Sign in to follow this  
You need to play a total of 20 battles to post in this section.
Chief_SeaDog

No Dutch Treat admin plz answer

5 comments in this topic

[SOCOM]
Members
910 posts
31,638 battles

The new access for  europe ships. it takes 900 coins to get the entire  line completed. the best I can figure at most you can earn is 285,  that leaves about 615 coins needed,  they expect us to uses real money to get tiered ships?

I guess since I had the T4 and ready got enough XP to get the five so I guess we have to wait to get the line  going. No early access unless you spend money. Why can admin at least post how much has to be bought t get the ships. Oh I forgot sometimes being honest does not work for WOW.

[HINON]
Alpha Tester
27,528 posts
26,266 battles

Being able to freely earn much less tokens than you need to complete the unlock chain is no different from previous early access events. It's literally how it's been going for years.

The ships will be free to get in a few patches anyways.

[SALVO]
Members
15,648 posts
9,782 battles
3 hours ago, Chief_SeaDog said:

Why can admin at least post how much has to be bought t get the ships. Oh I forgot sometimes being honest does not work for WOW.

Unless they did...

T80urd0.png

Sometimes reading is OP and does not work for grumpy jaded veterans...

[CYNIC]
[CYNIC]
Members
349 posts
8,963 battles

Running a game is not free. Money needs to come in, some where, some how.

Methods of making money:
1.) Charging for the Game up front.
2.) Charging a subscription fee (Either to Play or Locked Advancement).
3.) Charging for Premium Account (Ease of Advancement).
4.) Charging for Premium Content (Pay to Win).
5.) Charging for Premium Content (Pay for Uniqueness).
6.) Charging for Early Access to Free Content.
7.) In-game advertisement 

Guess which ones Wargaming employs. Guess which ones World of Warcraft Employs. Either you make money one way or another, or you don't have a game. Wargaming has opted for allowing for free, unrestricted access to their World of [Blank] games and sustains themselves on optional purchases. It boggles the mind that people have issue with this. I think it is more because some of us are just used to getting the tech trees dumped on us with everything open at the beginning, as it was at the beginning. However, remember that back then, you had to grind through the entire tree, now they practically throw part of the tree at you for free and have people gambling for the tier 9. It is what it is.

• Cool 1

[SOCOM]
Members
910 posts
31,638 battles
On 7/14/2021 at 6:39 AM, Lert said:

Being able to freely earn much less tokens than you need to complete the unlock chain is no different from previous early access events. It's literally how it's been going for years.

The ships will be free to get in a few patches anyways.

I fully understand that. I am just asking WOW to just put up front how many tokens you can get without spending any money. I understand money is needed to run the game. I would just like up front figures to see if it is worth doing that is all.  Just put it  out there from the start.