Sign in to follow this  
You need to play a total of 20 battles to post in this section.
40902nd

Should Tier X be Available for Cash?

Simple Question.  

12 members have voted

1. 1. Should Tier X be Available for Cash?

• Yes.
    • No.

8 comments in this topic

[CYNIC]
[CYNIC]
Members
349 posts
8,963 battles

I liked that World of Tanks capped it's Premiums at Tier 8. I was less thrilled when World of Warships released Tier 9 premiums, but they have done so very sparingly, and Tier 9 is an off-tier, beside.

I don't know about sell Tier 10 ships, though. Tier 10 is the major competitive tier, where most Clan Battles take place. Resource ships, I get, and even approve of, since there is no direct money path to them. I understand Wargaming needs to make money, and I even approve of most of the ways they go about it. This, though...

1932282031_NapoliCost.JPG.91de116e20bb528a2922d166bc5e2d31.JPG1362359291_GoldCost.JPG.777c67302ed286e5a21ba87882da8485.JPG

[TO32]
Wiki Editor
6,421 posts
17,182 battles

So far the only t10 sold for cash was ARP Yamato (which was a clone of the tech tree ship with the t10 special economy). But your screenshot doesn’t mean WG is selling Napoli for that much - that’s the assigned doubloon compensation value for duplicates. Regardless of whether you can actually get a duplicate (and so far you have never been able to for t10s), every premium ship has a set duplicate compensation price. 

[KWF]
Members
6,769 posts
7,711 battles

Could you tell me where you found that pricing for Napoli? I don't doubt you, but unless it's in the shop or Armory, ships prior to release  often get placeholder values. 

If true, it shows ARP Yamato was just the beginning and we should expect more monetization of content to come. 

Still, I wouldn't pick up the pitchforks and torches yet as there has been no new info as far as I know on the ship.

Edited by warheart1992

[CYNIC]
[CYNIC]
Members
349 posts
8,963 battles

Dutch Cruisers Mission 4: Ruling the Elements, Final Mission, Second Option lists requirements for completion either Johan de Witt or Napoli. The Pricing is on the ship, just hover you mouse over it. That it is a requirement for that optional objective tells me that it is more than likely going to be released this patch, and so I would expect the listed price to be relatively accurate. Now, what I expect and what happens aren't necessarily the same thing.

I will admit that I had completely forgotten about ARP Yamato. A point to the idea that this is a placeholding value is that the price listed is the price that ARP Yamato was sold for, and cruisers are generally cheaper than battleships.

And don't worry, I am not calling for a boycott of this ship or Wargaming as a whole. I like this game. I send money on this game (maybe more than I should, but not more than I can afford). This is supposed to be more of a discussion than a complaint, and the question I ask is a genuine one. I know how I feel about the subject, and I would like to know where others stand on it.

[KWF]
Members
6,769 posts
7,711 battles
8 minutes ago, 40902nd said:

Dutch Cruisers Mission 4: Ruling the Elements, Final Mission, Second Option lists requirements for completion either Johan de Witt or Napoli. The Pricing is on the ship, just hover you mouse over it. That it is a requirement for that optional objective tells me that it is more than likely going to be released this patch, and so I would expect the listed price to be relatively accurate. Now, what I expect and what happens aren't necessarily the same thing.

I will admit that I had completely forgotten about ARP Yamato. A point to the idea that this is a placeholding value is that the price listed is the price that ARP Yamato was sold for, and cruisers are generally cheaper than battleships.

And don't worry, I am not calling for a boycott of this ship or Wargaming as a whole. I like this game. I send money on this game (maybe more than I should, but not more than I can afford). This is supposed to be more of a discussion than a complaint, and the question I ask is a genuine one. I know how I feel about the subject, and I would like to know where others stand on it.

Fair enough, thanks for the clarifications. If the ship is indeed released for doubloons, there are gonna be some short and long term issues for sure.

Considering the ship looks pretty strong, it may easily saturate high tiers for quite a while. The gimmick of accurate SAP secondaries coupled with smoke is definitely attractive.

If available for doubloons, then the saturated higher tiers will see an influx of players that aren't ready for the high tier meta. This will lead to a lower quality of play, and frustration. 

Finally, this will be a clear statement that ARP Yamato wasn't just a one off for collaboration reasons, but will be more common in the future. 

As you can understand I don't particularly like this implementation, but I'm not the one making the decisions, nor can I approach it easily with a business mindset as I'm just a player.

Edited by warheart1992

[RVNHQ]
Members
777 posts
16,185 battles

I doubt Napoli will be sold for doubloons.

If memory serves me correct, Smolensk ( or any tier X cruiser not sold for doubloons ) costs roughly the same via the All Ships mod.

Edited by Beleaf_

[USCC]
Members
3,869 posts
18,294 battles

It wouldn't bother me in the least if tier X's were sold for cash, as long as they were also available through other means as well. 

• Cool 2

[WOLF5]
Members
2,366 posts
16,720 battles
11 minutes ago, SpudZero said:

It wouldn't bother me in the least if tier X's were sold for cash, as long as they were also available through other means as well. 

I agree and have been. frankly surprised, that this has not happened already (or at least expanded well beyond the ARP Yamato)....

• Cool 1