You need to play a total of 20 battles to post in this section.
DottoreBoooom

Launch of the Dutch Cruisers - full page spread in Dutch newspaper

18 comments in this topic

Members
11 posts
428 battles

Only for those who understand Dutch - the largest Dutch newspaper “De Telegraaf” had a one-page article today on WOW and the launch of the Dutch cruisers - enjoy Lert!

4903FC2F-D94E-4CAD-92BA-A3D3C9A8CE9E.jpeg

Edited by DottoreBoooom
  • Cool 6
  • Thanks 3

[HINON]
Alpha Tester
27,716 posts
26,569 battles

Neat!

[WOLF5]
Supertester
5,240 posts
4,523 battles

Damn, WG marketing must be having a party right now:Smile_teethhappy: I'd bet the EU server sees a player spike.

Neat to see mainstream media taking an interest in something like this, guess the historical significance is appreciated.

[SALVO]
Members
16,427 posts
10,183 battles

How cool! You still have printed papers over there

• Haha 1

[WPORT]
Members
20,674 posts
22,615 battles
2 hours ago, DottoreBoooom said:

Only for those who understand Dutch - the largest Dutch newspaper “De Telegraaf” had a one-page article today on WOW and the launch of the Dutch cruisers - enjoy Lert!

Excellent.  Thanks for sharing.  :-)

[WOLFC]
Members
2,787 posts

Happy for you all

Cries while eating his Ketchup chips knowing full well there could have been a piece like this done in the Globe & Mail last month in a country twice the population of the Netherlands.....if they had only listened....

Edited by Anonymous50

[WOLF1]
Beta Testers
16,300 posts
23,627 battles
2 hours ago, DottoreBoooom said:

4903FC2F-D94E-4CAD-92BA-A3D3C9A8CE9E.jpeg

Wow that is really cool. Thanks for sharing that.

Members
34,409 posts
10,768 battles
47 minutes ago, ArIskandir said:

How cool! You still have printed papers over there

I think how much of that you still have is influenced by the age of your population.

Most of the elderly people I know prefer the paper, and use tech devices for other uses, and only because younger relatives have bullied them into it lol.

[SALVO]
Members
16,427 posts
10,183 battles
2 hours ago, Skpstr said:

I think how much of that you still have is influenced by the age of your population.

Most of the elderly people I know prefer the paper, and use tech devices for other uses, and only because younger relatives have bullied them into it lol.

Overhere, the elderly watch TV, the young watch YT and streams. I'm worried about reading and written language dying with me. Seriously.

[ARR0W]
Members
6,145 posts
32,879 battles
1 minute ago, ArIskandir said:

Overhere, the elderly watch TV, the young watch YT and streams. I'm worried about reading and written language dying with me. Seriously.

A fear I share, along with the possible demise of rigorous research and critical thinking. Access to orders of magnitude more information havent made us more knowledgeable. We are regressing in everything except natural and computer science. 

• Cool 1

[SALVO]
Members
16,427 posts
10,183 battles
6 minutes ago, Pugilistic said:

A fear I share, along with the possible demise of rigorous research and critical thinking. Access to orders of magnitude more information havent made us more knowledgeable. We are regressing in everything except natural and computer science. 

A recent study in France proved this is the first generation in records to rank lower in IQ tests than its previous generation. Regressing is accomplished, now the question is, how far back?

Members
11 posts
428 battles
On 7/14/2021 at 12:46 AM, ArIskandir said:

Well, I am officially old, but have been in computers since 1986, in internet and search engines  from 1993 (worked with Tim Berners-Lee, for who still remember who he is), so screen junkie for a long time but there is one habit I will not give up: paper paper and a cup of coffee…and yes, we no longer access traditional tv - older generation is probably defined as true consumers of what is put in front of them, whereas younger generations are more intention-driven - decide what you want to view, and go search a medium that offers it…

Edited by DottoreBoooom
  • Cool 1

[SALVO]
Members
16,427 posts
10,183 battles
41 minutes ago, DottoreBoooom said:

there is one habit I will not give up: paper paper and a cup of coffee…

I was forced out of it... Once upon a time I remember on Sunday mornings opening a window to the whole world, news from around the globe, very interesting opinion articles, even the beloved comic strips... It has been some years now that my window became reduced to a keyhole and International news got replaced by "look at my belly button" news and luxury watches advertisement. I had to move to digital, actual paper was dead.

Edited by ArIskandir

[A-I-M]
Members
4,956 posts
18,534 battles
On 7/13/2021 at 7:01 PM, ArIskandir said:

A recent study in France proved this is the first generation in records to rank lower in IQ tests than its previous generation. Regressing is accomplished, now the question is, how far back?

Too many characters for a Twitter tweet. I can’t understand this wall of text, you blowhard!

• Funny 1

[WOLFC]
Members
2,787 posts

IQ tests are notorious for prizing the social status  & information knowledge base of the 1960's male.

If you all want to judge yourself against Pete Campbell  & co, knock yourself out.