Sign in to follow this  
You need to play a total of 20 battles to post in this section.
Lert

She is finally home

39 comments in this topic

[HINON]
Alpha Tester
27,530 posts
26,273 battles

xVDella.jpg

Server is up btw.

• Cool 11
  • Thanks 2
  • Boring 3

[ARGSY]
Members
30,570 posts
28,115 battles

Niiiiiice.

What's the button to push to pull down the UI and grab those super-sexy screenshots, BTW?

• Boring 1

[KWF]
Members
6,769 posts
7,712 battles
2 minutes ago, Ensign_Cthulhu said:

Niiiiiice.

What's the button to push to pull down the UI and grab those super-sexy screenshots, BTW?

Hold down your right click, it's done automatically.

• Cool 2

[SALVO]
Members
15,654 posts
9,795 battles

:Smile_bajan2: happy Lert day :Smile_bajan2:

Today we all become a little dutch

[HINON]
Alpha Tester
27,530 posts
26,273 battles
4 minutes ago, Ensign_Cthulhu said:

Niiiiiice.

Like @warheart1992 said, hold down rightmouse.

• Cool 1

[KAPPA]
Members
1,853 posts
10,369 battles
20 minutes ago, Ensign_Cthulhu said:

Niiiiiice.

Also CTL + J in battle will disable and re-enable the UI, used to be CTL + G, but they mapped something to G at some point and had to change it.

• Cool 2

Members
867 posts
9,353 battles

Hmm, wait! That little black dot above the "W" in Warships I spy. Is that a NERF BAT? :Smile_hiding:

[HINON]
Alpha Tester
27,530 posts
26,273 battles
47 minutes ago, Valas1 said:

Hmm, wait! That little black dot above the "W" in Warships I spy. Is that a NERF BAT? :Smile_hiding:

It's a plane

tX244lU.jpg

• Cool 1

[ARGSY]
Members
30,570 posts
28,115 battles
2 hours ago, Valas1 said:

NERF BAT

Aah, the dreaded nerf bat. One bite - JUST ONE - from its toxic fangs can reduce powerhouse ships to emasculated simp barges, screaming and wetting themselves in terror in A1 or J10. :Smile_trollface:

Edited by Ensign_Cthulhu
  • Boring 1

Members
1,054 posts
4,579 battles
12 hours ago, Valas1 said:

My first thought was "Oh that's just a spec of something on @Lert's monitor."  My second thought was...nothing really, I was laughing at myself too hard.

[HINON]
Alpha Tester
27,530 posts
26,273 battles
21 minutes ago, dimzzy said:

One of the worst T9 DDs...

Really? Higher winrate, higher average XP and higher average damage than Fletcher, a ship consistently called a great T9 destroyer here.

[ARR0W]
Members
5,974 posts
32,079 battles

As much as I have read about the ships, people and engagements related to ABDACOM, it was a bit sobering to see de Ruyter sitting in Rotterdam port today. 

[P1]
Members
740 posts
15,151 battles
20 hours ago, ArIskandir said:

Today we all become a little dutch

Yeah - we're all swimming in the canals of Amsterdam...now that we have beaten the Danes...

Members
867 posts
9,353 battles
On 7/14/2021 at 10:10 AM, Lert said:

It's a plane

LOL, I know. Was trying to be funny. But seems the humor whiffed.

[-1]
Members
907 posts
15,262 battles
On 7/14/2021 at 10:24 PM, Lert said:

Really? Higher winrate, higher average XP and higher average damage than Fletcher, a ship consistently called a great T9 destroyer here.

My Fletcher performs much better...

• Boring 1

[HINON]
Alpha Tester
27,530 posts
26,273 battles
4 minutes ago, dimzzy said:

My Fletcher performs much better...

You really don't see the problem with comparing your personal performance in one ship to the global average in another ...?

If you're just here to rag on a ship, please go somewhere else. Like, seriously.

• Thanks 2

[-1]
Members
907 posts
15,262 battles
Just now, Lert said:

You really don't see the problem with comparing your personal performance in one ship to the global average in another ...?

If you're just here to rag on a ship, please go somewhere else. Like, seriously.

How about this:

1) Bad acceleration and speed in general so you can be rushed by cruisers and battleships without fear. Dodging torps could also be a problem.

2) Poor penetration so your only hope to deal damage to even slightly armored ships is to cause fires.

3) Low HP and no heals so open water gunboating is too expensive.

4) Very floaty shells so guns lose effectiveness even at moderate ranges.

5) No speed boost and poor speed in general which means you can kill sneaky dds only when their captains do grave mistakes. And god forbid meeting Kitakaze.

