You need to play a total of 20 battles to post in this section.
OttoVonPrien

Please stop the monthly updates and fix the bugs

52 comments in this topic

[KMS]
Beta Testers
369 posts
19,068 battles

wg you need to take a month off from introducing monthly updates ready or not, buggy or not.

please fix the bugs, they are hurting our enjoyment of the game. esp the one that skips the after battle results page and often makes it unavailable and also the torpedo bugs.

• Cool 2
  • Thanks 3
  • Haha 3
  • Boring 1
  • Meh 2

[WOLF1]
[WOLF1]
Beta Testers
13,303 posts
18,894 battles

There is more than one guy working at Lesta. 

[TRU]
Members
780 posts
24,492 battles
14 minutes ago, OttoVonPrien said:

wg you need to take a month off from introducing monthly updates ready or not, buggy or not.

please fix the bugs, they are hurting our enjoyment of the game. esp the one that skips the after battle results page and often makes it unavailable and also the torpedo bugs.

I made a post like this a while back.  In addition to buggy interfaces, I would also like to see some more options in game that incorporate only the basics of the Aslain's mods.   I know it is not a big deal to have to download and install it after a game update....but why not make it part of a standard game option?  

You don't like seeing team health bars? Don't check the box (kinda like that adaptive display interface option).     

This would also help when you have a tech support issue with WG and they suspect its the "added content" causing your issue and cannot help you further until you remove the mod and replicate the problem.  

• Cool 1

[WORX]
Members
14,388 posts
20,956 battles
26 minutes ago, OttoVonPrien said:

also the torpedo bugs.

Torpedo bug ???? The last confirmed bug was fixed a few patches ago...

Contrary to the belief of Flamu fans, there's not a torp "bug" in the game at the moment. ...

Edited by Navalpride33
  • Meh 5

[SOFOP]
Members
2,585 posts
16,314 battles
25 minutes ago, OttoVonPrien said:

Sadly, fixing bugs doesn't make them money.  New ships, and thus drawing new players in and drawing people to spend money makes them money.  This will always be their priority.

Not that I wouldn't mind them fixing the battle screen thing.

[WOLF1]
[WOLF1]
Beta Testers
13,303 posts
18,894 battles

Hey McDonalds would you please stop selling hamburgers until you change your relish.

Stare Reaction GIF

• Haha 3
  • Boring 1
  • Meh 3

[-AFK-]
Members
1,380 posts
36 minutes ago, OttoVonPrien said:

The Russian Dev team do not read this forum and no one is going to specifically halt anything just because you asked for it.

[B-Z]
Members
256 posts
25,008 battles
40 minutes ago, Old_Baldy_One said:

Sadly, fixing bugs doesn't make them money. 

It would. I for one closed my wallet because I wasn't going to support them if they weren't going to support the game. 

Some people leave because they not fixed. 

And how many don't leave and keep spending but would spend even more if WG fixed their bugs?

[WDS]
[WDS]
Members
4,572 posts
13,027 battles
10 minutes ago, John_Crace said:

It would. I for one closed my wallet because I wasn't going to support them if they weren't going to support the game. 

Some people leave because they not fixed. 

And how many don't leave and keep spending but would spend even more if WG fixed their bugs?

About 3 ?

Edited by clammboy

[S0L0]
[S0L0]
Alpha Tester, In AlfaTesters
5,277 posts
8,392 battles
1 hour ago, paradat said:

There is more than one guy working at Lesta. 

Yet bugs exist continuously through multiple patches.. I tend to agree with OP.  They could stand to take a breather on creating new Bugs and work through a few of the old ones.     

[B-Z]
Members
256 posts
25,008 battles
3 minutes ago, clammboy said:

About 3 ?

Sadly we'll never know. But I can't imagine it's less than enough to cover a coders wages for long enough to fix the bugs. Some people accept bugs and claim the number is very low. There is a group however that just silently leaves without making a fuss. Hard to quantify that number.

[SLI]
Beta Testers, In AlfaTesters
9,551 posts
11 minutes ago, John_Crace said:

Sadly we'll never know. But I can't imagine it's less than enough to cover a coders wages for long enough to fix the bugs. Some people accept bugs and claim the number is very low. There is a group however that just silently leaves without making a fuss. Hard to quantify that number.

If it's hard to quantify the number, it's hard to justify the cost, isn't it?

The fact is that as a general rule, this game is often pretty bug free, relative and as compared, to quite a few other popular MMO games on the market.  WG are actually pretty  good at making their game run on some ancient hardware that many of the player base still insist on using, and still look decent. In addition to not having a massive bug list after every patch, that is all but common in many other online games that receive regular updates.

I not saying bugs are a good thing, I am saying they aren't nearly as bad as some others, and I don't think this number of players "leaving" over a few bugs, is nearly as large as you are making it to be.  In fact adding new content, keeps a lot more players logging in and spending money, than a randomly missing detail screen comes near losing.

Does it need to be fixed?  For sure.  Is it game breaking and worthy of a development full halt?  Not even close.

[INTEL]
[INTEL]
Members
7,819 posts
38,629 battles

Ask about the Carousel bug. i am tired of getting crickets from WG on this.

• Cool 1

[ARS]
Beta Testers
6,782 posts
6,935 battles
2 hours ago, Navalpride33 said:

Torpedo bug ???? The last confirmed bug was fixed a few patches ago...

Contrary to the belief of Flamu fans, there's not a torp "bug" in the game at the moment. ...

That's funny.  WG acknowledged that bug and that they are working on fixing it.

For somebody who "knows" insider info at WG such as manual control for AA and secondaries is coming you sure don't know stuff that has been publicly admitted.

