Sign in to follow this  
You need to play a total of 20 battles to post in this section.
SweetBabyRuth

The Game is no Longer Rewarding to Good Players

13 comments in this topic

[DBL-D]
Members
14 posts
9,796 battles

Wargaming doesn't care whether or not you are good at the game. You are no longer rewarded for how you play but rather rewarded for the amount of grind and ultimately the amount of money you are willing to throw at the game. It is a sad reality that pushes the community away from skill and more towards the in-game shop. It is a practice that was started by League and EA and, it should be despised. However as a community we have accepted it and are letting WG dictate to us that money is more important than the player and the community as a whole.

• Haha 1
  • Meh 1

Members
2,265 posts
30,025 battles

You know.... you could just play because you like the shooty ships motif of this game and just disregard  the give-backs. When I jump in Agir or Kroni (Randoms) or invincible PomPom (Co-op), I'm just playing for the fun of the game, whatever the outcome or the take-away. It's why I have over 6k games in the (now dead) Black Swan.

• Cool 4

[KMS]
[KMS]
Beta Testers, In AlfaTesters
3,876 posts
13,105 battles

They are losing my Premium time purchases once it's gone because I'm playing other games.  I don't efficiently use it anymore. So why waste money on it.

• Cool 1

[RLGN]
Members
16,842 posts
29,513 battles
24 minutes ago, theLaalaa said:

You know.... you could just play because you like the shooty ships motif of this game and just disregard  the give-backs. When I jump in Agir or Kroni (Randoms) or invincible PomPom (Co-op), I'm just playing for the fun of the game, whatever the outcome or the take-away. It's why I have over 6k games in the (now dead) Black Swan.

Pretty much this.

I've an utterly meaningless goal I'm about to accomplish, (10k Randoms,) and after that I honestly have no idea what I'll do in the game... Maybe 20k in Co-op?

Tend to play what I wan't, perhaps informed by what may be required in the current event, but the events are not why I'm playing.

• Cool 3

[WOLF3]
[WOLF3]
Members
32,215 posts
26,997 battles
13 minutes ago, Nachoo31 said:

They are losing my Premium time purchases once it's gone because I'm playing other games.  I don't efficiently use it anymore. So why waste money on it.

When I played the game religiously, I always had Premium Acct active.  But since I've got less time playing the game now, Premium Acct is a huge waste.  Yesterday was the first day I played in around a week.  And the session before that other one?  I hadn't played in like a month.

Too bad Premium Acct doesn't tick for the time you're actually playing.

Then again, Standard Acct has such severely lowered rewards, which the game likes to remind you about it every match, at times I wonder why I log in every week, or even once a month...

Edited by HazeGrayUnderway
  • Cool 1

[WDS]
[WDS]
Members
4,567 posts
13,017 battles

I get my Premium time at Christmas 47 dollars for the year 14 cents a day who cares after that if I don’t play a few days a week . And by the way the games not good for average players either . I am  sick of wining 10 out 12 games over 2 days and then going 0 for 12 the next 2 days it just happens way to much . It’s starting to get to me I know I’m not good but it’s like it’s preordained . 

Edited by clammboy

[SALVO]
Members
26,737 posts
32,132 battles
1 hour ago, SweetBabyRuth said:

Wargaming doesn't care whether or not you are good at the game. You are no longer rewarded for how you play but rather rewarded for the amount of grind and ultimately the amount of money you are willing to throw at the game. It is a sad reality that pushes the community away from skill and more towards the in-game shop. It is a practice that was started by League and EA and, it should be despised. However as a community we have accepted it and are letting WG dictate to us that money is more important than the player and the community as a whole.

The title of this thread indicates a rather self entitled attitude that because you're good at the game, WG OWES you stuff.  Frankly, I find this to be a rather snotty and elitist attitude.   If anything, players (good or not) who contribute monetarily to this game are the deserving ones, since it's their money that helps keep this game afloat.

• Cool 4
  • Thanks 2
  • Meh 1

[CUDA]
Members
630 posts
9,524 battles

If you don't feel it's worth money to play, don't spend money. I play every day and never spent a dime.

Members
1,024 posts

The people running the game, now, arent the same people who developed it earlier.  The whole game is slowly morphing into what the 'new guy' wants it to be.  Everything will change - eventually. 

Like a great resturant that gets sold to a new owner.  Very often the new guy comes in & raises prices, cuts quality, and lowers portion sizes.   Same thing here.

• Cool 1

[BEA5T]
Members
5,504 posts
26,109 battles
15 hours ago, Crucis said:

The title of this thread indicates a rather self entitled attitude that because you're good at the game, WG OWES you stuff.  Frankly, I find this to be a rather snotty and elitist attitude.   If anything, players (good or not) who contribute monetarily to this game are the deserving ones, since it's their money that helps keep this game afloat.

Expectations vary by age and culture.  Rewarding is the mechanism that makes the game meet or not meet those expectations.....  Good is relevant only if there are mechanisms in place that directly influence Rewarding.....  i.e. do you get more value if you win?  Does winning escalate Rewarding?  So...........you get the idea.

If you buy a car that everyone acknowledges is the best in class - there are expectations that must be met or the car won't sell (in some markets.)  This is NOT one of those games where there are yearly international conventions and professional gamers competing for real money!!!.........so, there shouldn't be any expectations beyond the messed up, small niche, third world business practices of any game corporation(s) whom aren't on the "Pro Circuit" of games..... 

So, and I hate to admit this, I sort of , with different words, agree with you.........:Smile_facepalm:

[ARGSY]
Members
25,666 posts
19,741 battles
On 7/15/2021 at 2:57 PM, SweetBabyRuth said:

You are no longer rewarded for how you play

What rewards are you talking about? Does a bunch of flags matter that much to you?

• Boring 1

[WOLF3]
[WOLF3]
Members
32,215 posts
26,997 battles
32 minutes ago, Ensign_Cthulhu said:

What rewards are you talking about? Does a bunch of flags matter that much to you?

Reduced Ops rewards for starters.  They're a pale shadow of what they were.

If you dive into PVP, which a number of guys still do despite posting here in the PVE Subforum, then the removal of flags from achievements is actually a big deal.  That change most especially hit harder the better the player was.

The only one untouched is Co-Op, but then again Co-Op always had sh*t rewards and never gave out Signal Flags to begin with.  Bad XP, FreeXP, Credits.  Everything.  But Co-Op was always like that.

Edited by HazeGrayUnderway

[USCC1]
[USCC1]
Beta Testers, In AlfaTesters
42 posts
10,093 battles

Why don't we just remove heroic achievements? They don't give you anything and are no point anymore. What is the point of having them if they do not reward anything?

• Cool 1

Sign in to follow this