6) No torps means that you just scout and allow enemy team to push. The moment you smoke to use guns your targets go dark. It's a nightmare to be the only DD on your flank.

Basically this DD is a very light cruiser; the only good thing is relatively high dpm but it's value is diminished by a lot of other factors.

• Boring 1

[115TH]
Members
117 posts

It's a DD killer for crying out loud. You go in a cap and you wreck all the other DDs. You out gun them, your guns have amazing firing angles and almost lift the ship out of the water they spin so fast. You have smoke, you have hydro, seriously, what else do you want it to do for you? Make you a cup of tea? 

Edited by Lucid_Nonsense_1
sp.

[-1]
Members
907 posts
15,262 battles
19 minutes ago, Lucid_Nonsense_1 said:

It's a DD killer for crying out loud. You go in a cap and you wreck all the other DDs. You out gun them, your guns have amazing firing angles and almost lift the ship out of the water they spin so fast. You have smoke, you have hydro, seriously, what else do you want it to do for you? Make you a cup of tea? 

So you enter the cap with 6.4 conceal and get outspotted by all IJN, USN and EU dds. What's next? You can't hit speed boost and force the engagement--they have speed boost and can run away. Or smoke up at least. And your hydro is only 5km. Now you have two options: retreat and stay spotted by these dds or smoke up and cap. The next thing coming is a flood of torps which you may not be able to dodge because of the poor handling.

Did you spot Soviet or French dd? Good luck landing shells on them after 10km. But they will be hitting you much more comfortably at range so quality>>>quantity in this case.

Did you just spot Kitakaze? I won't be so sure who will win the trade.

• Boring 1

Members
5,055 posts
14,302 battles
2 hours ago, dimzzy said:

How about this:

1) Bad acceleration and speed in general so you can be rushed by cruisers and battleships without fear. Dodging torps could also be a problem.

2) Poor penetration so your only hope to deal damage to even slightly armored ships is to cause fires.

3) Low HP and no heals so open water gunboating is too expensive.

4) Very floaty shells so guns lose effectiveness even at moderate ranges.

5) No speed boost and poor speed in general which means you can kill sneaky dds only when their captains do grave mistakes. And god forbid meeting Kitakaze.

6) No torps means that you just scout and allow enemy team to push. The moment you smoke to use guns your targets go dark. It's a nightmare to be the only DD on your flank.

Basically this DD is a very light cruiser; the only good thing is relatively high dpm but it's value is diminished by a lot of other factors.

You are an odd duck. You turn up like a bad penny any time anyone mentions Friesland, which I don't understand. It's in your top ten most-played ships for some reason, but you're worse than average with it while being an above-average player overall. You do better in Fletcher, but haven't played Fletcher nearly half as much, and also do poorly in several highly respected destroyers. Maybe it's just not your ship, like Estimated Prophet and his hatred of Fiji. Lord knows we all have some ship that just doesn't click with us. There are hundreds of ships in the game, I think you'll live without dumping on the people who like this one. It's OK to be in the minority of people who don't like a ship.

Edited by RainbowFartingUnicorn

[-1]
Members
907 posts
15,262 battles
20 minutes ago, RainbowFartingUnicorn said:

You are an odd duck. You turn up like a bad penny any time anyone mentions Friesland, which I don't understand. It's in your top ten most-played ships for some reason, but you're worse than average with it while being an above-average player overall. You do better in Fletcher, but haven't played Fletcher nearly half as much, and also do poorly in several highly respected destroyers. Maybe it's just not your ship, like Estimated Prophet and his hatred of Fiji. Lord knows we all have some ship that just doesn't click with us. There are hundreds of ships in the game, I think you'll live without dumping on the people who like this one. It's OK to be in the minority of people who don't like a ship.

So that's the thing: I've played most of these games recently trying to improve initial 52% WR and went down as a result. I was just stunned how poorly it performs for me. I was switching between two captains--one full gunboat 21pt Swirski and another 18pt designed for range; both don't work.

I mean yes--there were occasional bright moments where I was able to catch torp boats pants down or sit in smoke and harvest broadsides with AP but in most games Friesland is countered hard by other DDs and BBs now are fully specced for survivability and just refuse to burn down. 

I see how this ship could shine in div but solo...

• Boring 1

[REKTD]
Members
1,173 posts
15,214 battles
On 7/14/2021 at 9:24 PM, Lert said:

To be honest I would expect TT Fletcher to be lower in those categories than a much lesser played freemium ship. But @dimzzy should add the “for me”, as it would seem that Friesland doesn’t jive with his playstyle. 

For me it’s Scharnhorst and Richelieu - I am terrible in those otherwise good ships. I’m not much better in Friesland, so I do feel his pain.