions.

• Thanks 1

[BUOY]
Members
1,475 posts
17,493 battles
26 minutes ago, HyperFish said:

99% sure the reason is the same as the extra 1.2 mil cxp needed now when they could've left the skill point cap and most popular skills as they were and the same reason CB captain reworks were discontinued... drain longtime player resources / gib money.

They already have a good and consistent way of giving combat flags in the 2 wins x 3 for CB which would still be less than the old system in the absolute sense, but much better wrt consistency; instead we got this pretty awful system current system.

[CMFRT]
Beta Testers
37 posts
1,890 battles

and don't forget, your answer was from an employee on the NA SERVER!

so... they can only answer on the basis of what the russians tell them.