You need to play a total of 20 battles to post in this section.
Lert

The worst thing about this game

54 comments in this topic

[HINON]
Alpha Tester
27,701 posts
26,569 battles

To me, at least ...

Is players going "If you guys don't <play like I want you to> I'm going to leave / quit the match" right at the get go.

Had two of these in a row. Different players. Just ruins the match right away. One just outright suicided announcing how much we were going to lose. Joke's on him, we won anyways.

Get over yourselves, you pathetic little whiny babies with your diapers full. The game isn't about you, you know. We're not your bots / slaves.

15ae80b2-5f28-4a3c-93e9-8965c9844266_tex

/rant

Edited by Lert
  • Cool 24
  • Funny 3
  • Thanks 6
  • Sad 1
  • Boring 2
  • Meh 2

[HINON]
[HINON]
Members
9,877 posts
17,607 battles

or the ones that try to Tk you because "yOu sToLe mUh kIlL" my answer to that is "show me where on that ship it was written "this ship can only be killed by X" and either leads to them trying to TK me or it shuts them up, either way i come out on top in the situation now because they cant TK me even if they wanted to

[OIL-1]
Members
2,307 posts

It's a dead give away of their weakness.
If you ever played an organized sport, the first thing you learn is,
The Team is not there to support you. You are there to support The Team.
(That changes at the professional level, but these guys never even played 
peewee football so they wouldn't know.)

• Cool 3

[HINON]
Alpha Tester
27,701 posts
26,569 battles
1 minute ago, z9_ said:

It's a dead give away of their weakness.

Yup.

1 minute ago, z9_ said:

The Team is not there to support you. You are there to support The Team.

Bingo.

• Cool 1

[CAAT]
Members
6,191 posts
7,996 battles
34 minutes ago, Lert said:

One just outright suicided announcing how much we were going to lose.

Yeah, I HATE players like that. Like, at least GIVE US A CHANCE to try to win please. Don't just suicide and make our lives even more difficult. At least TRY, for goodness sake, for your OWN personal performance at least!!!

[TNP66]
Beta Testers
3,168 posts
9,044 battles
34 minutes ago, Lert said:

To me, at least ...

Is players going "If you guys don't <play like I want you to> I'm going to leave / quite the match" right at the get go.

Had two of these in a row. Different players. Just ruins the match right away. One just outright suicided announcing how much we were going to lose. Joke's on him, we won anyways.

Get over yourselves, you pathetic little whiny babies with your diapers full. The game isn't about you, you know. We're not your bots / slaves.

/rant

I had a guy literally hide in the back of the map yesterday for Narai. He just sailed around back there the whole match. It made me mad dude and I even got it on livestream too. I wish I could livestream to all ages, but due to players having suggestive names and not being able to turn chat off I can’t. So I just livestream to 18+ instead. I have had quite the day today and I hope that we get to see a Dutch supercruiser one of these days. 

[PVE]
Members
1,876 posts
51,711 battles
39 minutes ago, Lert said:

To me, at least ...

Is players going "If you guys don't <play like I want you to> I'm going to leave / quite the match" right at the get go.

/rant

lol I had one do that in coop.. If anyone shoots the ship I want I will leave.   I could not help it and he left. 

Did he tell you how to play after that.

Edited by cecill611

[HINON]
Alpha Tester
27,701 posts
26,569 battles
Just now, landedkiller said:

not being able to turn chat off

There are mods for that, I'm sure.

[DRFTR]
Beta Testers
7,734 posts

i always turn chat off in pvp, much more pleasant experience that way, plus it gives me a second to pause before I let loose in chat...

then again, coop is even better...

