You need to play a total of 20 battles to post in this section.
ogrejager

No Spee?

6 comments in this topic

[-TBA-]
Members
25 posts
6,961 battles

Quote:

"Clan battles

From August 18 to October 4, the 14th season of Clan Battles will take place in a 7 vs 7 format on Tier VI ships.

Restrictions:

• There can be no more than two aircraft carriers or battleships per team in total.
  • At the start of the season, Admiral Graf Spee and HSF Graf Spee are unavailable for Clan Battles"

REALLY?  I, for the first time ever, as a crappy player who tries, FINALLY ACTUALLY HAS THE "COOL SHIP" for clan battles and they pre-emptively ban it.  You can have 2 CVs, but I can't have my one cruiser that has a whole 2 turrets?

I'm sad and just griping.  Continue on with your day, please.

• Haha 1

[OPG4]
Members
1,200 posts
2,840 battles
6 minutes ago, ogrejager said:

REALLY?  I, for the first time ever, as a crappy player who tries, FINALLY ACTUALLY HAS THE "COOL SHIP" for clan battles and they pre-emptively ban it.  You can have 2 CVs, but I can't have my one cruiser that has a whole 2 turrets?

Well those two turrets house 11 inch guns, which is only matched by super cruisers like Alaska at t9. Plus, its got turtle back armor, decent secondaries, and decent torps. I had her as a rental once and I remember the time when I double cit a mikoyan through the flimsy 36mm belt armor, even though it was very angled.

Edited by Boomer625

[DAMP]
In AlfaTesters, In AlfaTesters
2,680 posts
14,109 battles

Also has a heal

[WOLF5]
[WOLF5]
Members
37,585 posts
30,508 battles

It has a lot of staying power for a Cruiser in Tier VI.  In a Random Battle where she can be bottom tier, she's not that special.  But if strictly Tier VI only?  That's where she stands out quite a bit.

• Cool 1

Members
4,477 posts
4,779 battles

My feelings are kinda mixed on this. I can see why Spee is powerful, but I wouldn't consider her ban worthy. I'd ban Perth and London before I would ban Spee. Heck is T-61 banned?