Sign in to follow this  
You need to play a total of 20 battles to post in this section.
toadster_2020

what can be done with duplicates from collections?

21 comments in this topic

[AFK-2]
Members
701 posts
6,232 battles

You can buy other elements of the collection that you don't have using duplicates. The exchange rate varies between collections but the most common is 5:1. Any left over duplicates will be converted to credits, again the exchange rate varies per collection. 

• Cool 1

[OIL-1]
Members
2,307 posts

Click on one of the blanks representing a piece you don't own.
It will ask if you want to use duplicates to complete that piece.

When collection is full, duplicates are automatically converted. I once collected $2.2M from duplicates in a collection.

• Cool 1

[SIAS]
Members
38 posts
10,346 battles

Another pointless mechanic by war gaming that serves no purpose other than to piss off its player base. 

• Cool 1
  • Haha 1
  • Boring 1
  • Meh 1

[CUDA]
Members
1,451 posts
13,969 battles
4 minutes ago, Dmich89 said:

Another pointless mechanic by war gaming that serves no purpose other than to piss off its player base. 

Some people enjoy collecting things. I do it for the bennies but can see how others would have fun with it.

• Cool 1

[SIAS]
Members
38 posts
10,346 battles
Just now, Swervenkill said:

Some people enjoy collecting things. I do it for the bennies but can see how others would have fun with it.

I get that, but why give us duplicates??? 

• Cool 1

[CUDA]
Members
1,451 posts
13,969 battles

It's like baseball cards? You get a pack but don't know what's in it? I never collected things at random like that.

• Cool 1

[WOLF5]
Supertester
5,240 posts
4,523 battles
1 hour ago, toadster_2020 said:

so duplicates are converted after the collection is full?

Not quite. While the collection is part full you'll just collect duplicates (there's a counter in the collection page). Once you have enough you can trade 5 for any missing piece. Highly recommend doing this to help complete the collection.

After you have the full collection then any duplicates are converted to credits and any pieces of that collection you draw in the future are automatically converted to credits.

• Cool 1

[WOLF5]
[WOLF5]
Members
38,191 posts
30,943 battles

We had players in the past being shocked to find out they could convert duplicates for a collection item.  I remember long ago a veteran player making a thread about having something like 130+ dupes and never getting the last handful of items to complete some collection.  One of us posted about how to convert and the guy was floored.  He'd been with the game for like 3 years and never knew.  Other posters started commenting about their surprise and not knowing this was possible.

There's a few guys that actually try to let the duplicates run up like crazy if they're not hellbent on a collection's rewards.  Just let the dupes pile up and let it complete on its own.  Tons of dupes getting turned in for for 15k credits each is a nice little payout.  But it's all dependent on RNG.

• Thanks 1

[S0L0]
Alpha Tester, In AlfaTesters
5,432 posts
9,039 battles

Pro-tip.. never convert any duplicate pieces until you have enough to complete the entire collection. It goes faster that way.   Also,  You can, if not working on  another collection.. purposefully collect duplicates forever to make more credits when you finally decide to convert them. .. Duplicates are converted to credits when not needed.    Once you complete the collection you will stop getting them from crate drops entirely. 

• Thanks 1

[RSWF]
Members
434 posts
6,480 battles

I let the American Cruisers collection keep going until it filled - didn't use duplicates to complete.  I was curious to see how many dup's I could get.  Collection has 48 pieces.  I had just over 150 duplicates when it completed.

[VOP]
Members
1,156 posts
On 7/13/2021 at 3:22 PM, iRA6E said:

Pro-tip.. never convert any duplicate pieces until you have enough to complete the entire collection. It goes faster that way.   Also,  You can, if not working on  another collection.. purposefully collect duplicates forever to make more credits when you finally decide to convert them. .. Duplicates are converted to credits when not needed.    Once you complete the collection you will stop getting them from crate drops entirely. 

I got a bunch of duplicate Motherland pieces yesterday in the bonus crates even though I completed that collection long ago.

[WOLFC]
Members
6,105 posts
17,255 battles
9 hours ago, Airjellyfish said:

I got a bunch of duplicate Motherland pieces yesterday in the bonus crates even though I completed that collection long ago.

The advice given was pertaining to “subscription” collection items that have a chance of showing up in your random daily containers. Once you complete a collection you can’t subscribe to get them in those containers anymore, so they stop dropping.

Special event containers associated with collections will always have one or two collection items: it’s a fixed feature of the containers themselves.

[NONE]
Members
4,225 posts
On 7/13/2021 at 2:52 PM, Dmich89 said:

I get that, but why give us duplicates??? 

Bait for the easily obsessed. Another rainbow to chase via loot boxes.

[WOLFO]
[WOLFO]
Members
2,389 posts
10,247 battles

just finished 'Legion of Honor', i knew it was in the 90's, but I think it landed on 100 exactly.

1.5M CR: never converted any. It was my only collection that still had auto-collect toggle. Five or so last ones are finish as you can.

image.thumb.png.0ca47df9cb3faffc3a6cdf7fc1ff17eb.png

I was shocked it ran that far, now seeing responses in the 100's, I see it differently now.

I don't mind the dupes.

Make sure you engage auto toggle where you can.

[VOP]
Members
1,156 posts
10 hours ago, Nevermore135 said:

The advice given was pertaining to “subscription” collection items that have a chance of showing up in your random daily containers. Once you complete a collection you can’t subscribe to get them in those containers anymore, so they stop dropping.

Special event containers associated with collections will always have one or two collection items: it’s a fixed feature of the containers themselves.

Thanks for the clarification.

[LRM]
Members
1,806 posts
18,063 battles
On 7/13/2021 at 2:33 PM, toadster_2020 said:

I have a TON of duplicates, can they be sold/traded, other?  

There are 2 options.
1) if you REALLY want the collection completed (say you need the permacamo that collection will give you), you trade duplicates for the missing items. Open the collection and click on missing items, it will offer you to pay 4-5 duplicates to get it. IMPORTANT!! Don't do this before you have enough dupes to buy the entire collection. So, if you have 3 missing items and each costs 5 dupes, don't trade until you have at least 15 dupes. 
2) if you don't need to finish the collection RIGHT NOW, like some collections that just give you the ability to put 2 flags on the ship, DO NOT trade dupes. Just keep collecting the collection until it randomly completes. This way, you will accumulate 100-150-200 duplicates, which upon completing the collection will be sold for 15000 creds EACH. With enough dupes, you can get 1-2-3 million cash.

Collections are finite, eventually, you will have them all and will be collecting nothing, so use option 2) as much as you can, to extract the most possible cash from the available collections.

Edited by crazyrom