Jump to content
You need to play a total of 20 battles to post in this section.
Captain_Rawhide

Thanks WG for making it so easy to uninstall PT.

28 comments in this topic

Recommended Posts

1,028
[WOLFG]
Members
1,479 posts

Boy was that fast!  One click and the now useless PT is gone.  Thanks for taking away the flag rewards and replacing them with useless Community tokens.  I have much more room on my computer for new games!!  You guys are just awesome.  

  • Cool 5
  • Funny 1
  • Thanks 1
  • Haha 2
  • Boring 1
  • Meh 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
24,375
[ARGSY]
Members
30,557 posts
28,102 battles

If it so happens that you find yourself lacking in those community tokens which could have snagged you a Tier 8 permacamo in an event, usually requiring 3000 doubloons to purchase, don't come crying to me.

  • Boring 5
  • Meh 3

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1,293
[USCC]
Members
3,869 posts
18,294 battles

I didn't like the tokens change at first, but now with so many other ways to get them, it's all good!
Without even trying I have almost 5k worth. :cap_like:

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
7,038
Members
34,409 posts
10,768 battles
5 minutes ago, Ensign_Cthulhu said:

If it so happens that you find yourself lacking in those community tokens which could have snagged you a Tier 8 permacamo in an event...

There's the difference though. Previously, you knew precisely what you would get. Now, you get tokens which can be spent on something you might want.

  • Cool 2

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Members
808 posts
4 minutes ago, Skpstr said:

There's the difference though. Previously, you knew precisely what you would get. Now, you get tokens which can be spent on something you might want.

Well, maybe. A big maybe.

Before you knew what flags you were getting. The reason I played PT was for those flags. Since WG removed flag rewards for achievements I was playing more PT to replenish some needed flags.

What they've done is change PT rewards to a slot machine with 0.05% chance of getting anything worth while. This is the direction they have been moving in for the past 1+ years. Slowly removing all the goodies and replacing them with nothing or a chance to win the flags you had before. The community tokens let you purchase a few useless perm camo for ships that don't need it or I don't play. Everything else is a slot machine. Vegas baby. 

I agree with the OP. Not worth my time or hard drive space anymore. 
 

  • Cool 2

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
24,375
[ARGSY]
Members
30,557 posts
28,102 battles
16 minutes ago, Skpstr said:

Now, you get tokens which can be spent on something you might want.

Better to have and not need than need and not have. And while the example of the permacamo is topical at the moment, there are other things you can get with them if you accumulate enough. In the long term, it theoretically adds up to guaranteed free doubloons.

  • Meh 3

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1,028
[WOLFG]
Members
1,479 posts
21 minutes ago, SpudZero said:

I didn't like the tokens change at first, but now with so many other ways to get them, it's all good!
Without even trying I have almost 5k worth. :cap_like:

Well, I have 700 without even trying.  Somebody must be 'not trying' allot harder than me.  Hmmmm....let me see, in six more months I can get a level three Premium battleship.  Oh, never mind, I already have that.  

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1,293
[USCC]
Members
3,869 posts
18,294 battles
1 minute ago, Captain_Rawhide said:

Well, I have 700 without even trying.  Somebody must be 'not trying' allot harder than me.  Hmmmm....let me see, in six more months I can get a level three Premium battleship.  Oh, never mind, I already have that.  

Off to a good start! :Smile_trollface:

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Members
808 posts
1 minute ago, Ensign_Cthulhu said:

Better to have and not need than need and not have. And while the example of the permacamo is topical at the moment, there are other things you can get with them if you accumulate enough. In the long term, it theoretically adds up to guaranteed free doubloons.

How does it theoretically adds up to guaranteed free doubloons?   You are just gambling and hoping to get something you might want or need. Theoretically you will win the jackpot at some point if you play a slot machine long enough. How many hours does one need to burn to do this on PT? Could be a year. 

Remember, WG doesn't make these changes for the player's benefit. It's all calculated and designed to make you burn flags and resources so that you purchase doubloons. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
24,375
[ARGSY]
Members
30,557 posts
28,102 battles
1 minute ago, CAPT_CORNHOLIO said:

How does it theoretically adds up to guaranteed free doubloons? 

Assume, for a start, an infinite supply of community tokens. Then go look at everything you can get with them. Study it carefully, then report back.

  • Boring 1
  • Meh 2

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1,028
[WOLFG]
Members
1,479 posts
12 minutes ago, Ensign_Cthulhu said:

Assume, for a start, an infinite supply of community tokens. Then go look at everything you can get with them. Study it carefully, then report back.

So basically what your saying is that anything you can get in game for free is like getting free doubloons.  Okay, if you say so.  I think I'll just quote Pink here,  'keep your drink, just give me the money.'  

Edited by Captain_Rawhide
  • Cool 1
  • Haha 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Members
808 posts
9 minutes ago, Ensign_Cthulhu said:

Assume, for a start, an infinite supply of community tokens. Then go look at everything you can get with them. Study it carefully, then report back.

An infinite amount of community tokens?   That's like saying with an infinite amount of money you will eventually win the jackpot or a lottery. 

Reality check!

  • Cool 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
7,038
Members
34,409 posts
10,768 battles
5 minutes ago, Ensign_Cthulhu said:

Better to have and not need than need and not have. 

