Jump to content
Sign in to follow this  
SteffisCute

Apparently I am in a puppet show

18 comments in this topic

Recommended Posts

242
[WOLF3]
Members
568 posts

So there is this organization in my hometown that works with single parent household kids. Most of the kids had parents who either died because of lung issues from coal mining or had a parent leave them or go to work in another state to support them because...well you know a lot of Appalachia is poor.

Anyway so every other weekend at my old high school they put on an event for the kids. Usually involving entertainment, music, a BBQ, that sort of stuff.

So Bekah, being the tree hugging hippie that she is volunteered to be involved in this event despite the fact we live in Morgantown and my hometown where Dad lives is like 2 hours away.

UGH.

So she is all "It will be fun I signed us up to do a puppet show for the kids"

*blink blink*

Ha ha ha Bekah puppet show that's funny you had me there for a second.

"I'm serious Steffi"

INTERNAL SCREAMING COMMENCES

"Bekah...how can I calmly put this without causing a human rights violation...."

"Steffi STOP we are doing this for the kids not everyone grew up like you most of us were dirt f**king poor"

sigh....she has a point.

So apparently we are doing a puppet version of the three pigs and OF COURSE I am the big bad wolf...somehow I think she is trying to tell me something....so she is in the kitchen making these puppets as we speak. Well the joke is on HER...I am going to go off script and improvise all my lines and she will just have to deal with it. I think I will give the Wolf a heavy German accent:

"Little pigs little pigs let me IN! Or I vill HUFF UND PUFF UND BLITZKRIEG YOUR HOUSE IN!!!"'

See? I am combining entertainment AND history!

Dad is going to video it and I will post it on You Tube. 

Kids better applaud or else!

Edited by SteffisCute
  • Cool 2
  • Funny 1
  • Haha 2

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
4,561
[PVE]
Members
11,190 posts
19,799 battles
26 minutes ago, SteffisCute said:

Most of the kids had parents who either died because of lung issues from coal mining or had a parent leave them or go to work in another state to support them because...well you know a lot of Appalachia is poor.

We have a bunch of hungry kids on our hands, let's give them a puppet show. That will satisfy them, it will take their minds off of their hunger for a while. I think the Big Bad Wolf should bring the kids some protein bars and carrot juices and become the Big Good Wolf, even Bekah wouldn't complain about that. Beef Jerky wouldn't be a bad choice either.  Happy meals? Taco Bell? Pizza? The moral could be, don't judge a person by their looks.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
242
[WOLF3]
Members
568 posts

They have a whole group of people who cook and provide groceries to their families, we are on the entertainment side of it,

Sheesh what the actual hell.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
242
[WOLF3]
Members
568 posts

"I can't believe how much we paid to watch this!"

"the tickets were free!"

"I know! And we still overpaid!"

HOHOHOHOHOHOHOHOHOHOHOHO!

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
2,423
[WDS]
[WDS]
Members
4,565 posts
12,999 battles

Sounds like a a good idea for a good cause . Work on your German accent and put on a good show for the kids . Nothing like putting a smile on a child’s face . Good luck ! 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
2,869
[PVE]
Members
9,003 posts
25,340 battles
3 hours ago, SteffisCute said:

"I can't believe how much we paid to watch this!"

"the tickets were free!"

"I know! And we still overpaid!"

HOHOHOHOHOHOHOHOHOHOHOHO!

An alternate approach...

Little pigs...let me in...or ju vill be shot in zee mornink...

Vut ju viiill en-joy eet.

Nah...maybe a little too far off script...probably better to save that line for the kids that don't applaud.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
4,365
[WPORT]
Members
11,541 posts
15,861 battles
11 hours ago, Sovereigndawg said:

We have a bunch of hungry kids on our hands, let's give them a puppet show. That will satisfy them, it will take their minds off of their hunger for a while. I think the Big Bad Wolf should bring the kids some protein bars and carrot juices and become the Big Good Wolf, even Bekah wouldn't complain about that. Beef Jerky wouldn't be a bad choice either.  Happy meals? Taco Bell? Pizza? The moral could be, don't judge a person by their looks.

+1

"It is the strong who can afford to be gentle." - my own words.

Edited to add:
@SteffisCute  Below is a question for you.  But, you don't have to tell me your answer.  It is the sort of question we must all answer for ourselves.