Odd.  It is almost exactly like you just make stuff up and post it as fact.

• Cool 2
  • Haha 1

[WOLF1]
[WOLF1]
Beta Testers
13,303 posts
18,894 battles
1 hour ago, iRA6E said:

Yet bugs exist continuously through multiple patches.. I tend to agree with OP.  They could stand to take a breather on creating new Bugs and work through a few of the old ones.     

There is no need. Now could they hire some more bug smashers? Sure but that has no effect on the modeling department. 

[WORX]
Members
14,388 posts
20,956 battles
2 minutes ago, Helstrem said:

That's funny.  WG acknowledged that bug and that they are working on fixing it.

That bug was fixed 2 or 3 patches ago.

[ARS]
Beta Testers
6,782 posts
6,935 battles
3 minutes ago, Navalpride33 said:

That bug was fixed 2 or 3 patches ago.

So you are saying that WG is lying, correct?

[WDS]
[WDS]
Members
4,572 posts
13,027 battles
30 minutes ago, alexf24 said:

Ask about the Carousel bug. i am tired of getting crickets from WG on this.

I gave you a plus 1 because I love when people use the word crickets .

• Cool 1

[WORX]
Members
14,388 posts
20,956 battles
1 minute ago, Helstrem said:

So you are saying that WG is lying, correct?

I am saying you're incorrect as to the situation...

If you want to call anyone a "lair" in regards to torps being "bugged"its Flamu...

As of right now, all torps bugs reported in the past in Hapa's thread.. Was fixed...

Currently, no open torp "bug" report for the current patch.

• Boring 3

[ARS]
Beta Testers
6,782 posts
6,935 battles
Just now, Navalpride33 said:

I am saying you're incorrect as to the situation...

If you want to call anyone a "lair" in regards to torps being "bugged"its Flamu...

As of right now, all torps bugs reported in the past in Hapa's thread.. Was fixed...

Currently, no open torp "bug" report for the current patch.

WG acknowledged the bug after Flamu publicized it.  There has been a single patch since that, the one last Wednesday.  It may have been fixed in that patch, I don't know, I've been away from my computer due to my grandmother's funeral, but I do know that it cannot have been fixed two or three patches ago.  You are making stuff up to make yourself appear smarter or in possession of secret information or something, but you are not being honest.

• Cool 1

[WORX]
Members
14,388 posts
20,956 battles
1 minute ago, Helstrem said:

WG acknowledged the bug after Flamu publicized it.  There has been a single patch since that, the one last Wednesday.  It may have been fixed in that patch, I don't know, I've been away from my computer due to my grandmother's funeral, but I do know that it cannot have been fixed two or three patches ago.  You are making stuff up to make yourself appear smarter or in possession of secret information or something, but you are not being honest.

The actual torp bug was reported and fixed by WG... That was the one WG stated its a bug...

The invented/fabricated Flamu torp fiasco... Not a bug...

That was the only torp bug reported for 2021... No other reports are out there... So if one bug is reported and its fixed... No more reports outstanding...

So far... I haven't been able to replicate neither one so I, dont have an issue...

WG has a whole page in the patch notes the many bug fixes (10.6 had A LOT). I dont doubt WG on bug finding and fixing...

[X-PN]
Members
2,130 posts
13,671 battles
13 minutes ago, Navalpride33 said:

The invented/fabricated Flamu torp fiasco... Not a bug...

If you are referring to the video with him in a Holland missing a DM/Salem (forgot which)....

Yes, that was most definitely a bug.  I had a shockingly similar event happen to me in Clan a couple of nights later, where my torps should have hit a Salem and or the island right behind him and it whiffed on both due to the bug.

BTW - the Free Look 180 snap view bug still seemed to be around with annoying regularity... even maybe worse with this patch.

Edited by YouSatInGum
  • Cool 3

[WORX]
Members
14,388 posts
20,956 battles
3 minutes ago, YouSatInGum said:

If you are referring to the video with him in a Holland missing a DM/Salem (forgot which)....

Yes, that was most definitely a bug.  I had a shockingly similar event happen to me in Clan a couple of nights later, where my torps should have hit a Salem and or the island right behind him and it whiffed on both due to the bug.

BTW - the Free Look 180 snap view bug still seemed to be around with annoying regularity... even maybe worse with this patch.

I was referring to his torp VS island video...

[BLKRS]
Alpha Tester
1,167 posts
3,032 battles
5 hours ago, Old_Baldy_One said:

Sadly, fixing bugs doesn't make them money.

And it's that fail philosophy of Western, and European game companies, why Asian game companies are starting to take over...

"meh we can patch it later" is a devastating strike against your own game, as you'll forget, or something else "more important" will come up later, and those "we'll get to it later" list continues to grow and grow.. until.. you're like WoW, or WoWs, where people start leaving in droves.. 

Making a bug free, fun game brings in money far more than constantly pumping out new ships and new cosmetics.. That's just a band aid on the problem, trying to scoop out the waterfall of money out of your  pocket by declining player bases, or small numbers of actual paying customers in that player base.

Can't tell ya how much money I might of spent on World of Warships if it was actually balanced, engaging, and felt fair. It USED to be that way mind you, even with aircraft carriers being played often. Then Wargaming just stopped giving a crap about 1 year after release, and it went to "new gimicks' and "new skins" and new "ships", without a second thought to actual balance, or integrity of game-play...

And no. As a game developer myself.. I do NOT believe in the "power creep is just a thing that happens" and "Balance is impossible" philosophy people throw around.. It's ignorant, lazy, and incompetent mind sets.

• Cool 4