[CAAT]
Members
6,191 posts
7,996 battles
30 minutes ago, tcbaker777 said:

or the ones that try to Tk you because "yOu sToLe mUh kIlL"

Yeah, I LITERALLY had this happen a couple days ago when I was in my ARP Yamato in Grand Battles. Some Shimakaze player was apparently after a Montana that I was engaged with since like the beginning of the match at B point, so naturally when the Montana re-appeared broadside and I was in-close, I instinctively opened fire as SOON as it became visible. That Shimakaze player then proceeded to scream bloody murder over chat at me, like as if I TK'd him or something. "THAT WAS MY KILL, YOU STOLE MY KILL, USE YOUR EYES, YADDA YADDA" and I was like "sorry for actually doing my job and securing the kill and thereby securing our win." 

CLEARLY, I was making the wrong play (according to galaxy brain Shima player over there) and I don't know what I'm doing!! I should have left Montana to its own devices and leave it to the Shimakaze player that FAILED to sink it prior /s:

GrandBattleWinYamato189k.thumb.jpg.dfdce30c06e1b15b8855302c77a3162b.jpg

#1 on the team btw. Montana had recently sunk one of our ships too, so it was an immediate threat to our victory, I NEARLY got sunk by it myself (1/4 HP remaining no more repair parties)!!!

Oh, and that Shima player? ZERO kills. barely halfway on the XP leaderboard. It's not even like the guy was one kill away from Kraken, that I might understand (although I personally have had games with 4 kills, and having my Kraken stolen from me, it happens.) No, he just decided to blast me for....doing my job too well....?

Yeah, it was a super weird experience.

[TORCH]
Members
829 posts
8,354 battles

I just knew it was going to be about the player base before I clicked on it...And I endorse that message...as much I have gripes about what the Devs are doing to the game...It's the miss behavior / toxic actions / Yolo mentality that ruin gameplay the most...

[REKTD]
Members
1,216 posts
15,721 battles

I see such childishness more and more lately. I usually engage them, advising their commentary says much more about them than anything else. I’ve also been known to point out that they are overly emotional. I particularly enjoy the idea of telling them...

57 minutes ago, Lert said:

Get over yourselves, you pathetic little whiny babies with your diapers full. The game isn't about you, you know. We're not your bots / slaves!!

That is perfectly stated and I must +1 that!

Lately I have found that you can’t fix stupid, so the wiser course for me is to just keep chat off. Then I simply do not know of the drama and thus remain in blissful ignorance. When some fool keeps clicking on my ship in the mini map, I still do click on them every minute afterwards though. Especially when they get sunk, at their last location.

[WOLF1]
[WOLF1]
Members
2,895 posts
8,973 battles
4 minutes ago, ThiccLoliThighs said:

The worst thing about this game is the gradual decline of the skills and attitude of the playerbase.

I have to respectfully disagree. I don't think either are declining, but you are perceiving that they are. 

1) The longer you play, the better you get, and therefore the worse the average skills of the other players are by comparison. When you first start, every other players' skills seem godlike. As you improve you start to equal, and then exceed, their average skill level. 

2) I think in the same way you notice the attitude more after you're a better player. You can see the errors that people are making, and their responses when you try to offer advice etc. People don't like being told how to play, despite your best interests. I can honestly say that for every game where someone on my team or the red team have started ranting in chat are balanced by the matches where we all have good banter. 

tl/dr: The appearance of a gradual decline of skills and attitude of the playerbase is due to your gradual improvement in both. 

• Cool 2

[HINON]
Alpha Tester
27,701 posts
26,569 battles
2 minutes ago, HyperFish said:

I have to respectfully disagree. I don't think either are declining, but you are perceiving that they are.

It's probably a combination of the two, I think. What you said, but also an actual decline, at least in how the players behave, and a slow but steady increase in whining and 'sabotaging'.

[DAMP]
In AlfaTesters, In AlfaTesters
2,688 posts
14,166 battles

Just had a battle where no joke a 40.8% WR player was playing admiral of the team and because we didn't listen we would lose according to him. Needless to say we won and he was the only ship we lost (this was in ranked). Those are the only things I don't like about players in the game.

[PVE]
Members
12,057 posts
21,291 battles
1 hour ago, Lert said:

you pathetic little whiny babies with your diapers full

Those diapers aren't full, they are half empty.