Spoiler

What type of Cobra would you rather be? | Cobra Kai

 

 

Edited by Wolfswetpaws

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
4,365
[WPORT]
Members
11,541 posts
15,861 battles
Spoiler
12 hours ago, SteffisCute said:

So there is this organization in my hometown that works with single parent household kids. Most of the kids had parents who either died because of lung issues from coal mining or had a parent leave them or go to work in another state to support them because...well you know a lot of Appalachia is poor.

Anyway so every other weekend at my old high school they put on an event for the kids. Usually involving entertainment, music, a BBQ, that sort of stuff.

So Bekah, being the tree hugging hippie that she is volunteered to be involved in this event despite the fact we live in Morgantown and my hometown where Dad lives is like 2 hours away.

UGH.

So she is all "It will be fun I signed us up to do a puppet show for the kids"

*blink blink*

Ha ha ha Bekah puppet show that's funny you had me there for a second.

"I'm serious Steffi"

INTERNAL SCREAMING COMMENCES

"Bekah...how can I calmly put this without causing a human rights violation...."

"Steffi STOP we are doing this for the kids not everyone grew up like you most of us were dirt f**king poor"

sigh....she has a point.

So apparently we are doing a puppet version of the three pigs and OF COURSE I am the big bad wolf...somehow I think she is trying to tell me something....so she is in the kitchen making these puppets as we speak. Well the joke is on HER...I am going to go off script and improvise all my lines and she will just have to deal with it. I think I will give the Wolf a heavy German accent:

"Little pigs little pigs let me IN! Or I vill HUFF UND PUFF UND BLITZKRIEG YOUR HOUSE IN!!!"'

See? I am combining entertainment AND history!

Dad is going to video it and I will post it on You Tube. 

Kids better applaud or else!

 

By the way, I think it is good that you're supporting your partner and taking a chance to do some good for your community.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
10,264
[PSP]
[PSP]
Members
15,698 posts
1 hour ago, Wolfswetpaws said:

Cobra Kaii

 

You know, I watched that series on Netflix and actually found it fairly good. I liked the way that they showed that from the Cobra Kaii kid's perspective the Karate Kid was actually the one doing most of the bullying when they were in high school (not to mention that he won the tournament with a kick that was illegal in an under 18 match).

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
5,486
[WOLF9]
Wiki Lead, Privateers
16,585 posts
4,774 battles
14 hours ago, SteffisCute said:

OF COURSE I am the big bad wolf.

You would have been insulted with any other role. 

Video required to be posted here.  I MEAN IT.

 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
4,365
[WPORT]
Members
11,541 posts
15,861 battles
2 hours ago, Snargfargle said:

You know, I watched that series on Netflix and actually found it fairly good. I liked the way that they showed that from the Cobra Kaii kid's perspective the Karate Kid was actually the one doing most of the bullying when they were in high school (not to mention that he won the tournament with a kick that was illegal in an under 18 match).

Yeah, the exchange of perspectives is one of the interesting parts of the story.

Now, we know it is deliberate with the Cobra Kai series.  At least, I think we know.
But, I'm curious about how much of the movies' scripts were intentional, or simply a by-product of the writers' mind-sets and the direction the producers and directors wanted to take the scripts.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
5,059
[WOLFG]
Members
13,388 posts
12,784 battles

I truly believe there is a winning reality television show in here somewhere.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
242
[WOLF3]
Members
568 posts

I don't want to give Bekah a platform to spew her tree hugging communist crap.

I can see it now:

"Hi welcome to the Steffi show featuring ME, Steffi and also Bekah"

"TREES HAVE RIGHTS! DOWN WITH CAPITALISM! WORLD PEACE NOW!"

WE ARE EXPERIENCING OPERATIONAL DIFFICULTIES PLEASE STAND-BY

"Welcome back to the Steffi show! Unfortunately, Bekah will not be in this episode as she had an unfortunate accident and somehow and for no reason suddenly flung herself off the balcony...now for some Dubstep! YAY!"

 

 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
5,059
[WOLFG]
Members
13,388 posts
12,784 battles
8 hours ago, SteffisCute said:

 

"Hi welcome to the Steffi show featuring ME, Steffi and also Bekah"

"TREES HAVE RIGHTS! DOWN WITH CAPITALISM! WORLD PEACE NOW!"

WE ARE EXPERIENCING OPERATIONAL DIFFICULTIES PLEASE STAND-BY

"Welcome back to the Steffi show! Unfortunately, Bekah will not be in this episode as she had an unfortunate accident and somehow and for no reason suddenly flung herself off the balcony...now for some Dubstep! YAY!"

 

 

^ Would be the good part.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Sign in to follow this  

  • Recently Browsing   0 members

    No registered users viewing this page.

×