I agree. And since what the OP needs and doesn't have from PT is signals, it makes sense for him to change his gameplay such that he can get those signals, by grinding for them on the live server.

I'm not decrying the actual supplanting of signals earning, it's just that yeah, a lot of people do things for specific rewards, and the PT will likely become less attractive for those people.

IMO, the entire goal of incentivising the PT should be to get as many as possible on there.

What I would have done is yeah, change the awards to tokens, but then allow signals to be purchased with them.

 

  • Cool 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Members
808 posts
5 minutes ago, Skpstr said:

I agree. And since what the OP needs and doesn't have from PT is signals, it makes sense for him to change his gameplay such that he can get those signals, by grinding for them on the live server.

I'm not decrying the actual supplanting of signals earning, it's just that yeah, a lot of people do things for specific rewards, and the PT will likely become less attractive for those people.

IMO, the entire goal of incentivising the PT should be to get as many as possible on there.

What I would have done is yeah, change the awards to tokens, but then allow signals to be purchased with them.

 

I don't always agree with you but when I do I like to get drunk

The Most Interesting Man in the World - Meming Wiki

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1,028
[WOLFG]
Members
1,479 posts
7 minutes ago, Skpstr said:

I agree. And since what the OP needs and doesn't have from PT is signals, it makes sense for him to change his gameplay such that he can get those signals, by grinding for them on the live server.

I'm not decrying the actual supplanting of signals earning, it's just that yeah, a lot of people do things for specific rewards, and the PT will likely become less attractive for those people.

IMO, the entire goal of incentivising the PT should be to get as many as possible on there.

What I would have done is yeah, change the awards to tokens, but then allow signals to be purchased with them.

 

Do you really think WG would have made even a comparable tradeoff?   Play and game and get 3 of each (non economic) flags?  Or play three and get 10 camos.  Somehow, I just doubt it.  But if it was even close, it would be better than those Community tokens.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
24,375
[ARGSY]
Members
30,557 posts
28,102 battles
25 minutes ago, Captain_Rawhide said:

So basically what your saying is that anything you can get in game for free is like getting free doubloons.

You missed it, didn't you? Go back and try again. Read carefully this time. If I have to give you the answer, you've failed comprehension 101.

  • Meh 4

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1,852
[PVE]
Members
1,188 posts
29 minutes ago, Captain_Rawhide said:

So basically what your saying is that anything you can get in game for free is like getting free doubloons.

The best option is 30,000 tokens for a T7 premium which is about $40.   How long does it take to get 30,000 community tokens?   

  • Cool 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
208
[KEGEL]
Members
363 posts
16,814 battles
26 minutes ago, Ensign_Cthulhu said:

Assume, for a start, an infinite supply of community tokens. Then go look at everything you can get with them. Study it carefully, then report back.

What he's saying is eventually after obtaining all the premium ships from the Premium V & VII containers, you'll receive doubloons instead.

4k from Prem V & 8.5k from Prem VII.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Beta Testers
119 posts
25,449 battles

You do know that you catch more flies with honey than with salt, No need to get personnel..

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1,852
[PVE]
Members
1,188 posts
2 minutes ago, SlightlyComatose said:

8.5k from Prem VII

~$35 for all that effort..    Probably a decent worthwhile effort in places such as Laos, Vietnam, Sierra Leone, ect..

  • Cool 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1,028
[WOLFG]
Members
1,479 posts
24 minutes ago, Ensign_Cthulhu said:

You missed it, didn't you? Go back and try again. Read carefully this time. If I have to give you the answer, you've failed comprehension 101.

Sorry, your analogy was so far fetched, I never even considered it.  I guess you're just too clever for me.  

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
4,745
[HINON]
[HINON]
Members
9,831 posts
16,869 battles
1 hour ago, Ensign_Cthulhu said:

If it so happens that you find yourself lacking in those community tokens which could have snagged you a Tier 8 permacamo in an event, usually requiring 3000 doubloons to purchase, don't come crying to me.

or a free T7 or T5 premium of which then after you have all of them you can then use those containers to get free dubloons

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
24,375
[ARGSY]
Members
30,557 posts
28,102 battles
33 minutes ago, SlightlyComatose said:

What he's saying is eventually after obtaining all the premium ships from the Premium V & VII containers, you'll receive doubloons instead.

4k from Prem V & 8.5k from Prem VII.

Yep.

And considering that Prem 5 containers are 1/3 the token cost, you know what people are going to do.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
7,038
Members
34,409 posts
10,768 battles
1 hour ago, CAPT_CORNHOLIO said:

I don't always agree with you but when I do I like to get drunk

The Most Interesting Man in the World - Meming Wiki

I have that effect on people lol.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
7,038
Members
34,409 posts
10,768 battles
1 hour ago, Farm_Fresh_Eggs said:

~$35 for all that effort..    Probably a decent worthwhile effort in places such as Laos, Vietnam, Sierra Leone, ect..

To be fair though, what effort does it take?

I have 1200, and don't even know how I got them.

Having said that, I don't know if there's a cap on how many tokens can be earned obliviously.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Guest
This topic is now closed to further replies.

  • Recently Browsing   0 members

    No registered users viewing this page.

×