Sign in to follow this  
You need to play a total of 20 battles to post in this section.
WoWsNewsBot

The Third Brawl

12 comments in this topic

[-VT-]
[-VT-]
Members
2,181 posts
25,780 battles

Strasbourg finally has her time to shine. 

• Funny 1

[CRF]
Members
1,531 posts
11,028 battles

but goes on for a week...heck, I might even try it (woe to my team mates!)....

[MCCAL]
Members
178 posts
5,978 battles

Haven't done one of these yet.  Should be interesting.

Beta Testers
17 posts

Hmm. It says non-clan folk can participate, but I assume the teams are pre-set? How do folks plug in should they be individuals?

[MR-1]
Members
2,936 posts
30,867 battles
1 hour ago, TaxetTia said:

Hmm. It says non-clan folk can participate, but I assume the teams are pre-set? How do folks plug in should they be individuals?

its fun with clan members , but its a good way  to try out new prospects as well 

• Cool 1

Members
535 posts
22,971 battles
8 hours ago, Carackas said:

Haven't done one of these yet.  Should be interesting.

3vs3 Brawls are great  Hope you enjoy them  

• Cool 1

[SR-_-]
Members
5,505 posts
52,536 battles
On 7/16/2021 at 1:45 PM, sonoasailor said:

but goes on for a week...heck, I might even try it (woe to my team mates!)....

It's sort of like the old west, but with more witty one liners than Ahnuld.

Team 1: "Your BB looks rusty, just how much did you drink last night?"🤮

Team 2: "Ask your ship waifus, they had me over."😘🤭

Team 1: "Your DD looks nervous, are you sure he got enough liquid courage?"🤔🤭

Team 2: "At least my DD doesn't look like it sailed out of a My Chemical Romance concert."🤣😂

Team 1: "Your powers are weak old cruiser. Once, I was your apprentice, now I am the Master."🤨

Team 2: "Only a Master of Evil."😈

*Guns and torps exchange...💢💥💫

WG: *Facepalms.. "We should have went with the Pokemon event...😏

😂🤣

• Funny 1
  • Boring 1

Members
2 posts
2,694 battles

I've been racking up a fair few Brawl games this season, it's been great to help level up my British DD line, IJN BB line, gain lots of credits and free XP while having loads of fun... however there's a pretty big hole in the balance of the Brawls and that's allowing a single CV in each Brawl. It's quite unbalanced and actually lends the CV team with a major disadvantage.

When normally showing down it's like ro sham bo, 3 options of ships, each one counters another and as a result it sets a pretty interesting dynamic where each ship class has to outwit their class opposite while hunting their determined target i.e. DD hunts BB while avoiding the DD/CA, CA hunts DD while avoiding the BB/CA, BB hunts CA while avoiding the DD/BB. When you throw a CV into the mix, it gives a great spotting advantage for the first 30 seconds to a minute (not really an advantage when most ships are still getting into position and barely effects mid game), but from that point it might as well do nothing because T6 CV's are useless against any single tier. Taking into account the rocket plane adaptations they can't realistically fight an enemy DD like they could before, so they end up getting relegated to spotting and occasional harrassing of the BB or CA without doing any meaningful damage due to T6 BB AA defence. But what it means for the CV team is that they're drastically outgunned from the enemy team, not only do they have a BB fighting them without a similar caliber ship opposing, but now it's essentially two gun/torpedo ships against 3, swinging favour into the team of the BB. It's about as fun as playing with an AFK BB on your side, might as well not even try, I still do give it everything I've got but it feels like trying to push excrement uphill with a fork and really isn't fun.

The only time I've personally witnessed a CV team win is when they're all in a clan or the BB team splits up and goes rogue (which rarely happens in Brawls). So, what I propose is that if you are going to allow CVs into the Brawls, at least make it a CV each side minimum or just ban them from Brawls. Those are the only two options I can see to make it fair for both teams (short of reversing the rocket attack plane changes but I highly doubt anyone wants to go back to that) and get back into the strategic brawling of ship v ship which is super fun!

Thank you for your time.