• Thanks 2

[VIGIL]
Members
1,438 posts
55 minutes ago, Lert said:

It's probably a combination of the two, I think. What you said, but also an actual decline, at least in how the players behave, and a slow but steady increase in whining and 'sabotaging'.

If it matters, there are lots of newer players that don’t ask for suggestions in game/matches/scenarios lest they be subject to the internet-swear-diarrhea-firehose.

Ask me how I know….

Shoot, my son and I were playing a PvP match and he (13yo in a Yama that he worked hard to get) got called “useless F***”, “brain dead moron”, “dumbf***” and worse.  We won, and he was 2nd and I was 3rd (in my first outing in my Drake)

People are insane, but there is a crowd of quiet people that love the game and honestly want to get better.

The jerks certainly aren’t great advertising though  

Edited by Dudefella
  • Cool 1
  • Thanks 1

[-TRM-]
Members
5,566 posts

I simply dont care.

Port abusers to me are pathetic and get reported for violation and then blacklisted.

Every time that happens from whomever raging at my failure to click by boot heels and say JAWOHL and execute their little game demands... helps me become more resolute.

Thats how this game will break. Water getting into the cracks and the hot salting and toxicity breaks it.

As for me I quit communicating in game with the chat disabled specifically. You can follow me to the enemy or you can go sink alone.

Edited by xHeavy

Members
1,030 posts
1 hour ago, HyperFish said:

1) The longer you play, the better you get, and therefore the worse the average skills of the other players are by comparison. When you first start, every other players' skills seem godlike. As you improve you start to equal, and then exceed, their average skill level. 

2) I think in the same way you notice the attitude more after you're a better player. You can see the errors that people are making, and their responses when you try to offer advice etc. People don't like being told how to play, despite your best interests. I can honestly say that for every game where someone on my team or the red team have started ranting in chat are balanced by the matches where we all have good banter. 

tl/dr: The appearance of a gradual decline of skills and attitude of the playerbase is due to your gradual improvement in both. 

I dunno man, just a few years ago I didn't notice this much intentional suiciding and toxicity as much as there is now. I mean yeah you had SALTY being cancer in chat but other than that things were better even team-wise. There were barely many blowouts like today.

• Thanks 1

[WOLF1]
[WOLF1]
Members
2,895 posts
8,973 battles
51 minutes ago, ThiccLoliThighs said:

I dunno man, just a few years ago I didn't notice this much intentional suiciding and toxicity as much as there is now. I mean yeah you had SALTY being cancer in chat but other than that things were better even team-wise. There were barely many blowouts like today.

Maybe you experience more toxicity and intentional suicide than me because people find your username objectionable  and don't want to play a match with you on their team. 

• Meh 2

[SCRUM]
Members
439 posts
13,116 battles
1 minute ago, HyperFish said:

Maybe you experience more toxicity and intentional suicide than me because people find your username objectionable  and don't want to play a match with you on their team. 

Does that happen?  It might explain a few things for me.

• Cool 1
  • Funny 1

[AN2AC]
Members
389 posts
12,272 battles
3 hours ago, Lert said:

To me, at least ...

Is players going "If you guys don't <play like I want you to> I'm going to leave / quit the match" right at the get go.

/rant

Im quite sad that you can"t knock a team member out anymore, some of the above idiots I dont mind going pink for a couple of games :Smile_hiding:

[WOLFG]
Members
17,089 posts
20,381 battles
1 hour ago, ThiccLoliThighs said:

It may be you've gotten better and notice more of this now, but with the way the game has changed, you are probably right.

The game is much more focused on the grind than getting better.  

No signals for achievements.

Ranked is more about just putting up games than playing really well.

Get X numbers of hits/floods/spots.

Plus the use of premium time/permacamo's/high tier premiums to offset game costs.

Team play isn't as rewarded as just getting your own, which also leads to toxicity.

• Boring 1